united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just found out this morning she had died.

I'm going crazy/insane with stress overflowing

Need prayer and scripture

songs and videos

to cope

Please send me something good here...

I also need help on what to do with the body.

Do I get a death certificate? who gets it?

As her child I am responsible for making the decision to cremate or bury, I wanted cremation and to scatter her ashes, but they are saying I cant cross state lines to scatter her ashes.

I'm told by her pastor that I cant do that.

I'm trying to move her ashes if cremation is done to my state which is not hers.

I have only a few days to claim the body or do something with it....

Her brothers and sisters want to take her to their state, and give her a burial, and bury her near other family.

but my mom didn't want anything to do with them and cut them off. she hated them and wanted nothing to do with them.

she told me that and they all told me that as well.

I have a headache from being on the phone for intense hours of discussion, and very sore eyes from crying.

going to all go down again and again as it seems I loved my mother and was closest to her, so now, I'm like the person running a three ring circus and juggling multiple numbers of relatives.

and trying to organize this intense very emotional group of people through this experience.

while trying to figure out traveling to get her and her stuff and what to do and how to do it afterwards.

pray for me, lead me guide me, sing to me, love me

A-Different-Script-for-Grief-453104097-750x485.jpg

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

songs and videos

to cope

As her child I am responsible for making the decision to cremate or bury, I wanted cremation and to scatter her ashes, but they are saying I cant cross state lines to scatter her ashes.

I'm trying to move her ashes if cremation is done to my state which is not hers.

Her brothers and sisters want to take her to their state, and give her a burial, and bury her near other family.

but my mom didn't want anything to do with them and cut them off. she hated them and wanted nothing to do with them.

I have a headache from being on the phone for intense hours of discussion, and very sore eyes from crying.

going to all go down again and again as it seems I loved my mother and was closest to her, so now, I'm like the person running a three ring circus and juggling multiple numbers of relatives.

and trying to organize this intense very emotional group of people through this experience.

while trying to figure out traveling to get her and her stuff and what to do and how to do it afterwards.

View attachment 243743

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Kat my deepest sympathies on the passing of your mom. May Almighty God bring His Grace and Peace to you and family. To comfort you and family during this time of mourning.

singing it now thank you

wow. very regal and noble sounding with the bagpipes!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hopefully, your mom left a will putting you in charge of her affairs and arrangements.
If not, you may have to wrangle with the other relatives in front of a judge.

If she left such a will, you need to file it with the court in your county, or the county where she died. Then you will be her "executor", who has authority to make decisions.

If she left no such will, you can file with the local court to become her "administrator", but the relatives may do the same. The court will figure it out and appoint an administrator.

You need a lawyer, maybe from Legal Aid if money is an issue.
You should ask them, or a local funeral home, about the cremation laws in your state, and do the same in her state.
I wouldn't take the pastor's word for legality, for several reasons.
There shouldn't be a legal problem with having her cremated in her state and shipping the ashes wherever you like.

A death certificate will be filed by whoever has her body (coroner, etc.) in the county where she died. Generally, any relative can obtain copies of it for a small fee. You will need several copies.

That's all the advice I can give you right now.

Praying for you...

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Kat my prayers to you and can only say what I did when my beloved mother passed to heaven two years ago. Whenever I felt bereft at not having her with me, I asked myself "can I wish her back here or be at peace and happy for her that she is now home with our Lord". Much as I miss her every day I could never want her back with me and can gain strength that when we see one another again in heaven, it will be forever. I pray that through this sad time that you can have this joy in your heart also. This truly is the joy of the Lord: no matter what happens or goes on around you, remember you are precious to Him and He will never leave or forsake you.
The practical advice you have been given is good. I also had to arrange everything for my mother. I would encourage you to stick to what your mother herself wanted. I had some bad times regarding that, God saw me through it and Mum's wishes were all carried out eventually. It is so sad that people come " out of the woodwork" when someone dies. It happens all the time but remember "if God is for us who can be against us?"

May He bless you and keep you in the very palm of His hand, dear one and one day He will wipe ALL the tears from our eyes.:groupray:

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

songs and videos

to cope

View attachment 243743
My prayers for you and your family, and my condolences.
I think that @Darkhorse gave you sound advice.

I know that when I lost my father a few months ago, I found it very difficult to think or function, and was in a dark place for some time. I found prayer helpful, and talking things out with those close to me. But it still hurts. Grief is real, the loss is real, and I feel for you.

You are in my prayers.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

I am terribly sorry to hear of this and my heart goes out to you. Funeral directors are very good at handling most of the technicalities for the grieving relatives who naturally have no familiarity with all the technicalities. Do not feel that you cannot ask them, or work with them, or that they are not experts at this stuff. The funeral home on its own normally advises the Social Security of the death, for example.

However, having other relatives in other states makes the job doubly complicated and Darkhorse is right that this calls for legal advice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,153.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am so very sorry for the loss of the mother and the pain and stress you are experiencing. I hope you pig out on sleep, if you can sleep. (Melatonin can work wonders as can lavender essential oil before bed under the nose, but I pray you get whatever is best for you particularly.)

I pray you get strength, guidance, help and peace. Take care of yourself. Eat fresh citrus fruits and fresh veggies. They will help you be healthy through this, along with maybe some multi vitamins.
I pray holy angels surround you and uphold you and guide you.

I pray for your peace and healing. You will get through this.

Upvote 0

kbee125

Dec 6, 2012
✟17,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm so sorry for you loss. How are you doing? Praying for you <3

Here's are some songs I think you should really listen to right now:

Psalm 71:20-21
Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0