Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
awwww. I can't wait to see what Lorena gets into when she gets older. We don't do cable or anything though. I'm unsure about what rules and boundaries I should set for electronics and things. Bobby and I think about it, but I think it is more something we will have to decide when we see what she is into when older. :) we have awhile

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,504,235.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
She loved kinder. (That photo was taken at kinder).

I've found, lily, that waiting to see what she was into hasn't worked that well for us... because it means we let something become a problem, then have to decide to wind it back. Rather than deciding to limit it in the first place. And it's harder to break a habit than to decide not to let it form.

If I were starting again now, I'd handle things like the iPad very differently; but now that we have bad habits, it's very hard to break them. (Not least because hubby's not always that helpful in that regard!)

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
true... I am always on my phone. lol. very hard to set limits. That is something big to think about. I am not sure these days if I would want to even get a tablet or ipad. Now though you have to have them for school.

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟697,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our day was pretty good, but baby was in a mood. He spiked another fever in the night, was happy all morning, and then did not nap all day. He was happy and laughing unless I was in the process of putting him to sleep so we had a rough couple hours. I can’t believe he is 9 months old!!!

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our day was pretty good, but baby was in a mood. He spiked another fever in the night, was happy all morning, and then did not nap all day. He was happy and laughing unless I was in the process of putting him to sleep so we had a rough couple hours. I can’t believe he is 9 months old!!!

awww 9 months? Your son isn't too much older then Lorena. Poor thing. I hope he gets better soon. And strength for you momma. Lorena had RSV a couple months back and still has a lingering cough. No fevers yet though. Do you have any other kids?

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My son really likes Sesame Street, so I let him watch one episode every day. It's educational and he actually learns a lot from it. I think some screen time in moderation is okay and can be a useful learning tool.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, sure! It's when it's not in moderation, and enforcing moderation becomes stressful for everyone, that it becomes a problem.

that sounds tough ^ , adding to stress
we don't have cable which helps a lot as there's not much choice i.e. kid's shows on antennae tv, lol

we set rule, no viewing daddy's iPad or use of his computer except for weekend and our child doesn't have own devices
(and no plans to get any, either unless req. by school)

I have caught husband/ kid viewing YouTube stuff during wk and remind them of rule
(bad mama) although it's only cooking shows, craft stuff but a rule's, a rule

want her playing and being a kid

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,504,235.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is the thing; it's got to the point now where the iPad is the first thing Zoe wants in the morning, and we have to prise it out of her hands to get her to eat breakfast or get dressed. Just for starters!

It's a very useful tool, but setting and maintaining boundaries I find impossible because husband just doesn't want to; too much work for him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
find impossible because husband just doesn't want to; too much work for him!

your husband finds it helpful just like my husband does
I say to him "don't want her to end up wearing glasses"

apparently, if one does too much close up work, it can lead to wearing glasses
there was some study that showed kids who played outside more (not using that close up vision) less likely to need glasses

so that's my trump card

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
✟697,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
awww 9 months? Your son isn't too much older then Lorena. Poor thing. I hope he gets better soon. And strength for you momma. Lorena had RSV a couple months back and still has a lingering cough. No fevers yet though. Do you have any other kids?

No, he is our first. He is super happy this morning, so he seems to be feeling much better. Right now he is chewing on my knee so I should probably change his diaper and nurse him.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hi all. So happy it is spring. The weather in Imdiana is finally warming up. It has really done me good. My husband, me, and my daughter took a nice walk outside today

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I also drove my car with my phone/wallet on top of my vehicle. I searched everywhere thinking I left it at a place I was eating. lol. A good samaritan turned my phone crushed into smitherines into the police station. But my license, ss card, and other cards were there. It fell off on the free way. Then we went back where the lady found it and I found my daughters birth certificate. I couldnt find her ss card though. I feel so bad I forgot to take it out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi all. So happy it is spring. The weather in Imdiana is finally warming up. It has really done me good. My husband, me, and my daughter took a nice walk outside today

fantastic
guy on radio station said the month of May has been perfect so far
I laughed, remembering the snow days we had in April but he was right, May 1.... Beautiful

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
✟697,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's definitely warming up here. In October, I put all of my son's shorts in a box to store it because I knew he would be 9 months when the weather warmed up, but I had to dig them out again because he is still wearing size 3 month/ 3-6 month clothes and doesn't fit the ones I expected him to be into!

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
✟697,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have a check up tomorrow. Hopefully his growth is back on track. I’m going to ask about weaning too because like it or not, he is outgrowing nursing. He has started standing up while nursing and playing with the nipple instead of sucking. I’m not ready to let go of it but he seems to be phasing it out.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Awww. That must be hard. I'm shooting for a year, but it doesn't always happen... You could pump and still give him milk to drink if you are concerned about nutrition.

Upvote 0