Mar 6, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟1,052.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by GW
Originally posted by JohnR7

"Yea, saith the Lord, I am in the midst of my people, and my glory is here to deliver you. Look unto me and I will set you free. Delight in me and I will do great and mighty things for you. Believe all that I have said and I will use you in this final hour of the Gentiles, saith the Lord. Look not to the left nor to the right. Close your ears to doubt and open your hearts to my faith. You will behold my mighty hand, and you will know what I am doing in this land today. You will know my prophecies for tomorrow. You will walk without fear and torment. Your message will be: Redemption draweth nigh.
----------------------------------

reply by GW:
Hi John. I have highlighted in blue two errors in your leader's prophetic utterance. First, let me say that I believe the Holy Spirit gifts are for this present age and can be used in the way we see all through the book of Acts. Let me also suggest that sound doctrine is what allows the prophetic utterances to be helpful and not off in false teachings and la-la land.

Your pastor has erred in a large way here, and the sound doctrine of scripture shows it. Brother, we are NOT in the "final hour of the gentiles." There is no such thing. The Church age is throughout all generations world without end (Eph 3:21).

Next, St. John announced that HE was in the final hour of the last days period way back in the 1st century! (1 John 2:18-19). So WE are not in that final hour, but, rather, St John was in that final hour and was speaking about the antichrists heresy of his day that signaled the final moment of the Old Testament Age.

And last, we are not yet waiting for redemption to take place -- Christ has finished the work and we are THE REDEEMED. We are saved. We are righteous. Praise God we NOW have these realities and that your pastor just didn't quite understand these realities. What a sad thought to imagine that Christ didn't finish the work of his redemption so that the Church could be blameless in his sight.

I suppose that your pastor's "we-are-in-the-last-days" presuppositions are tainting his ability to communicate the voice of God's Spirit without additional noise and interference. Christ's riches to you and your pastor anyway! Truly. Grace and peace be unto you.

GW, This is great stuff. I notice that theology is one of your interests. Praise the Lord! It's wonderful to be given such clear reference points and principles of discernment when wading through some of this fog...

Lee

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.