• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Modern day systemic racism, does it exist?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by IWalkAlone, Nov 25, 2021.

1. IWalkAlone

IWalkAlone Well-Known Member

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    If so, how does it exist?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+1,487
    Atheist
    Private
    In order for there to be Institutional/Systemic racism, the system itself, or that specific jurisdiction must be created in such a manner that the system will remain racist no matter the person(s) holding positions within it.
    In short -- If you are given free reign to remove all officers within that jurisdiction, and replace them with a new group of people, hand chosen by you; would said racism remain?
    Let’s take a Police Department as an example. If removing / replacing the variables from the system, (in this case the Police Officers) would cleanse the system of racism, then systemic racism does not exist. However, if you remove / replace all variables within the system with new variables known to be non-corrupt from the systems intention (in this case if you replace all corrupt cops with people known to not be racist), yet the system remains corrupt (racist here), then systemic racism exists.
    An example of Systemic racism would be the Jim Crow laws of yesteryear. During that time, no matter how non corrupt the Bus Driver was, he would still require black people to sit in the back of the bus because the laws of the land required it.
    The only possible examples of systemic racism I could imagine being around today would be private clubs that may have unwritten laws discriminating illegally.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    thank you. Jim crow is history and I'm looking for modern day examples. Examples of oppression today.

4. Der Alte

Der Alte This is me about 1 yr. old. Supporter

+4,305
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    I think you chances of finding that are about as good as winning the lottery without buying a ticket.
    I think what is being called systemic racism today is "You have it I want it but you won't give it to me so that makes you a systemic racist."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+31,034
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others

6. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

+7,181
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    This guy does a much better summing up some of it, relevant to our current holiday:

7. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Ok, ill watch it as long as it gives examples of systemic racism happening today. Does it?

8. Vylo

+7,181
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Yes, in particular towards native Americans.

9. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Are you, or the video, saying that thanksgiving is systemic racism?

10. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Video won't play

11. Vylo

+7,181
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    No, it pertains to our treatment of native Americans. The original Thanksgiving itself does not have its roots in racism. It was an alliance between settlers and natives that was, at the time barely a blip in history. Those settlers in particular, did not harm the settlers. The fabled or as he puts it "fake thanksgiving does push into that territory, with stereotypes, historical rewriting, etc. The general idea of thanksgiving and most traditions (giving thanks, families getting together, food, parades etc.) are not systemic racism at all.

12. Vylo

+7,181
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Not sure why, works fine for me, you can just google "Some more news"

13. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Thanksgiving doesn't oppress anyone. How can it be racism? What does Thanksgiving do that oppresses native Americans? Its just a meal.

14. Vylo

+7,181
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    The meal itself does nothing, but there is a fake narrative around thanksgiving that does do harm and minimalize what natives have gone through.

15. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    So because I eat a meal on a traditional holiday, I'm oppressing native americans?

16. Estrid

Estrid Well-Known Member

+1,379
    Hong Kong
    Skeptic
    In Relationship
    Affirmative action and set - asides, racial quotas are systemic racism.

Do I get a dollar?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Vylo

+7,181
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    I literally said no, twice already.

18. IWalkAlone

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I See nothing minimizing anything. So you don't think we should eat a Thanksgiving meal?

19. Vylo

+7,181
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    You would actually. Any kind of racial quota system is definitely systemic racism, that harms both the majority and the minority. It is a no win situation and should never be utilized.

20. Vylo

+7,181
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Ok, 3 times now, try watching the video.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List