Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟366,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Sometimes i think the idea of shame could play more of a role.

If everyone in the class is aware of a Bully and that bull's behaviour have the whole class confront the kid and make it clear that, AS A CLASS they will work to protect each other.

Bullies are great at pulling one victim into their sites and in doing so the rest of the bystanders get a reprieve feom his actions. But if all the bystanders and bullied kids join forces they can deal with it better than adults ever could.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I think you are missing something important. The educators know and do nothing. Tha parents are only at fault IF they know or are made aware and they do nothing. We've already established that parents often do not know what their kid is doing. Not all bullies come from bad parents. However all bullies continue to exist because of bad educators. Because bad educators know and do nothing. If the parents are made aware and do nothing then certainly they bare responsibility too.

But don't blame the parents until they know.

There are plenty of schools who do nothing and don't tell the parents anything.

You can't lay that at the parents feet.
I think you miss the point, and no, bullies don't come to exist because of educators. Parents shape the behavior or their children. I really can't believe I have to say that.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I think you miss the point, and no, bullies don't come to exist because of educators. Parents shape the behavior or their children. I really can't believe I have to say that.
Parents can shape the behavior of their kids if they know. You missed the point again. Many times the parents don't know. Bullies exist because they can. No the teacher didn't create him. But they allow him to continue to exist.

To me that's the greater wrong. And parents, if they find out, should also put a stop to it as well. But it starts with the educators who then need to pull the parents into it as well.

But the parents are not there at the school are they. The teachers are.

Parents only. TRY to shape a child's behavior, but since they are not there 24/7 they cannot do anything about what they have no knowledge of.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Parents can shape the behavior of their kids if they know. You missed the point again. Many times the parents don't know. Bullies exist because they can. No the teacher didn't create him. But they allow him to continue to exist.

To me that's the greater wrong. And parents, if they find out, should also put a stop to it as well. But it starts with the educators who then need to pull the parents into it as well.

Parents only. TRY to shape a child's behavior, but since they are not there 24/7 they cannot do anything about what they have no knowledge of.
Family dynamics shape youngsters, they’re mimicking Mom & Pop, and haven’t grown enough to know that this “inside behavior” stays home.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Family dynamics shape youngsters, they’re mimicking Mom & Pop, and haven’t grown enough to know that this “inside behavior” stays home.
You know having six kids has humbled me. When I was young I used think it was all about nurture. That if you just taught and raised the kid right they would just be great kids. What I discovered though is that nature has much more to do with how a kid is than I thought. I've raised all my kids the same with Tweeks here and there as you grow in wisdom as a parent. But I learned that kids also have genetics and genetics play a much larger role in how a kid operates than I thought. As I've grown older I've seen this play out out over and over in other families as well.

So please don't lecture me on Mom and Pop. I know way more about this than you realize from personal experience with all my kids, my 11 grand kids and from my job.

I'm telling you in no uncertain terms that bullies are only parents fault if the parent knows and has done nothing. I've seen many bullies who came from good families. I've seen bullies who have come from bad families.

But you know what is a guarantee a 100% of the time? A bully exists at school because the school allows them to. Bullies will be bullies for a very long time and kids will be bullied an entire year and beyond because the school let's it continue. They don't tell the parents their kid is a bully. They don't discipline the bully. They let him exist doing little or nothing about it.

Upvote 0

the Vital One

Awaken
Dec 5, 2015
Illinois
✟44,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bullying and the schools' lack of action about it is one of the greatest problems with our educational system. It's one reason our students underperform other nations and why so many high-skill jobs have to be filled by foreigners. You can't learn to your maximum potential when so much of your energy has to be spent dealing with bullies.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Great. So it starts at home. And yes, it is a schools responsibility to address it when it happens in America's hallways. And yes, as Pommer notes kids mimic what they see and hear from their parents.....or other people like this:

"Since Trump's rise to the nation’s highest office, his inflammatory language — often condemned as racist and xenophobic — has seeped into schools across America. Many bullies now target other children differently than they used to, with kids as young as 6 mimicking the president’s insults and the cruel way he delivers them."​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Great. So it starts at home. And yes, it is a schools responsibility to address it when it happens in America's hallways. And yes, as Pommer notes kids mimic what they see and hear from their parents.....or other people like this:

"Since Trump's rise to the nation’s highest office, his inflammatory language — often condemned as racist and xenophobic — has seeped into schools across America. Many bullies now target other children differently than they used to, with kids as young as 6 mimicking the president’s insults and the cruel way he delivers them."​

Making a blanket statement that it starts at home is too narrow minded. Because you can raise and teach your kids right and they still choose to bully someone at school when mom and dad aren't around. Yes , if mom and dad are bullies the kids might imitate them.

But it's the educators who are responsible for the kids behaviors between 8:00 and 3:30. If they don't stop them or tell mom and dad about it. That's on them.

It's time the schools stepped up and put a stop to it. Including telling mom and dad.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Making a blanket statement that it starts at home is too narrow minded. Because you can raise and teach your kids right and they still choose to bully someone at school when mom and dad aren't around. Yes , if mom and dad are bullies the kids might imitate them.

But it's the educators who are responsible for the kids behaviors between 8:00 and 3:30. If they don't stop them or tell mom and dad about it. That's on them.

It's time the schools stepped up and put a stop to it. Including telling mom and dad.
It DOES start at home. It's not a blanket statement no more than everything wrong with schools and why kids are learning is the teachers fault.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It DOES start at home. It's not a blanket statement no more than everything wrong with schools and why kids are learning is the teachers fault.
All right if you are so determined that it does prove it.

Tell me how a parent is responsible for a kid bullying when they don't know about it have have not raised their kid to be one?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
All right if you are so determined that it does prove it.

Tell me how a parent is responsible for a kid bullying when they don't know about it have have not raised their kid to be one?
That's your contention. You prove that teachers aren't notifying parents rather than me proving the counter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
We had a situation in pre-k that had to be handled. The little girl kept bothering my daughter. One day she threw some rocks. She had scratches on her face and I asked her what happened. That was the final straw.

I told her she was an only child and if she didn't defend herself she'd never have peace. If she didn't I'd punish her and I showed her what to do and she did what I said. And we never had that problem again there or elsewhere.

I'm not an only child but I was own my own throughout my education. Bullies have always existed but I was willing to fight. I went to a catholic school but there's always kids who act like that. Sometimes the best solution is self-defense. I would never do what the parent did but I'd make her take action.

If it was a group I'd bring reinforcements. She has 3 male cousins. I won't allow anyone to destroy my child or subject them to years of therapy to repair the damage. They don't have a right to afflict her with their problems or dysfunction. She's not their whipping post.

~bella

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's your contention. You prove that teachers aren't notifying parents rather than me proving the counter.

Few parents are clueless about their kids. They learn what they live and there's usually evidence elsewhere that shows their nature. The majority don't want to discipline and shift the problem to the schools. They know they're hellions and ignore it or don't know how to resolve it. Either way, you're sending your child to school to be educated not traumatized.

~bella

Upvote 0