Aelialicinia

May 21, 2016
US
✟15,927.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I believe if he wins, the Republican party will not seat him since they cannot afford to have another bully in office.
Far better is a productive "bully" that gets things done and reforms pushed through than a passive agressive sneaky snake like that reporter.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It's about time somebody kicked the snowflake reporter out of his office. I read he was pestering and threatening... good for Gianforte!
Gianforte was charged with assault last night, based perhaps on the testimony of the Fox news team who witnessed the altercation and stated that the reporter did not act aggressively and that Gianforte grabbed him around the neck, threw him down, and punched him.

• Agree
Reactions: dannheim
Upvote 0

Aelialicinia

May 21, 2016
US
✟15,927.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Gianforte was charged with assault last night, based perhaps on the testimony of the Fox news team who witnessed the altercation and stated that the reporter did not act aggressively and that Gianforte grabbed him around the neck, threw him down, and punched him.
Of course the snowflake charged him as that was his plan all along LOL

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course the snowflake charged him as that was his plan all along LOL
I'm sorry I don't have any appropriate reply, just a bit of sadness reading this point of view.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

No excuse for that kind of physical assault.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This sounds like: "Let's see if I can make him mad and take a swing. So I can cause some controversy and hurt his election chances and get some publicity for me too.....all at one time. "
Could be the start of a trend.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
This sounds like: "Let's see if I can make him mad and take a swing. So I can cause some controversy and hurt his election chances and get some publicity for me too.....all at one time. "

The recording I listened to does not support your summation.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Hmm. When I listen, it does. Opinion I guess

Slamming someone to the ground is an appropriate response to a reporter asking you questions when you are a politician that put yourself, voluntarily, in the public eye? Let's say you are right and the reporter was pestering him. That's an acceptable response to you?

I also think you might be a bit blinded by bias if you think this was ok. I wouldn't find it ok for a liberal to do this at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Slamming someone to the ground is an appropriate response to a reporter asking you questions when you are a politician that put yourself, voluntarily, in the public eye? Let's say you are right and the reporter was pestering him. That's an acceptable response to you?

I also think you might be a bit blinded by bias if you think this was ok. I wouldn't find it ok for a liberal to do this at all.
I thought about that. If it was a D politician, I'd still think the same about the reporter. My point is I don't trust the press in general. From the recording it's impossible to tell what actually happened. Like I said, opinions.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
That's not what the tape of the incident indicated. Gianforte campaigned that he would not comment on the new health care legislation until he had all the details and CBO report, but in private, wad recorded as supporting it.
Since the CBO report was just released the day before the election, it was a very legitimate question to ask so voters would know what the prospective representative thought.
That's what happened before the assault, the reporter simply asking if Gianforte had a comment on the CBO or the healthcare legislation. If a question like that makes Gianforte mad enough to grab a guy by the neck, throw him down and start punching, I think maybe he's looking at the wrong profession.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I thought about that. If it was a D politician, I'd still think the same about the reporter. My point is I don't trust the press in general. From the recording it's impossible to tell what actually happened. Like I said, opinions.

It isn't about the press. It's about physically assaulting someone when there is no indication of being under any sort of physical threat. Multiple witnesses confirm that the guy was not posing a threat to this politician.

My summation would be: "ME ANGRY! ME SMASH!.... Why me in trouble?"

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The combination of the recording and the three eyewitness accounts from the Fox News team was enough evidence for the sheriff (even though he was a Gianforte donor).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Here's the transcript. We don't hear the beginning of the conversation, but both parties are initially calm, suggesting that nothing inflammatory has been said yet.

Jacobs: "...the CBO score because, you know, you were waiting to make your decision about healthcare until you saw the bill, and it just came out..."

Gianforte: (cutting him off) "We'll talk to you about that later."

Jacobs: "Yeah, but there's not going to be time. Just curious [unintelligible]..."

Gianforte: (cutting him off) "Speak with Shane please."

Jacobs: "But you..."[unintelligible; sounds of a scuffle]

Gianforte: "I'm sick and tired of you guys! The last time you came in here, you did the same thing! Get the hell out of here! Get the hell out of here! The last time you did the same thing! Are you with the Guardian?"

Jacobs: "Yes, and you just broke my glasses."

Gianforte: "The last guy did the same damn thing."

Jacobs: "You just body slammed me and broke my glasses."

Gianforte: "Get the hell out of here."

Jacobs: "You'd like me to get the hell out of here, and I'd also like to call the police."

[end of recording]

What problem exactly do you have with the reporter's questions? They're valid - the candidate had said he would decide after the CBO score was released, and healthcare is an important issue for the election. It's the day before the election (when this happened), so saying "later" isn't going to do voters any good. Perhaps he hadn't had a chance to review the score and come up with a statement yet. That's fine. He's an adult - he can use words to express that. "I haven't had a chance to fully review the report yet. I will make a statement in (some reasonable amount of time)." There's no need at all to resort to violence. No threats were made, no violence was perpetrated on the candidate according to both the victim of the assault and the witnesses. Was he being mildly annoying? Yes. It's his job to inform his readers, even if that requires being a little annoying. However, throwing someone to the ground and punching them is not an appropriate response to being annoyed. It doesn't matter how stressed out you are. It doesn't matter how fed up with answering questions you are. It's not appropriate or proportional.

Upvote 0

dannheim

Honey Badger
Oct 10, 2014
Rancho Mirage CA
✟23,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Far better is a productive "bully" that gets things done and reforms pushed through than a passive agressive sneaky snake like that reporter.
He is not Michigan congressman faces angry crowd in town hall
the only fascist Republican congressman who feels that he can dictate to the people rather than listen to those who elected him. The people are in charge not him.

HOT MIC MOMENT: Millionaire Republican Rep. Trott & team plan to portray constituents as “un-American” after townhall (UPDATED x4) | Eclectablog

In the words of Teddy Roosevelt bully bully bully

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
So we have out special election tomorrow to elect our lone house member, Rob Quist (D) a well known musician, vs Greg Gianforte (R), a YEC and founder of a start up tech company that he sold to Oracle. Despite being a red state, Gianforte lost to a Democrat in thr Governors race in November.
It looks like the stress of campaigning got to him on election eve, he just body slammed a reporter for the Guardian who asked him about the CBO score of rhe new health care proposal, and the police are giving a press conference now.
Wowza...we're in the global spotlight! I voted early, but no regrets, I supported Quist anyway.

He was probably paid by the opposition to throw the election.

Upvote 0