Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So we have out special election tomorrow to elect our lone house member, Rob Quist (D) a well known musician, vs Greg Gianforte (R), a YEC and founder of a start up tech company that he sold to Oracle. Despite being a red state, Gianforte lost to a Democrat in thr Governors race in November.
It looks like the stress of campaigning got to him on election eve, he just body slammed a reporter for the Guardian who asked him about the CBO score of rhe new health care proposal, and the police are giving a press conference now.
Wowza...we're in the global spotlight! I voted early, but no regrets, I supported Quist anyway.

Last edited:

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
So we have out special election tomorrow to elect our lone house member, Rob Quist (D) a well known musician, vs Greg Gianforte (R), a YEC and founder of a start up tech company that he sold to Oracle. Despite being a red state, Gianforte lost to a Democrat in thr Governors race in November.
It looks like the stress of campaigning got to him on election eve, he just body slammed a reporter for the Guardian who asked him about the CBO score of rhe new health care proposal, and the police are giving a press conference now.
Wowza...we're in the global spotlight! I voted early, but no regrets, I supported Quist anyway.

I'm guessing this is the most exciting thing that's happened in Montana in...ever?

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Is it different in the USA? - In Australia you are ineligible to run for a member of parliament position if you have a criminal record or criminal charges pending
I'm not sure, but the election is tomorrow, so it might be over before charges could be filed. If he wins, and is charged, I'm not sure what happens. There are calls for him to exit the race too, but that would also be unprecedented.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
He was from Montana? Huh.
Yep, we have a festival in his honor every summer. Lots of his family still live here, in fact his son in law was our last Chief Executive.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Not a slow news night! Greg Gianforte was just charged with assault, and two of the three newspapers that endorsed him rescinded their endorsement. I expect the third to soon do the same. All three newspapers are owned by out of state Lee Enterprises and all gave a very similar endorsement.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
How strange.
Do you think he'll still win?

I hear about Montana a lot, but I guess that's probably mainly down to Hank Green and his Youtube ventures.
That's hard to say, honestly. A lot of people have already voted absentee /early like I did. There are some questions from those who voted for Gianforte about whether or not they could change, but Montana law doesn't permit that.
The race was close, so what happens in today's voting can make a difference. Sadly, there are some Gianforte supporters who are promoting this as a positive, with comments like the reporter had it coming.

• Agree
Reactions: Genersis
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aelialicinia

May 21, 2016
US
✟15,927.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's about time somebody kicked the snowflake reporter out of his office. I read he was pestering and threatening... good for Gianforte!

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's about time somebody kicked the snowflake reporter out of his office. I read he was pestering and threatening... good for Gianforte!
Seriously? The only person claiming that is Gianforte, who has a pretty obvious reason to portray himself as the victim in this situation. The actual audio recording and several witnesses agree with the reporter's account.

And even if the reporter was pestering him, physical assault is hardly a proportional response.

• Agree
Reactions: Mary7
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

From this day forward, Snowflakes is considered a derogatory term that violates the flaming rule. Please do not refer to an individual person or group of people as 'Snowflakes'.

Announcement - Snowflakes

Reactions: RocksInMyHead
Upvote 0