• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Mom is forcing me and my brothers to get vaccinated

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So my mom who used to be against the vaccine got it after my dad was constantly in her ear with paranoia that and her job is requiring it so i think that got to her.

Now im still on the fence about it and dont feel comfortable with it. Im definitely willing to move despite starting from scratch again.

I just hate being cornered and tools to leave being taken from me. Im applying to more jobs now. Please keep me in your prayers.

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hopefully, sometime in October, Novavax vaccine will be available which doesn't have the mRNA tech.
This may be a safer product for people than is presently available.

And maybe not. What are your credentials?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So my mom who used to be against the vaccine got it after my dad was constantly in her ear with paranoia that and her job is requiring it so i think that got to her.

Now im still on the fence about it and dont feel comfortable with it. Im definitely willing to move despite starting from scratch again.

I just hate being cornered and tools to leave being taken from me. Im applying to more jobs now. Please keep me in your prayers.
No one likes to be forced.

At the same time, don't let that perception keep you from acting in your own best interests. The Delta variant is more dangerous to young people as well as older folk and it is spreading around the country. The vaccines are far less dangerous than the virus itself.

Good news! The FDA has approved one of the vaccines - the Pfizer one: FDA Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The FDA had to approve the vaccine after allowing tens of thousands to be jabbed with it. Can you imagine the uproar if they had not approved it? It's a political stunt.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The FDA had to approve the vaccine after allowing tens of thousands to be jabbed with it. Can you imagine the uproar if they had not approved it? It's a political stunt.

Truth. Yet many cannot connect even those dots.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Truth. Yet many cannot connect even those dots.
I see whats going on and I don't like it at all. The main reason Im hesitant. Also I see a bit of debating I just ask you guys do it respectfully bc I don't want my thread shut down.

Upvote 0

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
This is a hot topic and at first I was NOT going to touch it, but I think I'll drop my thoughts anyway and take any heat I get.
Hi Macchiato. Since I do not know you and your age I'll need to make a few assumptions from your post.
Your mom is making you get the vaccine and yet you are applying for jobs, so I am going to guess a teen below 18?
If that is correct, I think you need to allow your parents to do what they think is best. Of course I am assuming your parents are good and caring people and have done a good job raising their children. There is nothing to stop you from expressing your opinion and fears and thought to you mom and hope she talks it over with you (and your doctor?), but unltimately she IS your mother and raising you and parents will and must make choices and decisions that they believe are correct but are not popular with their children. That happens in every generation and over everything from having to eat the peas to going to school and now getting the vaccine. If you are over 18 BUT living in your parents home, consider they are giving you free room and board and if you do not like something they want you to do, you can always leave.

The idea of the vaccine is do darn polarized these days. Me? I am against getting it*. I do not trust NEW things that have not been properly tested and vetted for a reasonable time. I also believe that people are becoming too freaked over this all. I am not goign to go into more on my thoughts, this is not the place. Now to the asterisk above.... I did get a vaccine, but did not want to. The ONLY reason I did was my mother is in a nursing home in NJ and when they open fully again I will be required to have had it to see her. I did it in order to see my mother before the dementia totally removes her mind. If I did not have to haveit for that I would not have received it. I also refuse to keep the vaccine card with me and I act as though I did not get the vaccine (wear the mask is unvaccined are required to, etc. It is no ones business in my mind if I am or not). ANyway, I would not get the MRNA style at all, so opted for J&J (only other choice at the time).

My thoughts.

What ever you do or decide, good luck and remember, your mother is trying to do what is best for you. :)

Sincerely,
David

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't have credentials, except for having a mind and using it.
Anyone can say that -- and be totally wrong in their opinion.

Again, what is your basis for saying that Novavax may be a safer product for people than is presently available? Are you a physician, a medical reseacher, or ..?

Are there statistics?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You have the double whammy of being obligated to obey your parents scriptutally, so I feel for your confusion, worry, and fear.

If they force you, then there's nothing you can do about it as a child. I would explain why you may like to wait, but honestly, vaccines in the end are neither Christian nor unChristian, neither sinful nor holy.

As an adult I can choose to wait for other vaccines to come to market, to look into the side affects and assess what my health circumstances may be and what is right for me to do, but as a child you have no personal autonomy, all of that research and consideration is your parents purview and responsibility.

It's yours to obey them so long as they aren't commanding you to sin. And vaccines don't by themselves fall into that category. As such, I'd obey my parents, and trust God for the outcome. Even if theirs was a bad decision, you gave to God the respect of your parents He asked of you.

Just make sure you do this with the right heart. For that I will pray for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
No one likes to be forced.

At the same time, don't let that perception keep you from acting in your own best interests. The Delta variant is more dangerous to young people as well as older folk and it is spreading around the country. The vaccines are far less dangerous than the virus itself.

Good news! The FDA has approved one of the vaccines - the Pfizer one: FDA Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine
And with that approval comes the slamming of the door on choice.
Now the government will have the power to round up all those people who have chosen not to be vaccinated, and will be herding them into trucks and rail cars for transportation.
And yes, we have seen all of this before; from the Roman coliseum and packs of hungry lions, to Consecration camps in Germany, to Chinese political reeducation, to the forced marches of Native Americans.
And soon we will see and experience it for ourselves, at the hands of our own government.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone can say that -- and be totally wrong in their opinion.

Again, what is your basis for saying that Novavax may be a safer product for people than is presently available? Are you a physician, a medical reseacher, or ..?

Are there statistics?

1. I haven't made any declarative statements.

Read the link GOD Shines Forth! posted for your reading pleasure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Make up your own mind.

I am strongly against people being forced into this. It is not inherently dangerous for most people, per se, but there are some under-reported side effects, and the spirit of compulsion and fear that’s driving this is weird.

Don’t do something that you don’t want to do. It’s ok to stand up for yourself, and make an informed decision.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If that were true, then wouldn't they have to approve the Moderna and J&J vaccines as well? That assumption, that they had to, doesn't really make any sense as there are many drugs that fail their tests and do not get approved.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And with that approval comes the slamming of the door on choice.
Now the government will have the power to round up all those people who have chosen not to be vaccinated, and will be herding them into trucks and rail cars for transportation.
And yes, we have seen all of this before; from the Roman coliseum and packs of hungry lions, to Consecration camps in Germany, to Chinese political reeducation, to the forced marches of Native Americans.
And soon we will see and experience it for ourselves, at the hands of our own government.
That is utter nonsense and fear mongering. The worst that will happen is that people with covid will get quarantined and that the unvaccinated will not be allowed into crowded areas during high transmission times.

Upvote 0

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Also I see a bit of debating I just ask you guys do it respectfully bc I don't want my thread shut down.

People, please respect Macchiato's wishes. I know tis is a topic that people love to argue over, so move the arguments to posts to each others info pages or a new topic. :) It is not right to hijack her thread nd turn it into an argument.

Upvote 0