1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Montana?

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by reverie_maiden, Jan 12, 2006.

1. reverie_maiden

reverie_maiden The Lord is my Shepherd

+372
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Anyone under these forums from Montana? I was just curious...because as far as I have noticed I am the only one.

2. Cvrt.308Wraith

Cvrt.308Wraith New Member

+2
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I am, though currently I am in Alaska for college.

3. ShilohCity

ShilohCity act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly

+46
    Christian
    Married
    I live in Butte, Montana. Where are you at?

4. handmaiden97

handmaiden97 Veteran

+75
    Christian
    Single
    I used to live in Bozeman and would love to move to the Columbus or the Lodge Grass area....but I am a Wyomingite by birth and lived here most of my life

5. reverie_maiden

reverie_maiden The Lord is my Shepherd

+372
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I am from the Billings area...

6. DailyBlessings

DailyBlessings O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!

+878
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Lived in Montana for a couple of weeks once, but that's about it.

7. limedes

limedes New Member

+1
    Christian
    Well, I am so new to this but I am also from Montana!! I'm from Kalispell.

8. Lynn

Lynn Veteran

+99
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    we lived in Kalispell back in 76-80. I loved it there and was heartbroken to have to leave (military family)

9. CapitalLancer

CapitalLancer DORbandinan are #FF0000,...

+10
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Flathead Valley in the house...

10. mtman

mtman Newbie

+0
    Baptist
    We have a cabin in Babb, right across from Glacier N.P.

11. Gomez

Gomez Guest

+0
    You're not alone. I live near Missoula, Montana.

12. mont974x4

mont974x4 The Christian Anarchist Supporter

+1,166
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Great Falls here, but looking for land either near Ft Benton or Craig

13. MountainLion

MountainLion Member

+15
    Catholic
    Do you guys know where Jordan is?:wave:

14. mont974x4

+1,166
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Not really. I have heard of it tho. lol

15. MountainLion

MountainLion Member

+15
    Catholic
    When you look at your Montana map, look for the spot that looks like it has nothing around it but the roads running through town. You'll probably find Jordan.

Hint: it is not on the western side of the state where towns seem to be 10-20 miles apart.

16. mont974x4

+1,166
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    lol did my folks drive through it on the way to Minot?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see where you're at. On hwy 200 I haven't been past Lewistown. I susually turn south to go through Harlowton to get to Billings

17. MountainLion

MountainLion Member

+15
    Catholic
    Your folks probably stayed north of Jordan on Hwy 2

I've found when meeting with people from the western side of the state they most have never been past Lewistown or Billings. When some come to visit me they realize how far apart things really are in Montana.

I love it out here

18. mont974x4

+1,166
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I am hoping to move out of town in the next year, God willing. I usually hit Billings then cut across the corner of WY to Spearfish SD and all points East from there.

Due to Dad being a Marine and my own Army time I have hit about 40 of the 50 states and 8 other countries.

19. MountainLion

MountainLion Member

+15
    Catholic
    Fort Benton or Craig would both be nice places. It would still be close enough to the "big" city of Great Falls if you really needed to do some heavy duty shopping.

Taking 212 across WY, or the interstate?

212 is shorter and when you the to Belle Fouche if you head east from there to Whitewater via St. Onge you can cut some more miles off instead of going through Spearfish. My family is from the Rapid City area and I used to drive from Billings to go visit them.

Wow, that's a lot of travel. :cool: I spent some time on Guam with the Air Force and I was beginning to feel very crowded. Then I went to Diego Garcia and it was even worse. There were more people in our tent city then there are in Garfield County. Besides the fact that Diego is 10 1/2 square miles compared to almost 5000 for Garfield County. I was glad to get back home

20. mont974x4

+1,166
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Mom's side of the family homesteaded in Moorcroft so I always pass through there. I do have family in the Rapid CIty area too. I like Spearfish. It's beautiful area.

My sister was born in Belle Fouche.

I was at Ft Bragg in the mid-90's and having more people in that area than the are in the state of MT was way too much. When I was stationed in Germany we lived on a post that made Belt look big. That was nice, except that was where my wife was stationed and I drove 1 1/2 hours to get to the post where I worked everyday...except for deployments.

All that said, I am glad to be home too.

Ft Benton is neat little town that I always enjoy visiting. Craig is a great area too. We are starting a non-profit to build a campground for the handicap and want to host other ministries that take disabled people of all ages out to hunt and fish.

We'll see how God brings the pieces together.