This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
lol did my folks drive through it on the way to Minot?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see where you're at. On hwy 200 I haven't been past Lewistown. I susually turn south to go through Harlowton to get to Billings

Upvote 0

MountainLion

Aug 29, 2006
Eastern Montana
Visit site
✟337.00
Faith
Catholic
lol did my folks drive through it on the way to Minot?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see where you're at. On hwy 200 I haven't been past Lewistown. I susually turn south to go through Harlowton to get to Billings
Your folks probably stayed north of Jordan on Hwy 2

I've found when meeting with people from the western side of the state they most have never been past Lewistown or Billings. When some come to visit me they realize how far apart things really are in Montana.

I love it out here

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am hoping to move out of town in the next year, God willing. I usually hit Billings then cut across the corner of WY to Spearfish SD and all points East from there.

Due to Dad being a Marine and my own Army time I have hit about 40 of the 50 states and 8 other countries.

Upvote 0

MountainLion

Aug 29, 2006
Eastern Montana
Visit site
✟337.00
Faith
Catholic
I am hoping to move out of town in the next year, God willing. I usually hit Billings then cut across the corner of WY to Spearfish SD and all points East from there.

Due to Dad being a Marine and my own Army time I have hit about 40 of the 50 states and 8 other countries.
Fort Benton or Craig would both be nice places. It would still be close enough to the "big" city of Great Falls if you really needed to do some heavy duty shopping.

Taking 212 across WY, or the interstate?

212 is shorter and when you the to Belle Fouche if you head east from there to Whitewater via St. Onge you can cut some more miles off instead of going through Spearfish. My family is from the Rapid City area and I used to drive from Billings to go visit them.

Wow, that's a lot of travel. :cool: I spent some time on Guam with the Air Force and I was beginning to feel very crowded. Then I went to Diego Garcia and it was even worse. There were more people in our tent city then there are in Garfield County. Besides the fact that Diego is 10 1/2 square miles compared to almost 5000 for Garfield County. I was glad to get back home

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mom's side of the family homesteaded in Moorcroft so I always pass through there. I do have family in the Rapid CIty area too. I like Spearfish. It's beautiful area.

My sister was born in Belle Fouche.

I was at Ft Bragg in the mid-90's and having more people in that area than the are in the state of MT was way too much. When I was stationed in Germany we lived on a post that made Belt look big. That was nice, except that was where my wife was stationed and I drove 1 1/2 hours to get to the post where I worked everyday...except for deployments.

All that said, I am glad to be home too.

Ft Benton is neat little town that I always enjoy visiting. Craig is a great area too. We are starting a non-profit to build a campground for the handicap and want to host other ministries that take disabled people of all ages out to hunt and fish.

We'll see how God brings the pieces together.

Upvote 0