Monastery Icons = no more. They have adopted the Hindu ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here is their new website ....

http://www.atmajyoti.org/ashram.asp

and they are located at the same site as the former Monastery Icons.

1482 Rango Way
Borrego Springs, CA 92004

I only printed this so that you can see where heresy leads. This group has been parading around for years as an Orthodox Monastic group, but they are far from Christianity.

Father Anthony says that if you want to get rid of their icons, it is best to burn them and scatter the ashes under a bush where no one will trod.

K

KATHXOYMENOC

Here is their new website ....

http://www.atmajyoti.org/ashram.asp

and they are located at the same site as the former Monastery Icons.

1482 Rango Way
Borrego Springs, CA 92004

I only printed this so that you can see where heresy leads. This group has been parading around for years as an Orthodox Monastic group, but they are far from Christianity.

Father Anthony says that if you want to get rid of their icons, it is best to burn them and scatter the ashes under a bush where no one will trod.

I see what you mean. This is from their Christianity page:

Christianity

Sages in India discovered that a Great Soul was about to be born in what for them was the West–in the land of Israel. Journeying there, they found the Child Jesus and paid him homage, returning to India after establishing ties of communication with him. After some years, having proven that the Essene teachers had nothing they could teach him, the young Jesus travelled to India and lived with those Masters. When his age had more than doubled, he returned to Israel to teach the wisdom he had gained both inwardly and outwardly. The response to his teaching was threefold: indifference, miscomprehension, and hostility. After three years the political and religious authorities conspired to kill him and he was sentenced to death. Consciously leaving his crucified body, in two days he returned to it and appeared alive before many hundreds before departing for India, the home of his spirit. His teachings lived on and, like those of Buddha in the East, came to dominate the West and from there have also spread through the world. Usually presented in a garbled form and misunderstood interpretation, they yet remain a monument to the triumph of spirit over matter and life over death.​
To discover more about Christ and Christianity seen from a unique perspective, read the following articles:​
• The Christ of India – Jesus lived most of his life in India before becoming a missionary-martyr of Eternal Truth (Sanatana Dharma) in the West. This booklet presents the full story, including the historical texts about His life in India, and the inevitable conclusions that must be drawn about The Real Jesus and His Real Teachings. – by Swami Nirmalananda
• May a Christian Believe in Reincarnation? – Yes! That is the answer given in the Bible and the writings of Christian and Jewish theologians–many of them ancient authorities–as well as saints. The facts can be denied, but they can’t be changed. – by Swami Nirmalananda
• Original Christian Insights into Reincarnation – by Swami Nirmalananda
• The Unknown Life of Jesus Christ –By Nicholas Notovich. The English translation of Notovich’s French translation of a Tibetan-language manuscript regarding the life of Jesus in India, which he found in a monastery of Ladakh where Jesus had actually lived.​
• Christian Vegetarianism – by Swami Nirmalananda
• The Four Soul Killers – The story of Adam and Eve demonstrates the intimate relationship between diet and consciousness. This booklet considers the four general categories of substances which cloud, darken, and even destroy consciousness. – by Swami Nirmalananda
• I Believe–The Faith of a Gnostic Christian – An esoteric exposition of the Nicene Creed. – by Swami Nirmalananda
• Christian Metaphysics – by Swami Nirmalananda

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
http://www.monasteryicons.com/

About Monastery Icons

Sacred Arts Foundation is pleased to announce its acquisition of the Monastery Icons collection of sacred artedited a unique, modern testimony to the timeless ancient, classical tradition of Christian iconography. These "Windows Into Heaven" with their bright, rich colors and English text are treasured in thousands of churches, schools and homes throughout North America.

Our broad selection of sacred and liturgical arts includes holy gifts for every occasion, church banners, sacred art to commemorate your special events, and Monastery Incense, the most popular liturgical incense in America. This unique incense formula was created as an alternative to the mediocre incense that has been at the heart of so many parishes' "incense problem." And we are glad to say that according to our customers, Monastery Incense has solved the problem!

Sacred Arts Foundation is a non-profit foundation created to strengthen faith and encourage Christian devotion in churches, schools, and individuals through a ministry of traditional Christian art. As the contemporary iconographer Photios Kontoglou expressed so well, "Icons raise the soul and mind to the realm of the spirit."

We thank you for offering us the opportunity to share with you the inspiring beauty of sacred icons, and through our art and incense to contribute to the spiritual life of your parish and home.​

Strange - when I copied this directly from their website, I got a [wash my mouth] single edit, so I had to do a quick edit .... is there something obscene there that the censor picked up? Strange.

Who is this Sacred Arts Foundation?

Dear Mods:

What word would generate a single [wash my mouth] edit by the filter? I was under the impression that each letter of the censored word generated a [wash my mouth].

Upvote 0

Akathist

Theology Team
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2004
USA
✟70,418.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Interesting, they have changed their address on their website now to this : Monastery Icons
P.O. Box 1429
West Chester, OH 45071-1429
Orders: (800) 729-4952
Fax: (800) 969-1251

However, there is plenty of records of how their address in Borrego Springs, CA is the same as the ashram.

I wonder if they think they will get more icon orders if they change addresses? Or if they have branched out?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OnTheWay

Nov 21, 2005
✟6,746.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't get the reference...

Hindus will not eat cows, something to do with their beliefs on reincarnation. Anyway, if you go to India you'll see people that are literally starving to death while herds of cows roam about around them. They also refuse to kill rats because it's bad luck so you can imagine the problems that causes.

Upvote 0

Akathist

Theology Team
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2004
USA
✟70,418.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hindus will not eat cows, something to do with their beliefs on reincarnation. Anyway, if you go to India you'll see people that are literally starving to death while herds of cows roam about around them. They also refuse to kill rats because it's bad luck so you can imagine the problems that causes.

imo, it is bad luck to NOT kill rats.

Anyway, back on topic, they have an office in MO, in OH and in CA.

I think they are trying to branch out but I could be wrong. The thing is that we need to be extra careful where we get our icons from.

I buy from the selection my Priest keeps in our little book store or at the local monestary. Except for ordering from one of the cateloges my Priest has available. That way I know the source is ok.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,092.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How interesting ... more computer searches generated this document showing that the Sacred Arts Foundation is apparently owned by the owner of the Ashram in California.

http://www.sos.mo.gov./imaging/13302579.pdf

Odd. It was my understanding that the Sacred Arts Foundation was run by Catholics. Perhaps they are as 'Catholic' as Monastery Icons were 'Orthodox'?

John

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Odd. It was my understanding that the Sacred Arts Foundation was run by Catholics. Perhaps they are as 'Catholic' as Monastery Icons were 'Orthodox'?

John

Where did you get the idea that the Sacred Arts Foundation was run by Catholics?

Honestly, this whole setup smells.

They appear to be misleading Catholics and Orthodox Christians.

Upvote 0

Akathist

Theology Team
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2004
USA
✟70,418.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

John

Where did you get the idea that the Sacred Arts Foundation was run by Catholics?

Honestly, this whole setup smells.

They appear to be misleading Catholics and Orthodox Christians.

I found an article written in Denver that a catholic "Sacred arts foundation" was touring with a collection of sacred art. I don't think the two are related to each other though.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,092.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That was what I found when I searched back when they first bought out "Monastery Icons". I can't find any posts I made here or on Catholic Answers regarding this though but I did discuss it briefly with Irish Melkite over on CA at the time. They definitely claimed to be Catholics.

John

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.