Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some were hoaxes (perhaps even 3/4 of them), however, there has been an increase...even if you weed out the proven hoaxes.

The issue is that the ideals of the Trump support base aren't monolithic in nature. Due to the pandering he did to various groups, he drew support from people with very different ideas on certain topics.

And to preface, I'm not going to throw out the accusation that he pandered to KKK, Neo-Nazis, etc... I still feel that was a baseless accusation by the left to make an excuse for the fact that they lost blue collar white workers in key states because they backed the wrong horse by pushing Hillary over Sanders. In some regions, large amounts blue collar people who backed Obama twice went for Trump...that's not coming from a conservative biased source, that's coming right from a high ranking democratic strategist.

Those Obama-Trump voters, in fact, effectively accounted for more than two-thirds of the reason Clinton lost, according to Matt Canter, a senior vice president of the Democratic political firm Global Strategy Group. In his group’s analysis, about 70 percent of Clinton’s failure to reach Obama’s vote total in 2012 was because she lost these voters.

Given that many of those folks backed Obama twice, I don't think they magically turned racist overnight...

Now, with that out of the way, back to my original thought process...

With the groups that he pandered to, their indirect/incidental overlap with certain ideologies created some strange bedfellows within his support base.

For example, he strongly pandered to conservative evangelicals (evidenced by his picks of Mike Pence and DeVos), who have a high level of overlap with the crowd that says "The Jews are God's chosen people, we need to defend them at all costs".

He also strongly pandered to the anti-establishment types, who have a high level of overlap with the conspiracy theory community, and many in that community think that there is a worldwide "ZOG" (Zionist Occupied Government) and that a handful of powerful Jews are secretly controlling the worlds banking and financial affairs.

So you end up with people who love the Jewish people, (metaphorically) sitting at the same table with folks who think that there's a Jewish conspiracy to take over the world, without fully realizing who they're sitting across from at that table.

Obviously, when a president gets elected, die hard supporters become emboldened to a degree...we saw it under Obama as well. Even though Obama wasn't directly pandering to people who had the attitude of "we're going to take down the banks", those folks were still emboldened by his election. (thus the occupy rallies that popped up all over the place).

That's why you have some Trump supporters who just can't fathom why his election may have led to an increase in manifested hate against Jewish people. The evangelical Trump voter says "I voted for Trump, I love the Jewish community and would defend them at all costs, I stand with Israel", not realizing that there are some other players on their team that joined the team for completely different reasons.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There are more attacks all over the US since the election, and guess who they are? Trump haters, antifa, homosexuals, college freaks, blacks, Mexican gang members... The only thing they have in common, they are leftists who will accept nobody having an opinion other than their own.

Note when this gets reported, Not all leftists are turning to violence, but the trend is there in many of it's sub-groups.

Upvote 0

more4less

Nov 23, 2016
Houston Tx
✟29,971.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
more and more hate crimes against jews since trump elected

Anti-Semitic incidents spike since election, Jewish watchdog says
It is only those White Supremacist groups that had voted for Hillary that are mad and angry. And that they are persuading Black folks through mind-manipulation tactics to join in and protest against President Trump. They had persuaded the slaves to join the confederated army as they are doing the same with the Blacks of today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I mentioned it since this thread is about Jews getting attacked.
Was he attacked specifically for being Jewish? I honestly want to know what happened.

Upvote 0

more4less

Nov 23, 2016
Houston Tx
✟29,971.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was he attacked specifically for being Jewish? I honestly want to know what happened.
Well, they are not going to come out and admit it. They wants the pure white bloodline to stay pure in America, and burn up the weeds. There's no reason for Hillary to cover up the story about Bill's illegitimate son. It will make her look good if she accepted him. But she doesn't want it to be known that her daughter Chelsea has a Black brother. It has been eating her to the marrow of the thought that her husband had laid with something so disgusting, and created a baby by that disgusting thing.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, they are not going to come out and admit it. They wants the pure white bloodline to stay pure in America, and burn up the weeds.
Who is " they"?

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The issue is that the ideals of the Trump support base aren't monolithic in nature. Due to the pandering he did to various groups, he drew support from people with very different ideas on certain topics.
I agree. One of the issues with the two-party system is that his supporters include anyone to the right of him, no matter how far right they are or what else is included in their ideology. He doesn't agree with them on everything, or perhaps even most things, but his electoral victory relied on getting them to the polls.

Upvote 0