Mom beats four year old daughter ...

LilyLamb

The Lord is My Shepherd
Feb 5, 2002
Virginia
Visit site
✟1,180.00
Did anyone see this on the news??

The parking lot video camera caught a mom beating her four year old daughter after putting her in the back seat of their vehicle.

This scene made my heart drop and my stomach do a flip. :(

They are searching for the mother - who has fled the state with her daughter.

Based on the video it is believed that the child suffered serious injury.

I pray they find the little girl and get help for that family.

Whatever the child did, there was no excuse for the way this mother punched her (nearly a dozen times in the head).

:(

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What blew me away was the calm way the mother and little girl walked up to the car. Then mom glanced over her shoulder and started whaling away at the poor kid.

Now, if Mom was steamed, in my way of thinking, she would have been STOMPING to the car, practically dragging the kid with her. (Moms reading this, you KNOW what I mean!) But this was just a casual saunter to the car, then POW POW POW POW. Then she yanks the kid into the car seat and starts punching the kid's HEAD.

I'm with Cammie. When they find Mom, I think they should stick her in the ring with Hulk Hogan.

And I'll take that poor baby home with me.

Peace,
~VOW

Upvote 0
I didn't see this on t.v., but just hear this sad news is enough to make me very sick. My heart aches when I think of children who live day to day suffering from abuse. This is one area I have trouble in becuase I will never understand why God allows such evil to befall upon an innocent child. and, it makes it even worse when the abuser is family. Families are suppose to fight against abuse, not cause abuse. What is the good that can possibly come out of the bad in a situation like this? I pray for the day when abuse will be no more. Children will be loved by their parents and no harm will come to them. The only way I can look past this is knowing that one day past is one day closer to Jesus' return.

Upvote 0

Lizzi4Christ

I'm worth waiting for.
Feb 13, 2002
It doesn't matter... my home is Heaven!
✟8,050.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand it. I just don't. How can parents beat their kids? Their precious children that God blessed them with. How can parents leave their kids? How... I... I just don't understand it...

::goes off, feels like crying::

Upvote 0

camaro540

Jan 28, 2002
Visit site
✟15,744.00
Faith
Messianic
Originally posted by OntheRock
I saw it on TV. It didn't look that bad to me. It was clear exactly where the little girl was being hit.

I think its terrible if she was infact abusing her daughter. On the other hand, I see this as a hype for those who beleive that children should not be spanked.

Hitting her child in the head with a closed fist isn't that bad? Hitting any child with a closed fist anywhere is out of the question!!! They couldn't stone this person enough!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusIsLife

Sep 16, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟15,244.00
Faith
Christian
I saw it myself last night. I was so sick after seeing that. I have always felt so bad for kids when they are abused and oh, I just don't get it. Since having my own daughter everytime I see something like that I just think of my little girl, and what if that was here there. I mean that as, her personality, her willingness to love, forgive, and forget. I just think of that child being like mine, and knowing the child can have so much love to offer someone who deserves it. It just tears me up inside. So innocent and precious.....no one has a right to lay a hand on a child in that manner.

I also heard her sister was defending her and wasn't telling them where she was. If my sister did that to a child, she wouldn't have made it out of the parking lot when I would have been done with her!

Upvote 0
Originally posted by camaro540
Hitting her child in the head with a closed fist isn't that bad? Hitting any child with a closed fist anywhere is out of the question!!! They couldn't stone this person enough!!

If this is what happened, then it is very bad.  But this is not what I saw.  I did not see a closed fist, nor did I actually see the hand hitting the head, it looked like it was hitting the head, but I did not actually see the head get hit by the hand.  It could have been that the child was bent over and was getting hit in the bottom.

I will watch again and see.   

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I can not believe that anyone would equate that stumping to a parental spanking!

I would hate to know what happens to that child behind closed doors... Living with a "mother" that is consumed by anger!

They both need help.

I am so thankful that the camera picked up the picture... even if it made us all cry. :cry:

Upvote 0

LilyLamb

The Lord is My Shepherd
Feb 5, 2002
Virginia
Visit site
✟1,180.00
OnTheRock - the clue here is that she looked around first to see if anyone was watching ... then the video shows the mom slapping the child at least 7 or 8 times - it could have been on the behind, but it looks like it was her back and wherever she could land her hand .... then grabbing her by the ponytail and yanking her head back and forth at least another 7 or 8 times and then after putting her in the car seat it shows her punching her in the head ... I counted nearly a dozen punches.

That is point-blank abuse.

This woman needs help ... she needs counseling and anger management classes. She also needs to know how to better discipline a child so that she does not have this kind of uncontrollable rage ever again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The way I understand it, the mom had tried to return something to a store in the mall and they wouldn't take it back, she made a scene and left in a huff and what happened on the video is after she got back to the car. So basically, she was taking her bad mood out on her kid.

What that woman did was so far beyond "spanking" that it is criminal. She was putting power behind those blows. And just because that child may not have broken bones does NOT mean she is "unharmed" as the mom's lawyers would have us believe. And I will take her too.

Upvote 0

IslandBreeze

Caribbean Queen
Sep 2, 2002
✟18,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Counseling? Anger management? Nah; take her out behind the barn and beat her butt. Counseling is too nice. I'm sorry, but I get really upset over child abuse. Anything short of doing to these people what they do to their kids is too nice. I know that's not Christian-like, but like I said. I've been there, and nobody was there to protect me.

Upvote 0

LilyLamb

The Lord is My Shepherd
Feb 5, 2002
Virginia
Visit site
✟1,180.00
I watched the "live" statement by the mother ... she was pretty upset ... she admitted that she made a "mistake" and then she went on to say that it was her fault and that her daughter should not have to suffer for it (being taken away by child protective services). She will be arrainged on Monday.

She says she has never done this before ... she's 26 and has been a mom since age 19 ... she has three children. The lawyer mentioned something about the child playing with the toys and hiding while in the store. Apparently the little girl was really misbehaving and got on mom's last nerve.

She could get as much as three years in jail ....

I will be the first to admit that people do make mistakes and that there are times when people allow circumstances to overwhelm them and they "lose it" ... what she did was wrong ... but I do hope that they will be able to keep this family together and that they get the help they need so that this never happens again.

I am a foster mom ... so I know what goes on out there ... but my number one priority when I get a child is to pray that the family can somehow be reunited ... that God heals them and delivers them from whatever evil tore their family apart. And while I have that child I pray that I make a difference in their life and give them a safe, secure place to live as long as I have them.

Upvote 0