• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Mom is forcing me and my brothers to get vaccinated

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good mom, Macchiato! Listen to her and all the physicians and health clinicians and GET the shots. My wife and I have had the two needed shots and are doing will in our old age. Listening to all the so-called 'know it all' people who imagine things and a conspiracy by government, is plain crazy talk; beside resistance to the vaccinations helps keep the virus spreading all over the world (would you like that?). You should listen to authorities (as God tells us to in His "Word of Truth") --I could speak further on that if you wanted to write me privately at Conversation page.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
One thing to remember is the Commandment, "Honour your father and mother". Perhaps your mother has more wisdom about these things than you. It may not be pleasant for your self-will to be challenged with following your mother's insistence to protect yourself against a deadly virus. But if we are to accept the authority of the Bible, then honouring your mother against your own wishes may be God's standard for you.

Would you worship an idol instead of God? Would you commit adultery? Do you think that it crucial to love God will all your heart and strength? Then if you put vital importance on following these Commandments, which show the fruits of repentance in you, then honouring your mother is at the same level. You can't choose which ones to obey and which ones to refuse. Either you keep them all or none of them.

So, do you really love Christ? Then you will follow Him and allow the Word of God to guide your actions and not what you think it is best for yourself.
With respect, your answer presumes that the mother in this case is honoring God in her choices, and further assumes that the father in this situation was also doing the same.
But if those assumptions turn out to be wrong, then like a set of dominoes, "all will fall down".
That is why God gave us a brain, that we might seek Him first in all things, and see what His will is.
"When I was a child, I thought like a child, and spoke like a child. But when I became a man, I gave up childish things."
If God wills it, some day that young man will become a husband and have the care and responsibility of leading a family in God's way.
Your response assumes that the young man's father has already learned God's will, and is leading his family in that Godly way.
But if he has not, and is leading them in another way, then it becomes incumbent upon the young man to follow guidance from God first.
Take the case of Jesus and the teachers, for example.
When Jesus went up to Jerusalem with his parents, He stayed with them, but He did not return with them to Bethlehem.
Why? Because, having learned from His Heavenly Father, Jesus was instructing His teachers in the Temple.
Now it is quite possible that He could have been disciplined under the rule that you set forth earlier, but instead His Earthly parents recognized the same wisdom that His teachers did. And so instead of disciplining Jesus for not obeying them and returning to going back home when His Earthly parents did, they marveled at His unexpected wisdom, which was given to Him by God, His heavenly Father, and the Father of us all.
So in that case, following His Heavenly Father was the right choice for Jesus to make.
May God be always with you!

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It is love and maybe someday you will see that. Unfortunately you believed so many lies you now become anti-vax which is sad. If your living under her roof it's her rules (honor your father and your mother is what the Lord wants). You see you really don't know how deadly this is and that many hospitals are full and to get real sick like have a heart attack, stroke, car accident may mean that you or someone you love will not be admitted to the hospital.

Sure you may think this is nothing and overblown but people with this are filling up hospitals at an alarming rate and now with delta young people are dying not old anymore. This whole thing was to make sure our hospitals were not strained but guess what - they are strained to capacity because people were hard headed and selfish.

I don't know maybe if people started thinking about others more instead of themselves then there would not be this anti vax ting going around. Personally I think this whole anti vax thing that has a death grip on society is from Satan
No, it's just the opposite. The virus was invented to kill as many of God's creation as possible.
The vac was invented to mark those who received it.

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, it's just the opposite. The virus was invented to kill as many of God's creation as possible.
The vac was invented to mark those who received it.
That is conspiracy nonsense and that kind of drivel can get people killed.

• Agree
Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So my mom who used to be against the vaccine got it after my dad was constantly in her ear with paranoia that and her job is requiring it so i think that got to her.

Now im still on the fence about it and dont feel comfortable with it. Im definitely willing to move despite starting from scratch again.

I just hate being cornered and tools to leave being taken from me. Im applying to more jobs now. Please keep me in your prayers.
My parents finally gave up and stopped forcing me because my heart is against it and i am following my heart and i have a strong relationship with God who assured me that he is with me. I have been around people who contracted covid19 but i never got sick. It is not right for them to force you unless your government is forcing you to take it. My advise to you is to follow your heart.
May God be with You

Upvote 0

Vieste

Jul 9, 2016
St Petersburg fl
✟32,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Once again, a legitimate concern is posted and far too many take off with it and insert their ultra-subjective biases. I thought there were debate places to do that - the ones I stay clear of - and that this one was supposed to be helpful, insightful and encouraging. Interject political, societal, religious, etc. all you want - bit do it where it's welcomed.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
With respect, your answer presumes that the mother in this case is honoring God in her choices, and further assumes that the father in this situation was also doing the same.
But if those assumptions turn out to be wrong, then like a set of dominoes, "all will fall down".
That is why God gave us a brain, that we might seek Him first in all things, and see what His will is.
"When I was a child, I thought like a child, and spoke like a child. But when I became a man, I gave up childish things."
If God wills it, some day that young man will become a husband and have the care and responsibility of leading a family in God's way.
Your response assumes that the young man's father has already learned God's will, and is leading his family in that Godly way.
But if he has not, and is leading them in another way, then it becomes incumbent upon the young man to follow guidance from God first.
Take the case of Jesus and the teachers, for example.
When Jesus went up to Jerusalem with his parents, He stayed with them, but He did not return with them to Bethlehem.
Why? Because, having learned from His Heavenly Father, Jesus was instructing His teachers in the Temple.
Now it is quite possible that He could have been disciplined under the rule that you set forth earlier, but instead His Earthly parents recognized the same wisdom that His teachers did. And so instead of disciplining Jesus for not obeying them and returning to going back home when His Earthly parents did, they marveled at His unexpected wisdom, which was given to Him by God, His heavenly Father, and the Father of us all.
So in that case, following His Heavenly Father was the right choice for Jesus to make.
May God be always with you!
All I am doing is following what the Bible says. Using your logic, it means that now I am grown up I can go and commit adultery, lie, steal and blaspheme, because I am no longer a child and can live my own life and do what I please.

The trouble is the notion of relativism - that what may be true for you may not be true for me - that there is no objective truth. Relativism says that I must honour my parents in one situation, but not in another. The Commandment doesn't recognise relativism. It says "Honour your father and mother", period. It does not add, "when you feel like it", or "when you have grown up". If the other Commandments don't include a voluntary clause, then why is this one treated as voluntary?

I think that the anti-vax notion has nothing to do with God at all. It comes out of lies and false news about the dangers of vaccination. So if being vaccinated protects from Covid-19 resulting in research based on reliable results, then that is closer to the truth than the lies and false news that being vaccinated puts one in danger. So there is a concern when an act of dishonouring a parent is based on a lie.

• Winner
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0