• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Modern day systemic racism, does it exist?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by IWalkAlone, Nov 25, 2021.

1. IWalkAlone

IWalkAlone Well-Known Member

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Whites get more time me than Asians. The system is racist against whites.

2. LockeeDeck

LockeeDeck Member

+156
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    It's almost as if they were systematically barred from living in nicer areas not very long ago.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    That has nothing to do with modern times. They can move wherever they like. Are you saying black people don't or can't live in nice places? Thats not true. You dont see a black doctor living in the hood. Lack of education or making bad choices is why people live there

4. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    So Asian privilege is discriminating against whites?

5. Estrid

Estrid Well-Known Member

+1,379
    Hong Kong
    Skeptic
    In Relationship
    Sounds systemic but they set up the system.

Its nice living where it isnt raceracerace all the time!

6. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+16,088
    Christian
    Married
    Well, now, when I spoke of that culture before--and also pointed out that black voluntarily immigrant groups don't have that problem-- you argued against it.

7. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!

+4,485
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Just curious - if that isn't systemic racism, what is it?

8. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    So whites are victims of systemic racism too? Is that what the stats show?

9. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+1,487
    Atheist
    Private
    What system are you talking about and who set it up?

10. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+1,487
    Atheist
    Private
    I don't recall doing that.

11. Parmallia

Parmallia Active Member

+184
    United States
    Methodist
    Private
    Disproportionate crime. Those people sound pretty scary. Probably best to walk on the other side of the street when you see one coming. They are most likely a gang member intent on doing crime to you.

12. rturner76

rturner76 Domine non-sum dignus Supporter

+2,441
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    Well it's hard to anticipate where/when someone will be killed. I think most of the time they have to be called to a murder scene.

13. Parmallia

Parmallia Active Member

+184
    United States
    Methodist
    Private
    While I understand you are not necessarily best buds with the country that is now in charge of you but you might want to look at how China deals with racial and ethnic issues. I guess if one doesn't talk much about the plight of the Uyghurs it's easy to think there's no "raceracerace" issues. :)

14. rturner76

+2,441
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    Let me get this straight....Are you saying that because more black people per capita are convicted of a crime, all black people should get more time? Shouldn't each case stand on its own merits?

15. Parmallia

Parmallia Active Member

+184
    United States
    Methodist
    Private
    Not really. The studies are usually longitudinal studies that attempt to account for as many other variables as possible.

Gang activity can only account for a portion of this disparity. Unless you think most black people are gang members. Do you?

16. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Your innuendo is offensive and logically counter productive. The irony is the answer is yes. I was talking about violent criminals. Anything wrong with crossing the street to avoid violent criminals?

17. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Yes. Whites are victims of the same systemic racism.

18. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Gang activity accounts for a huge chunk of crime I bet.

19. rturner76

+2,441
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    Really? How so? They are given more time for the same crimes? No wait, that's black folks. How are whites victims of systemic racism?

(this should be good)

20. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Compared with Asians whites are victims of systemic racism.