Moons for this year

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic

Full moons in 2018
Many cultures have given distinct names to each recurring full moon. The names were applied to the entire month in which each occurred. The Farmer's Almanac lists several names that are commonly used in the United States. The almanac explains that there were some variations in the moon names, but in general, the same ones were used among the Algonquin tribes from New England on west to Lake Superior. European settlers followed their own customs and created some of their own names.

This is when full moons will occur in 2018, according to NASA:

Date Name U.S. East UTC
Jan. 1
Wolf Moon 9:24 p.m. 02:24
Jan. 31
Snow Moon 8:27 a.m. 13:27
Mar. 1
Worm Moon 7:51 p.m. 00:51 (3/2)
Mar. 31
Pink Moon 8:37 a.m. 13:37
Apr. 29
Flower Moon 8:58 p.m. 01:58 (4/30)
May 29
Strawberry Moon 10:20 a.m. 15:20
Jun. 28
Buck Moon 12:53 a.m. 05:53
Jul. 27
Sturgeon Moon 4:21 p.m. 21:21
Aug. 26
Corn Moon 7:56 a.m. 12:56
Sep. 24
Harvest Moon 10:53 p.m. 03:53 (9/25)
Oct. 24
Hunter's Moon 12:45 p.m. 17:45
Nov. 23
Beaver Moon 12:39 a.m. 05:39
Dec. 22
Cold Moon 12:49 p.m. 17:49

Reactions: Abaxvahl

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the Sabbath ( seventh day ) it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.
Showing celebration [feasts] of both the weekly, monthly, and annual feasts.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
27657252_1638679132889769_5877763798475996446_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
The longest total lunar eclipse of the 21st century happens this week. The full moon will turn blood red on July 27 as the longest [1 hour] total lunar eclipse of the century takes place in the skies from Australia through Africa.

A total lunar eclipse occurs when the moon passes through the Earth’s innermost shadow. When this happens, the moon turns rusty orange or deep red in color and is how it earned the nickname of a blood moon eclipse. The red moon will pair well with Mars, which reaches opposition just before the eclipse and will also appear orange or red in color. https://www.accuweather.com/en/weat...moon-visible-this-century-until-2123/70005578

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Talmud (Sukkot 29a) specifically described solar eclipses as being a bad omen for the nations. Indeed, the complete solar eclipse that transversed the continental United States last summer ushered in the most devastating hurricane season in US history. Also the Talmud specifies that lunar eclipses are a bad omen for Israel since Israel is spiritually represented by the moon.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Rabbi Brody noted that the lunar eclipse falls on the 16th day of the Hebrew month of Av. The preceding day – the 15th of Av – is referred to as Tu B’Av, which Rabbi Brody explains is “the best day of the year for the Jewish People.”

Rabbi Brody also notes that the lunar eclipse falls during the Sabbath after Tisha B’Av, the fast day commemorating the destruction of both Jewish Temples. “[This is] the Sabbath of consolation, when Hashem consoles His people the Shabbat following the 9th of Av,” Rabbi Brody wrote. Brody highlighted that the remarkable duration of the eclipse also had significance.

In the context of the lunar eclipse being a sign for Israel, Brody clarified how it could be either an omen for bad or an omen for good. “The total time of the upcoming eclipse, the longest of this century, will be 6 hours, 13 minutes,” the rabbi explained. “613 is the exact number of the Torah’s commandments. Coincidence? No such thing.”

The specific meaning of this eclipse will depend on how a person relates to the 613 commandments. “Everything Hashem does is a phenomenal mercy,” Brody said. “There is so much good in Israel even though this is one of the most difficult generations. The yetzer hara (evil inclination) has the most incredible tools in all the screens and the Internet, to pull people away from God and kedusha (sanctity). Even so, people are still holding on to their belief.”

This was the key to what type of omen this lunar eclipse will be in the context of global redemption focused on Israel. “If someone is clinging to Hashem, there is no safer place than the land of Israel,” Rabbi Brody said. “But if someone is not doing hashem’s will, then there is no more dangerous place than the land of Israel.”

Other spiritual leaders also saw significance in this lunar eclipse. In a recent video, Rabbi Matityahu Glazerson, a Torah Codes expert, found clues hidden in the Book of Numbers for this specific lunar eclipse. Using a Torah program that searches for equidistant letter sequences in the Bible, he discovered the words אב ליקוי חמה (the month Av, lunar eclipse). He also found a code for the exact date, 15th of Av, 5778.

In this code was a verse the rabbi felt was especially poignant for this era. You shall not defile the land in which you live, in which I Myself abide, for I Hashemabide among B’nei Yisrael. Numbers 35:34

The rabbi noted that Tu B’av is the Jewish holiday of love. But, he warns, it is precisely a perverted power of love that can turn the lunar eclipse into a harsh judgement for Israel. “There is no more abomination of the land than homosexuality,” Rabbi Glazerson said. “We need to do tshuva (repentance) for such a severe sin. The Torah warns us that this sin brings a lot of anger from heaven.”

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Pinterest

Upvote 0