Florida
✟324,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Can anyone please point me to some good money management books that cover topics such as investing and planning for retirement? Thank you :)

www.investopedia.com is excellent. They cover just about everything. But if you want the long and short of it I can tell you what has worked for me. I'm not giving you financial advice, I'm just saying what has worked for me.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
www.investopedia.com is excellent. They cover just about everything. But if you want the long and short of it I can tell you what has worked for me. I'm not giving you financial advice, I'm just saying what has worked for me.

Thank you, what has worked for you?

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, what has worked for you?

What works the best is if your employer has a 401k plan you should put as much as possible into it. Think of it as a tax. You pay it first and learn to live with it. Your employer matches a percentage of what you pay into it and it's free money. Over time it adds up to a lot. But it takes time. I personally have all of my 401k in a large cap growth fund. It is a basket of shares in large companies like Microsoft and Apple.

Upvote 0

lastofall

Aug 6, 2016
Germany
✟30,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can anyone please point me to some good money management books that cover topics such as investing and planning for retirement?
[for anyway] the only book needed is the Holy Bible, teaching us such things as not to trust in uncertain riches; to be ready to distribute, willing to communicate; to be not high-minded; and not to desire to be rich, knowing that it will just cause us to fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lust which will drown us in destruction and perdition.
As for looking for the future in this world, we should not take thought for tomorrow; but let tomorrow take thought for the things of itself; and let today's own troubles be sufficient for today: trusting in the Words of the Lord Jesus Christ, telling us to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and what we need will be added to us.
It is a matter of whom we do sincerely trust.

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can anyone please point me to some good money management books that cover topics such as investing and planning for retirement? Thank you :)

Following because I too want to improve how I steward finances and what the Lord has blessed me with.. definitely an area I could improve in.

'He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.'

(Luke 16:10)

Upvote 0

Vap841

Jun 5, 2021
East Coast
✟39,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Just follow me around for awhile, take notes…and then do the exact opposite.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm leaning towards buying these two books:

This is the most recent one, not yet released.... Maybe if I wait until the summer I can get a used copy for a little less money? Or is it worth it to invest in a brand new copy now?

https://www.amazon.com/Investing-Du...d8553&pd_rd_wg=Wtrqp&pd_rd_i=1119873037&psc=1

This is the one published a few years ago. Since things are changing so quickly with cryptocurrency and the trend towards digital currency, I think the newest copy might be the best idea.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1119376629/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I'm leaning towards buying these two books:

This is the most recent one, not yet released.... Maybe if I wait until the summer I can get a used copy for a little less money? Or is it worth it to invest in a brand new copy now?

https://www.amazon.com/Investing-Du...d8553&pd_rd_wg=Wtrqp&pd_rd_i=1119873037&psc=1

This is the one published a few years ago. Since things are changing so quickly with cryptocurrency and the trend towards digital currency, I think the newest copy might be the best idea.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1119376629/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
I didn't read the 8-in-1 or the 9-in-1, but I did read Investing for Dummies and I found it helpful. I'd already had an understanding of budgeting which it touches on, so I would supplement it with a Christian book or course on budgeting if you're not strong in that area.

Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums