• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Mooching for prayers!

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by rusmeister, Aug 9, 2015.

1. rusmeister

rusmeister A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian

+2,230
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    My younger son, Andrew, broke his arm badly. We had to cut short our summer camp and return home; tomorrow have to take him to Moscow for a probable operation. If anyone feels they can get up and say a prayer, it will be greatly appreciated!! The trip itself is stressful, an operation under anasthetic is stressful, it'll probably cost us big bucks, the baseball season, which is very short here, is already over for him, and in general, we're feeling extra down right now.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. rusmeister

+2,230
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    My younger son, Andrew, broke his arm badly. We had to cut short our summer camp and return home; tomorrow have to take him to Moscow for a probable operation. If anyone feels they can get up and say a prayer, it will be greatly appreciated!! The trip itself is stressful, an operation under anasthetic is stressful, it'll probably cost us big bucks, the baseball season, which is very short here, is already over for him, and in general, we're feeling extra down right now.

3. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+11,508
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Prayers for Andrew :crosseo:

4. RobNJ

RobNJ CF Olde Pharte

+3,048
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Lord, have mercy
    Prayers for Andrew & family

5. truefiction1

truefiction1 Fool

+1,643
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Lord have mercy.

6. Antony in Tx

Antony in Tx a sinner

+218
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Lord have mercy!

7. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+11,564
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Lord have mercy!

8. rusmeister

+2,230
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    We're at a children's emergency hospital in Moscow. Operation scheduled for 3:00pm.

Russian hospitals control visitation tightly and keep even parents out much more strictly than in the US. We're sitting outside and he's alone inside.

Thank you for your prayers!

For those of you who have me on FB, he's the boy posing with the baseball bat on my cover page.

9. Trying_to_be_Orthodox

Trying_to_be_Orthodox Newbie

+28
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Lord, have mercy!

10. Anhelyna

+11,508
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Argh - you must be in pieces Rus :(

Hope it all goes well and you get Andrew home quickly

:crosseo:

11. ~Anastasia~

~Anastasia~ † Servant of God † Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+15,455
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Prayers, Rus, for Andrew and for the entire family. God be with you all, and have great mercy on you.

12. rusmeister

+2,230
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Thank you all!
    They've operated - a break with the bone moved (I don't know what we call it in English), under general anaesthetic. Only one parent is allowed to visit; since I'm the non-citizen, it makes sense that it be my wife. They're probably going to keep him for 5-7 days. That is a major drag for him.

I can probably visit on Wednesday, anyway. My wife will put me on a list of approved visitors. We bought him permitted goodies - fruits, raisins and so on.

He decided that is a fan of the LA Angels last year. But it's a bummer that we won't be able to play baseball this year (maybe a LITTLE in late Sept).

There's a church right across the street from the hospital. As seen from my parking spot:

Attached Files:

13. RobNJ

RobNJ CF Olde Pharte

+3,048
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Glad he's doing well!!
    Continued prayers for a full & speedy recovery

14. ~Anastasia~

~Anastasia~ † Servant of God † Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+15,455
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Continued prayers. Wow, they do sound strict! What a beautiful Church!

15. ArmyMatt

+11,564
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    continued prayers!

16. rusmeister

+2,230
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    They put pins in his arm (or whatever you call them) to brace it. He's lying there by his lonesome, little camper, with only four visiting hours a day. It's a federal hospital that specializes as a children's emergency room and short-term recovery. My wife said it's really well-designed and decorated for children, and there are other kids his age there.

17. Anhelyna

+11,508
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Poor Andrew - he will be looking forward to coming home.

They'll be wanting to see that everything went well and the pins [ and possibly plates supporting the bone ] are holding well before they let him home.

What a thing to happen when he was on holiday

18. ArmyMatt

+11,564
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    glad he has some kids there his age

19. rusmeister

+2,230
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I'm trying to recuperate from three straight days of intensive driving myself. I hope to visit him tomorrow after work. Am trying to get my old iPad (original, very little works these days thanks to the continuous upgrading - thanks, Apple (not)!) to run chess, some Hans Zimmer and Kung Fu Panda/Marmaduke for him, and a few e-books. I can still do a few things on it, though not much. There are long lonely hours for him there. One of the downsides of Russia is their authoritarian medical system that keeps family members isolated from each other.

20. Anhelyna

+11,508
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Hopefully the other kids will help keep him occupied .

How good is his Russian ?