• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Mohammad in the bible

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by habibii zahra, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny ski

danny ski Newbie

+482
    Judaism
    Private
    Our Gd, just like the Muslim Gd is one, unique, indivisible Gd. As the prophet said " my glory I will not share with another"

2. dougangel

dougangel Regular Supporter

+216
    Christian
    Single
    well at less you conceding that. Our scriptures claim Jesus's deity. Thank you for admitting that.

At least that's honest. Your not accepting my scriptures after a major universal event came from God. This brings me to some questions you might help me with.

Israel was a country with a theocracy in OT times. Are you keeping all the laws and judgments in Torah and how are you keeping them? Where is the national temple and the Levite priests? Do you have a national temple in the country you live?

Well No I wouldn't describe it as reasonable. The 3 religions are making quite different truth claims and differences on who gets eternal life. That is quite important.

God bless.

3. Muslim-UK

Muslim-UK Well-Known Member

+127
    Muslim
    Married

He didn't admit anything, on the contrary he made clear it's of no concern to his beliefs.

He who dies with there is no God but ONE GOD has little to fear.

4. dougangel

+216
    Christian
    Single
    Ok excuse me. Hes gone from claiming Jesus didn't claim to have deity to he doesn't care if Jesus claimed that. that is a little bit of progress.

Honestly Muslim - UK. I have to find the humour in this. It actually cracked me up. A muslin is aligning them self with someone Judaism beliefs nice.
    As you and danny ski have claimed Christ does claim there is a father.
    Trying to explain the trinity to you.
    Water, Ice, steam, are all forms of Water
    There is One God but different forms of God. The father, the son the holy spirit.
    Jesus was sinless perfect from God. That is he was a physical manifestation of God on earth with limitations of the flesh.
    No one else can claim that.

God Bless

5. danny ski

danny ski Newbie

+482
    Judaism
    Private
    We keep what is possible.
    The 3 religions are making quite different truth claims and differences on who gets eternal life.
    I make no claims who gets an eternal life. As a matter of fact, I believe that the righteous of all nations will earn a portion in the world to come. If it was any other way, I would never stay with my religion.

6. 4x4toy

4x4toy Newbie Supporter

+1,736
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Who do the Jews say performed the last miracle of God , what miracle did Muhammad perform ? Yet born-again Christians receive miracles since Jesus .. Jesus is God , only God can beget God , the Holy Spirit is God, all 3 the same one God .. Muhammad had no clue as to his eternal destination and without being born-again through faith in Jesus it ain't looking good for him . The non believing Jews either if Jesus blood remain on their hands .. If you do not receive the Son who died a brutal death at our hands , why in the world could you even think the Father could receive you .. Because some nut dreamed different ? I mean no offense at all to anyone .. Just a plea to consider all things

7. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+7,504
    United States
    Married
    Why is that humorous?

8. dougangel

+216
    Christian
    Single
    surely you know why ?

9. 4x4toy

4x4toy Newbie Supporter

+1,736
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Luke 23:1-12 Herod and Pilot became great friends over Jesus .. Yitshak Kaduri lost a lot of friends when his death message was revealed ..

10. Muslim-UK

+127
    Muslim
    Married
    He might be referring to the small print. Technically anyone who dies sincerely believing, 'GOD is ONE' and worships him will be admitted into Paradise.

The small print says, you have to submit your will to GOD and accept everything he sent, his revelation, Torah, Zaboor, Injeel and Qur'an. You have to accept all his Messengers from Adam to Muhammad pbut. Allah swt says, he will settle and judge disputes between the various religions on the day of Resurrection. People will enter Hell fire, but ultimately, anyone with even a mustard seeds worth of faith will be saved.

Everyone accepts the Prophets of the OT, so that's one off the check list.

There is great confusion over who Jesus pbuh is said to be, and the Church presents a triune God, so Jews and Muslims have a right to be confused and reject such a message.

So really it's the message of the Qur'an, and there Jews judge everything by the Torah, that's just how hey are and of course Allah swt knows that. Also hell in Judaism is presented as a temporary place of gloom, as opposed to a boiling cauldron of fire, so why should they try too hard.

Christians also reject the Qur'an as Allah swt has no son, nor will he ever have, and so in my view they definitely draw the short straw. But amongst them are Unitarians who worship GOD alone, so they should be fine, insha'Allah (God willing) and I also believe the majority of Christians are ignorant of what their belief actually means in the sight of GOD, so again they should be fine.

I won't go on as otherwise it'll turn into a Friday Khutbah, (sermon).

And Allahu alim, GOD knows best.

11. Aryeh Jay

+7,504
    United States
    Married

Surely I do not.

12. Robban

Robban -----------

+1,600
    Sweden
    Judaism
    Divorced
    QUOTE="Muslim-UK, post: 71000458, member: 381353"]He might be referring to the small print. Technically anyone who dies sincerely believing, 'GOD is ONE' and worships him will be admitted into Paradise.

The small print says, you have to submit your will to GOD and accept everything he sent, his revelation, Torah, Zaboor, Injeel and Qur'an. You have to accept all his Messengers from Adam to Muhammad pbut. Allah swt says, he will settle and judge disputes between the various religions on the day of Resurrection. People will enter Hell fire, but ultimately, anyone with even a mustard seeds worth of faith will be saved.

Everyone accepts the Prophets of the OT, so that's one off the check list.

There is great confusion over who Jesus pbuh is said to be, and the Church presents a triune God, so Jews and Muslims have a right to be confused and reject such a message.

So really it's the message of the Qur'an, and there Jews judge everything by the Torah, that's just how hey are and of course Allah swt knows that. Also hell in Judaism is presented as a temporary place of gloom, as opposed to a boiling cauldron of fire, so why should they try too hard.

Christians also reject the Qur'an as Allah swt has no son, nor will he ever have, and so in my view they definitely draw the short straw. But amongst them are Unitarians who worship GOD alone, so they should be fine, insha'Allah (God willing) and I also believe the majority of Christians are ignorant of what their belief actually means in the sight of GOD, so again they should be fine.

I won't go on as otherwise it'll turn into a Friday Khutbah, (sermon).

And Allahu alim, GOD knows best.[/QUOTE]

I do not think those who call themselves Christians but are ignorant of what their belief means will be fine.
    They were not born Christian, it is a label they have taken.
    Therefore they should know or they will be held accountable.

It is not so easy,
    I tell you, if not for the grace of God, I would have seriously injured some.
    Some behave like pigs.

13. dougangel

+216
    Christian
    Single
    Ok well a Christian and Muslin and someone with Jewish beliefs is having an amicable debate and sharing beliefs. At the moment the muslin is teamed up with Judaism. I find that funny. It might be just me but there you go.

14. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+20,325
    Anglican
    Married
    You do have a valid point there.

15. Muslim-UK

+127
    Muslim
    Married
    The truth is, if you put Politics aside, the 2 faiths are very difficult to tell apart. Same prayer style, dietary laws, dressing modestly, fasting, and most important of all, concept of GOD.

16. Mediaeval

Mediaeval baptizatus sum

+175
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Typing 9:38 and 20:28 in the “Quick Lookup” at NT Transcripts - INTF gives these partial results from the 28th edition of the Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament:

John 9:38
    Not Present in 019 1 18 33 105 565 892 1241
    Present in P66 P75 01 02 03 05 NA28NS sa 1 sa 10 sa 102 sa 103 sa 108 sa 125 sa 126 sa 127 sa 134 sa 136 sa 142 sa 174 sa 218 sa 285 sa 4 sa 5 sa 9

John 20:28
    Not Present in 019 041 1 18 33 565 892 1241 sa 143
    Present in P66 01 02 03 0309 04 05 NA28NS sa 1 sa 10 sa 103 sa 106 sa 115 sa 116 sa 14L sa 15L sa 168 sa 182 sa 335L sa 336L sa 342L sa 369 sa 4 sa 5 sa 66 sa 9

The speaker in the video about these two verses criticized scholarly speculation, but he himself engaged in speculation quite freely, fabricating his own version of events. But textual omissions or additions are not automatically sinister. Copyists sometimes left things out accidentally. Their mistakes could be repeated and only later corrected. In such cases, correction is a good thing. It is not the same as tampering with the text. The video also tried to make it sound like John 9:38 was unique in showing our Lord's being worshipped, but John 9:38 is not the only such verse in the New Testament where He is worshipped. In any case, there is no dispute over the inclusion of John 9:38 and 20:28 in the Bible. The two verses are widely attested, and both my critical editions of the New Testament (UBS and Nestle-Aland) include them as part of the main text, supported by Greek manuscripts, ancient translations, and patristic quotations. Even Ehrman and the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not dispute John 20:28.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Aryeh Jay

+7,504
    United States
    Married
    Muslims and Jews have lived in relative peace for hundreds of years and Islam and Judaism have the same idea of the oneness of God.

18. Muslim-UK

+127
    Muslim
    Married
    Growing secularism means Religion is becoming more and more something you keep to yourself. People are embarrassed to talk about things like the afterlife for fear of being ridiculed. In such an environment, most people are followers of their faith in little more than name alone. The World has allowed itself to be deceived, and soon the Almighty's patience will run out. We'll all forget our differences when that day arrives.

19. Mediaeval

Mediaeval baptizatus sum

+175
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    On finding “Ahmad” in Isaiah 42, it should not escape notice that your Muslim source deceptively altered the Hebrew text to fit his preconceived Islamic agenda when he changed the original “etmak” to “ahmad.” There is no evidence that Bible has been corrupted and its message lost. But here is a Muslim who deliberately engaged in the textual corruption of the Bible and tried to pass it off as Divine truth. What kind of taqiyya taqtic is that? “Emeth” doesn’t work either, but at least it is real Hebrew word. It is a feminine noun, and it is entirely absent from the text in question, 42:1. The word also does not appear to be related to the triliteral Hebrew root TMK, which is found in 42:1.

20. Muslim-UK

+127
    Muslim
    Married
    No deception if you go back and read carefully. In bold it states on the jpeg 'Did the translators bungled it', then lays out the case. Anyway, it's been decided we all go to heaven, except those who are misguided, so no need to tip the karma of the thread. Actually looking back, I do need to quote and correct you on something. I'll do that soon, insha'Allah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.