✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UK monkeypox cases rise as infections spread across the US - latest

Monkeypox cases in Britain have almost tripled as further infections continue to be reported in the United States.

The latest set of figures released by the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) on Monday afternoon confirmed that the number of cases in England is up by 36, bringing the total number of monkeypox cases confirmed since May 7 to 56.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
WHO-Monkeypox

The case fatality ratio of monkeypox has historically ranged from 0 to 11 % in the general population and has been higher among young children. In recent times, the case fatality ratio has been around 3-6%.

Some reports indicate this is the milder version with around 1 percent.

3%-11%! :eek: That's worse than COVID! :prayer:

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My response is government reaction to pandemics. Quite relevant. Besides, biden said we should all be concerned about Monkey pox.
Your response was a knee-jerk political comment about something that isn't a pandemic, caused by a virus that is highly unlikely ever to prompt lockdowns however widely it spreads.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The bible quote I used probably should have given it away, but as far as I've seen, the infected have been homosexual men that have had sex with other men. So they believe it's spreading sexually, where normally, it has to be contact with an infected monkey and doesn't spread person to person. So this is a strain that can spread person to person but it appears to be through contact/blood.

This is definitely a different strain then. Lord help us! It seems like all sexually transmitted diseases started with homosexuals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Let's hope it is a yawn in the end. But so far this outbreak is on a different scale.

Yup, and that's what they thought about COVID in the beginning. Trump had said it will be gone in 2 weeks. LOL So everyone should take this seriously. It's already mutated if it's transmitted sexually.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I wish they hadn't stopped giving the small pox vaccines to kids! I never got it. So I am nervous.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

I would be more concerned about my spiritual condition than never-ending threats. There comes a point when we must send fear packing and reclaim the ground it stole.

• Informative
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, but huh? Any strain of monkeypox can be transmitted by sexual contact.

Person to person spread is supposed to be extremely rare. This keeps gaining cases.
so it probably is a new strain. Considering the timing is right on queue with the NTI's monkeypox wargames held in March 2021, the disease starts on the 15th of May 2022, and by December 2023 it infects 3.2 billion people and kills 271 million.
That was their timeline
somehow Monkeypox starts spreading mid may 2022.
coincidence?

• Agree
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but huh? Any strain of monkeypox can be transmitted by sexual contact.

Since it is transmissible by close non-sexual contact it makes sense that it would be by close sexual contact,

However, per quoted experts who dealt with Monkeypox in Africa they had not seen such previously. But then it is also being reported that in this outbreak the lesions in a number of cases are limited to the genital area and perianal area, so perhaps the presentation in other oubtreaks was such that people were not having sex with symptomatic people, if it had the more classic presentation starting on the hands or face.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Person to person spread is supposed to be extremely rare.
I've seen the secondary attack rate (the rate of infection among contacts) estimated at 10%. That's not extremely rare.
This keeps gaining cases
They keep identifying cases. Since they're looking hard and since the incubation period is rather long, that doesn't tell you much about how rapidly the virus is spreading.
so it probably is a new strain
Genetically, it's similar enough to existing strains that that's unlikely. At this point, I see no reason to think that a new, more transmissible strain is involved. Caution is warranted, of course.
Considering the timing is right on queue with the NTI's monkeypox wargames held in March 2021, the disease starts on the 15th of May 2022, and by December 2023 it infects 3.2 billion people and kills 271 million.
That was their timeline
somehow Monkeypox starts spreading mid may 2022.
coincidence?
Yes, coincidence, coupled with ascertainment bias. Nobody notices all of the simulations and discussions of possible pandemics that haven't been followed by outbreaks.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0