Florida
✟324,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was Wow-ed to discover one way that the moon can be "turned to blood" (Joel 2:31, Acts 2:20, Revelation 6:12). It is the result of fire+smoke.

California’s Carr Fire may have unleashed the most intense fire tornado ever observed in the U.S.

I also just discovered there are such things are "fire tornados."

You're right that fires and smoke can cause the moon to appear red, but it is more commonly caused by a total lunar ecclipse.

There are several prophecies in the bible that foretell of events in the sky that appear to be cataclysmic, but actually are not. They are merely signs of times.

For instance, the sun turning dark does not mean that the sun is going to be "switched off", but only describes a solar ecclipse. The moon not giving its light occurs with every new moon.

The only question is, since these events are only visible from certain areas of the world when they occur, where is it they would be visible from? The only place on earth of any "biblical" significance is Jerusalem. So if you like to watch for these things, look for a solar ecclipse followed by a new moon, both visible from Jerusalem.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Gen 1:14 - And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

copyChkboxOff.gif
Joe 2:31 - The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Mar 13:24 - But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I was Wow-ed to discover one way that the moon can be "turned to blood" (Joel 2:31, Acts 2:20, Revelation 6:12). It is the result of fire+smoke.

California’s Carr Fire may have unleashed the most intense fire tornado ever observed in the U.S.

I also just discovered there are such things are "fire tornados."
But this has nothing to do with the blood moons of the bible.
Check Post No2 above and maybe google "blood moons". You will see they come at known times.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The ideas I found from Googling about "blood moons" are the product of human reason that are not in Scripture. It was presumably God's intent to help people understand that "the end" would be cataclysmic. God's prophecies are almost always fulfilled in ways people were not able to anticipate. His prophecies can also be fulfilled in spirit and not be fulfilled scientifically at all. John the Baptist was not Elijah resurrected, but he was still "the Elijah who was to come."

Btw, I didn't suggest in the OP that what I described was going to be how the prophecy was fulfilled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
The ideas I found from Googling about "blood moons" are the product of human reason that are not in Scripture.

No they are not. A blood moon in scripture is the same as a blood moon today.
God set the sun moon and stars to maintain times and seasons. The blood moons appear at predictable times now, just as they did 2000 years ago.
They are there for us to check scriptural time by, not because someone has set a forest on fire.

Upvote 0