Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just thought I'd continue the list in another thread about all the absurdities science is feeding us, since the other one got boring.

1) That a tube of metal weighing several tons can actually fly in the air without the use of miraculous magic;
2) That a careless exchange of fluids can somehow result in a baby
3) That the sun is 93 million miles away yet I can still see it
4) That the stars are trillions of times further than that, yet i can also see them
5)
6)
7)
8)
10)

Complete the list!

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That the same force that causes me to stay on the ground can cause the sun to make the earth spin around it despite it being millions of miles away!!!!
utterly preposterous i say!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just thought I'd continue the list in another thread about all the absurdities science is feeding us, since the other one got boring.

1) That a tube of metal weighing several tons can actually fly in the air without the use of miraculous magic;
2) That a careless exchange of fluids can somehow result in a baby
3) That the sun is 93 million miles away yet I can still see it
4) That the stars are trillions of times further than that, yet i can also see them
5) That a space vessel that can't lift off in cold weather one day, suddenly can in another.
6) That a payload's door wouldn't open in a fire because it was built to open outward.
7) That a chemical that doesn't affect mice would horribly disfigure humans.
8) That we're still alive after Y2K.
9) That Pluto is still thought of by some scientists in the IAU as a planet.
10) That the entire universe fit within a pixel, yet Noah's Ark was too small for all those animals.

Complete the list!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Time is a variable which depends on how fast you are traveling relative to someone who is stationary.

Fail. You stated this in a way that implies that one object can objectively considered stationary and the other moving. relativity says the opposite.

Upvote 0

Lord Emsworth

Je ne suis pas une de vos élèves.
Oct 10, 2004
Through the cables and the underground ...
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Those magical images I keep seeing are supposed to be tennis players. It is said that I see the matches at the same time that they are played! One the other side of the globe!! As if. How come they don't simply fall off? Or just freeze to death in their *crosses himsef* miniskirts?? LOL

Surely the Deveiver aided by the willing help of the Australian Openist Faith is trying to get us and our children to do likewise and catch death by wearing only light garments outside.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I still don't get how we're meant to believe that there's water in the air. It's pretty obvious there's nothing there, because otherwise we'd see it!

clouds.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lord Emsworth

Je ne suis pas une de vos élèves.
Oct 10, 2004
Through the cables and the underground ...
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I still don't get how we're meant to believe that there's water in the air. It's pretty obvious there's nothing there, because otherwise we'd see it!

There you have it, paug. If you look past the clouds in the magic painting, the blue stuff, that's the water.

(Although I have to say, I think the moving magical paintings are better.)

Upvote 0