✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is a weird one.
My PC suddenly stopped working. It did its post test etc but nothing appearred on screen, just back with cursor flashing in top left corner.
Got it checked out, no problem found. Brought it home identical problem.
Swapped monitors and it works on my daughters PC's monitor but not on mine!

Any ideas?

I've checked the cables no bent pins, everything seated, it just won't transmit info to this screen.

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is a weird one.
My PC suddenly stopped working. It did its post test etc but nothing appearred on screen, just back with cursor flashing in top left corner.
Got it checked out, no problem found. Brought it home identical problem.
Swapped monitors and it works on my daughters PC's monitor but not on mine!

Any ideas?

I've checked the cables no bent pins, everything seated, it just won't transmit info to this screen.

Sounds like driver problem, assuming daughters monitor works on your tower as your monitor works on hers. However, first see if it is in vga mode. If so , its a driver update problem. Look on monitor get name and number (this is in assumption you and daughter have traded monitors ) off of troubled monitor. goto site and download latest driver to the tower that does not operate the monitor. You can not auto update because it will update the monitor attached so you got to manually do it. Fingers crossed!!!

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
try booting on "Safe Mode" (press F8 during boot). If you get to windows desktop, that means a bad video card driver or bad video setting.

If you video card has two video output, take that output to a TV or another monitor, it might show up there and from there, you may try setting video to default.

Upvote 0

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
When you tried your daughter's monitor, do you mean to say you took your computer to her monitor and plugged it in, or you left your computer exactly where it was and brought her monitor to the computer?

If it works in other locations, it's likely something plugged into the computer preventing it from starting - unplug everything except the monitor, keyboard and mouse and see if it works, then start re-adding things.

If you have a printer plugged in through USB, and it has a card reader, my money is on that (sometimes the computer will think the card reader is a bootable device). It could also be trying to boot off an external hard drive or USB stick.

Upvote 0