Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because humans are considered expendable....it's all about the money. I'm certain that many nasty toxins on the market are well known to damage or kill people (just like cigarettes were in the 1930's!) , so they will ride it out scooping up the cash until a big judgment, pay it or settle, then off to make billions from the next dangerous toxin. Or, in the case of medications and agriculture, ship it offshore to use it up on poorer nations who won't fight it, all for their "benefit and protection" of course. (Sarcasm).

Sad but true, it's why I think it'd be best to localize politics. It's easier to know what's happening in your town and voice your concerns. Rather a resident of a town of three-hundred thousand or city of three million than three-hundred million. Each person would be nearer to the problems that affect them and would have a bigger voice among the community. Soon as your neighbors start getting poisoned or something, you'll definitely hear about it and want something done sooner than later.

Also think corporations have too much public privilege compared to non-corporate businesses. Another problem is parent companies having oligarchies and monopolies, they can buy their competitors and any products potentially threatening. Then keep the brands under different names as if there's competition, and promising products can be toss aside. I'd like it if corporations were held more liable as other types of businesses, not allowed to control much of the markets, and more support for small/start-up businesses to have competitive markets.

I think the poster means that the population accepts nonsensical and patronizing statements by those in authority "not to worry your pretty little head" about it, and just trust that the "experts" know what they are doing so take or use it and shut up.

They know, all right.

Fairly I think most people know the problems and aren't fooled. It's just they don't have the time to deeply inform themselves to know a problem's severity, or they don't any idea to solve the problem. So they underestimate not involving themselves to get something done, and even if they wanted to do something having an idea it's difficult to get any meaningful changes. What are people suppose to do when the political class hinders their efforts and protects the special interests (also have the police and military on their side)?

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟455,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sad but true, it's why I think it'd be best to localize politics. It's easier to know what's happening in your town and voice your concerns. Rather a resident of a town of three-hundred thousand or city of three million than three-hundred million. Each person would be nearer to the problems that affect them and would have a bigger voice among the community. Soon as your neighbors start getting poisoned or something, you'll definitely hear about it and want something done sooner than later.

Also think corporations have too much public privilege compared to non-corporate businesses. Another problem is parent companies having oligarchies and monopolies, they can buy their competitors and any products potentially threatening. Then keep the brands under different names as if there's competition, and promising products can be toss aside. I'd like it if corporations were held more liable as other types of businesses, not allowed to control much of the markets, and more support for small/start-up businesses to have competitive markets.

Fairly I think most people know the problems and aren't fooled. It's just they don't have the time to deeply inform themselves to know a problem's severity, or they don't any idea to solve the problem. So they underestimate not involving themselves to get something done, and even if they wanted to do something having an idea it's difficult to get any meaningful changes. What are people suppose to do when the political class hinders their efforts and protects the special interests (also have the police and military on their side)?
I agree with everything you said except that most people aren't fooled. I think they are easily fooled, and will do anything anyone tells them is the latest panacea for solving a problem the easy way.

Good example: Type 2 diabetes could be virtually eliminated if we emphasized weight loss (which almost always solves the problem) but instead we emphasize the use of multiple drugs so the current lifestyle can be maintained.

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I need to resurrect this thread, and could use some Christian Advice.

A guy at my prior church was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma. So far it has been all prayer for him--until I realized he's been using Roundup. I discovered lawyers have an open class-action lawsuit open, and are currently looking for people who have been diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma who have been exposed to Roundup.

Should I connect my brother to these lawyers?

Upvote 0