Money Woes and Bad Habits

Midas

Feb 21, 2015
Pennsylvania
✟8,788.00
Faith
Protestant
Hi all,

Going through some rough times financially and seem to be hitting a frustrating brick wall. To compound matters I have developed some sinful and self destructive bad habits to handle the stress. I’ve been reading Samuel, Kings, and Psalms a lot recently, and am struck by how when David was outlawed, pursued, and afflicted, he doubled down on God. Please pray for safe resolution of these problems, an end to the bad habits, and that I came emerge from this with the faith and strength that David learned from his trials.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi all,

Going through some rough times financially and seem to be hitting a frustrating brick wall. To compound matters I have developed some sinful and self destructive bad habits to handle the stress. I’ve been reading Samuel, Kings, and Psalms a lot recently, and am struck by how when David was outlawed, pursued, and afflicted, he doubled down on God. Please pray for safe resolution of these problems, an end to the bad habits, and that I came emerge from this with the faith and strength that David learned from his trials.

There may be one person in your future 21 years from now
who needs to hear how you endured for 20 years.

Just ask for God to work His will in your life
becasue that is the plan anyway.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, Midas seems to understand his own problem. May You enlighten and motivate him to take the practical steps to encourage himself in You (1 Samuel 30:6), and to say "no" to sin (Titus 2:12), and to walk in the Spirit so as not to fulfil the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16). May he feed his spirit and starve the sinful nature, find the abundant life that You would have for him (John 10:10), guard his heart (Proverbs 4:23), and find victory in You (2 Corinthians 2:14). Amen.

Upvote 0