Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course Jesus was a follower of the true faith and not that of the heretics. I don’t believe it is incorrect to refer to Him as Jewish in this regard.
Well, Jewish can mean two things: Jewish faith, and Jewish lineage.
And Jewish faith can mean two things: of Abraham/Moses, and of today.
Jesus was of the lineage and faith of Abraham and Moses.
Jesus was not of the Orthodox Jewish faith of today.

Upvote 0

LesSme

Aug 19, 2022
SF Bay Area
✟29,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Well, Jewish can mean two things: Jewish faith, and Jewish lineage.
And Jewish faith can mean two things: of Abraham/Moses, and of today.
Jesus was of the lineage and faith of Abraham and Moses.
Jesus was not of the Orthodox Jewish faith of today.
When the sacrifices ceased, Judaism effectively ceased so yes this is correct. However with that said, the thread is veering well OT and I suspect could even be violating forum rules.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You are not the OP of this thread and you are also not a moderator on this site.

What you said to me should have been pointed at ViaCrucis first as their comments that I was responding to had absolutely nothing to do with Judaism or Christianity.

Would you be so kind as to quote my posts that contain this "controversial theology" that you accuse me of seeking debate about?

Forgive me, I was not intending to come off as though I'm a moderator or the OP, only to try to head off a diversion of thread from the thread topic into a discussion of whether or not Catholicism qualifies as Christianity according to whatever metric you have in mind when you say it is not. That's not the topic, and it cannot really inform the topic in any real way (Catholicism's status as a form of Christianity has nothing to do with any ultimatums in Judaism or Jesus' Jewish ethnic lineage). That's better addressed in CCT, since this website unambiguously considers Catholics and Catholicism to be Christian. You can tell that because Catholics can post in all the specifically Christian forums (which non-Christians are not allowed to do), and they even have their own confessional forums here (something which non-Christians obviously do not have).

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Forgive me, I was not intending to come off as though I'm a moderator or the OP, only to try to head off a diversion of thread from the thread topic into a discussion of whether or not Catholicism qualifies as Christianity according to whatever metric you have in mind when you say it is not. That's not the topic, and it cannot really inform the topic in any real way (Catholicism's status as a form of Christianity has nothing to do with any ultimatums in Judaism or Jesus' Jewish ethnic lineage). That's better addressed in CCT, since this website unambiguously considers Catholics and Catholicism to be Christian. You can tell that because Catholics can post in all the specifically Christian forums (which non-Christians are not allowed to do), and they even have their own confessional forums here (something which non-Christians obviously do not have).
But you have to admit, it's a bit interesting, in a thread titled Judaism vs Christianity, to try and keep anyone from discussing any controversial theology.

Wouldn't you agree?

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm crushed.

One of the foundational tenets of Christianity is honesty.

It is woefully dishonest to claim that there is no controversial theology between Judaism and Christianity.

Your credibility continues to wane.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Blood-bought - What kind of blood bought you? - Yes, Jewish blood.​

More importantly. . .what kind what kind of blood rejects the blood that bought me?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian