Modern day systemic racism, does it exist?

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People who are not a part of that culture ignore that no snitch policy. Why do you think so many people in the hood call the police when they see crime happening?
Actually I see people afraid to call police because the gangs will retaliate if they talk.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,389.00
Faith
Pentecostal
No. They get caught commiting more crime because police are in bigger concettation in their areas.

Because there is more crime in those areas. If you he blacks committed less crime there would be fewer police in the house areas.

It's not that difficult.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,389.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yet business use those illegal immigrants, government ( republican and democrat) let those business use illegal immigrant labor force because those illegal immigrant keep the price at the grocery store down… you can chant all you want about “ send back illegals to their country” , but you and I both love buying cheap potato and avocado.

Yes we do, but that also do and mean you and I support illegals being here picking them. If we sent all the illegals home and my potatoes we t up in price over it, I'd be fine with that. Oh, and I would make everyone who is on unemployment go pick potatoes then.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They CHOSE to come here illegally. They were nothing like the slaves who were seized by their own people and sold to others, forced to come here.

Seized by opposing tribes, not "their own people."

All skinfolk ain't kinfolk.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Actually I see people afraid to call police because the gangs will retaliate if they talk.
You don't have to "talk" to police, it is as simple as using the same cell phone they are always breaking out when the cops arrest a black man, but just use it to record crime taking place in front of your house while hiding in the safety of your own home where nobody can see you, then you send that video to the police. After a while criminals will be afraid to deal drugs, rob, beat women, break into houses, steal cars, and whatever other mayhem they feel free to commit in public for fear somebody who does not respect the "no snitchin" code will be hiding behind a curtain in some unknown living room videotaping them.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟147,414.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh, it’s better here. Though, as we are discussing, some folk don’t think that it is near “good enough” yet.

We can know when that is “good enough” when the complaints about how it is unfair ease up.

Like that would ever happrn.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't have to "talk" to police, it is as simple as using the same cell phone they are always breaking out when the cops arrest a black man, but just use it to record crime taking place in front of your house while hiding in the safety of your own home where nobody can see you, then you send that video to the police. After a while criminals will be afraid to deal drugs, rob, beat women, break into houses, steal cars, and whatever other mayhem they feel free to commit in public for fear somebody who does not respect the "no snitchin" code will be hiding behind a curtain in some unknown living room videotaping them.

That video would not be useable in court without the deposition of the person who submitted it, and the deposition would be public. But it might be useful to an officer who knows the area and just needs a tip.

There is certainly some give-and-take necessary from both sides. A number of years ago, my daughter (who was at the time an NPR reporter) interviewed a prospective police chief for a central Illinois city. This man had already had a long career in Chicago and NYC, and he'd done his own on-the-ground survey of this particular city.

One of the things he talked about was the need for police to learn their territory better, that is to get to know the bedrock people, the stable people, the ones that are going to work and coming home every day. He said those people just want peace. They don't trust the police because they don't believe the police are there to give them peace--there is a difference between "enforcing the law" and "keeping the peace." He talked about getting out of the squad car and getting into the barber shops and convenience stores and letting them know that your interest is the same as theirs: To keep the peace. In this officer's experience, people will begin to talk to an officer they believe is trying to keep their peace rather than make a quick arrest.

That would be the officer to whom one of those bedrock people might personally send one of those videos, because he feels Officer Jones--who he's talked to several times and who knows him--is going to protect his anonymity and his peace.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Because there is more crime in those areas. If you he blacks committed less crime there would be fewer police in the house areas.

It's not that difficult.
Blacks don't commit more crime, they are just enforced more stringently.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,389.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Your innuendo is offensive and logically counter productive. The irony is the answer is yes. I was talking about violent criminals. Anything wrong with crossing the street to avoid violent criminals?

Yeah if I see a bunch of gang bangers hanging out I would cross the street too. It's just wise.

Reactions: IWalkAlone
Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
It's because they are not pursuing the jobs that pay more.

And that happens so commonly that it shifts the median?

And how do YOU come to know this about the black people?

It's a simple as that. When you look at the pay they get for equal jobs they get paid the same amount of money.

That doesn't mean they are getting as good jobs. So far all you've done is dance around possible roles of hiring disparities (racism).

Blacks are not being kept out of the education. They can go to college like everyone else.

LOL. Not really. You should know that but maybe it's been years since you were in college. It is not affordable anymore. Even white kids from well-off middle class families are struggling to get an education without ensuring MASSIVE crippling debt. And don't even get me started on banking disparities with regards to race. Loans don't grow on trees for all to gather.

The truth is, even when they do, they by and large choose careers that pay less.

Utter nonsense. You have ZERO facts to back that up.

Even in the engineering sectors. They choose the engineering degrees that pay less than others.

And what, praytell, would those be? I'm curious. I work with a bunch of engineers.

It's not that difficult to understand. IT IS NOT STYSTEMIC.

Get back to us when you have some FACTS that you can support.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,389.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It's not simply poverty either, because only a small proportion of the poor commit crime. It's the dysfunctional slave culture that black people still need to break out of. Many do, but more need to be encouraged to do so. But I'm worried about that.

Hmm... Interesting. What do you see as the slave culture? How does that manifest itself?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Black ones do very well here. So much for systemic racism.

In no small part that is due to black immigrants coming to America with more education and more personal wealth.

If a black person is BORN in America that isn't necessarily available to them.

And in the world most of us live in (reality) that start can actually have a HUGE impact on eventual outcome.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,389.00
Faith
Pentecostal
And that happens so commonly that it shifts the median?

And how do YOU come to know this about the black people?

That doesn't mean they are getting as good jobs. So far all you've done is dance around possible roles of hiring disparities (racism).

LOL. Not really. You should know that but maybe it's been years since you were in college. It is not affordable anymore. Even white kids from well-off middle class families are struggling to get an education without ensuring MASSIVE crippling debt. And don't even get me started on banking disparities with regards to race. Loans don't grow on trees for all to gather.

Utter nonsense. You have ZERO facts to back that up.

And what, praytell, would those be? I'm curious. I work with a bunch of engineers.

Get back to us when you have some FACTS that you can support.

Lol, here is what you asked for. Now you can rest easy that I'm right.

African-Americans over-represented among low-paying college majors

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,389.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Studies show that black males doing the same job as white males with the same education, same experience a same location earn .98 on the dollar conspired to white males who earn the dollar. Asians earn more than a dollar.

With the logic used by leftists whites are being discriminated against. There is racial discrimination against white people.

OR there could be other explanations. Which no one want to seem to look into. Bottom line is the disparity is not that large. So that tells me that if blacks would pursue the same careers as whites and Asians they would make pretty darn close to the same amount of money. The difference being very small and not enough to be causing the "huge wage gap" the left lives to point out.

A white electrician earns $1. A Black electrician earns .98. An Asian electrician earns $1.02.

If a white electrician earns $4000 a month the black one earns $3020 and the Asian earns $4080. That's a difference $920 a year.

Very small difference. Which can be attributed to varying factors which certainly can't be attributed to racism, unless you are willing to say there is racism against whites.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I'd be willing to believe that there are individual cases of wage discrimination, but not that it's systemic. Another factor that largely affects women, but may also affect racial minorities, is how assertive one is in asking for raises and also in negotiating salary and benefit packages, but even that may have changed a good bit since I last read studies on it.

Upvote 0