Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The web host has suspended the sites web hosting. Could be for various reasons. It's not a specific IP block your looking at but the site being told it's not allowed to be hosted there basically.

Ahh.... So they didn't have the sense to ban me.......yet!

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Breaking Babylon

Who is this King of glory?
Site Supporter
Jan 1, 2006
West Virginia
✟58,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Man, I really should get my Orthodox hosting service up and running but then I'd be competing with one that already exists.
:thumbsup:

There is nothing wrong with a little variety. Before I decided several years ago to build Desert Calling, I did have a little nagging on my conscience whether or not it would 'compete' with other Orthodox Christian websites. However, in the end, it occured to me that there is no competition, when it comes right down to it. The 'net needs as much Orthodoxy as it can get.

Maybe you could offer hosting packages that are more geared towards individuals vs. commercial packages, or vice versa. I don't know anything about the other Orthodox hosting service so I don't know exactly what you could do with yours to set it apart, but give it some thought. I wish you the best.

Maybe you and I can work something out when I decide to resurrect DC.com. :)

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Rob, I got the same response. Maybe Fr. forgot to make the payment. Being a priest in both the UK and the US would keep him awfully busy, so I guess he could have forgotten to make a payment. Hopefully, it will be back up soon!

• Agree
Reactions: rakovsky
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blackknight

Servant of God
Jan 21, 2009
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟10,999.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
:thumbsup:
Maybe you could offer hosting packages that are more geared towards individuals vs. commercial packages, or vice versa. I don't know anything about the other Orthodox hosting service so I don't know exactly what you could do with yours to set it apart, but give it some thought. I wish you the best.

Maybe you and I can work something out when I decide to resurrect DC.com. :)

Well, I'm not sure if I want to limit it to just Orthodox sites, would be nice to target a wider market. I've been working in the hosting business for 10 years now but I'm starting to see that I'll never get a bigger slice of the pie until I start making my own. Let me know if you need anything though.

Upvote 0

rakovsky

Apr 8, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟67,675.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Rob, I got the same response. Maybe Fr. forgot to make the payment. Being a priest in both the UK and the US would keep him awfully busy, so I guess he could have forgotten to make a payment. Hopefully, it will be back up soon!
Unfortunately, Monachos is down again, Katherine. Who is Father who runs it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.