✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Antigone said:
I've got no problems showing cleavage most of the time, but I draw the line at church and work (because being ogled by 14 year olds is no fun).

As a former 14 year old, we always appreciated it when the attractive teachers "dressed down."

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Shoulders are something I find interesting, because in some places it seems like bare shoulders are regarded in the same way as cleavage, and in other places more like ankles.

I show shoulders during the summer, but for a reason - I sweat so profusely that sleeves soak through within minutes, and it's gross. So I swear sleeveless tops.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mariposa36

Jun 1, 2013
United States
✟15,509.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So, I do get annoyed when people dress super sleezy, but not for the same reasons as "bikini girl".

It's totally okay to wear a bikini to the pool or beach and no, not all of them are sleezy. Heck, there are bikinis that cover more than some one pieces. Point 1 why bikini girl is wrong and doesn't know what she's talking about.

Dressing super sleezy isn't stylish or flattering like some may think it to be. Personally, I'm a self-proclaimed fashionista and I wouldn't wear anything less than like this. Obviously, I'd wear more clothes and more dressy clothes to an event like church or work. The people that let everything hang out in public, simply don't know how to dress themselves properly.

Lastly, bikini girl uses that study and thinks she's so smart, but really you can make a study reveal about anything. This is a big issue with pharmaceutical research -- a company can make it appear as if the drug poses a lot risk or has a desired effect when the reality may be different. Even if her study was correct, it still doesn't say much. Look at all the male doctors, nurses, medical examiners, anatomists, etc. that deal with nudity on a daily basis. Men aren't this inherently sex-crazed creatures like some people try to make them appear to be. Honestly, I think such a stereotype is terribly offensive to men.

Oh and I know I'm posting in the Catholic section, but I have been to Catholic churches before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Performing surgery on someone nude is a bit different than say - going to Mass displaying for all the world as much flesh as you want.

Men can lust after a woman wearing a completely covered robe.
But to intend to show off - thats another story.

Upvote 0

LewsTherin

High Church Redneck
Nov 5, 2011
Stumblin' through the parking lot of an invisible
✟15,348.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cleavage is also very distracting to a chalice bearer at an altar rail. I don't usually look around at others during church services, but if I'm serving as chalice bearer I pretty much have to look at everyone at a downward angle, and cleavage can put a man's mind in completely the wrong place at that moment. So I REALLY appreciate modestly dressed women at church.

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This is something I've been thinking about recently: modesty.

I think that it's good to be modest to help our neighbour and to protect our dignity. Sometimes I do wonder what it's like to be a guy in our culture. Must be tough. Of course guys can be immodest too and cause women to be tempted. But it seems guys are more visual and modern fashions for men are not as immodest as modern fashions for women. Generally speaking. (there are exceptions).

I don't think that a bikini becomes alright just because it's at the beach. There are men at the beach who would stare, just like in any other public place. The context is still: a public place. I wouldn't wear something like that anywhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Men should avoid wearing tight shirts or showing off as well. Men do need to exercise modesty. I know it's not something we men often think of; but we don't want to trip up the womenfolk ourselves. So we've got to bear that in mind.

Besides, ladies like and respect a sharp dressed man. Keep that in mind and things ought to go well! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0