✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I stopped at 0:23 because I felt like my ears were getting raped
Ya, sorry about that. I just think it's important to be aware of this kind of stuff and have a good response. Maybe I should sent it to James White. lol

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree about the problems with the voice. But as to substance, this moderate Calvinism sounds like Arminianism to me.

It isn't. I am a moderate Calvinist and certainly do not believe in Arminianism.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Care to elaborate, brother?

Basically I believe that there is a tension in scripture between predestination and free will that remains unresolved. While I fully believe in predestination I do not believe that God elected the reprobate. Basically all means all and any that believe in the Son will be saved. God is sovereign.

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Basically I believe that there is a tension in scripture between predestination and free will that remains unresolved. While I fully believe in predestination I do not believe that God elected the reprobate. Basically all means all and any that believe in the Son will be saved. God is sovereign.

See, the whole thing that bothers me is that if God did not elect the reprobate then he obviously created them for destruction. So God only draws a select few "the elect" and leaves the rest of humanity to die in their sins? So did Jesus die for everyone or not?

Sorry, I know most of you by now probably roll your eyes every time you see that I have posted something. Please be patient with me, this has been 2 long years of Hell on earth for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
See, the whole thing that bothers me is that if God did not elect the reprobate then he obviously created them for destruction. So God only draws a select few "the elect" and leaves the rest of humanity to die in their sins? So did Jesus die for everyone or not?

Robert, I am not sure how you arrive at that conclusion. If God did not elect the reprobate, then it means that all that call in the name of Jesus will be saved. If God elected the reprobate then we have two groups, the saved elect and the reprobate elect. In this scenario God would have indeed created some for destruction which is contrary to God's justice and Christ sacrifice.

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Robert, I am not sure how you arrive at that conclusion. If God did not elect the reprobate, then it means that all that call in the name of Jesus will be saved. If God elected the reprobate then we have two groups, the saved elect and the reprobate elect. In this scenario God would have indeed created some for destruction which is contrary to God's justice and Christ sacrifice.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Let me put it another way, we know according to the Bible that election is true and its only Gods elect who will be saved.

The reprobate on the other hand have absolutely no hope for salvation but my question is this.............are they reprobated because God created them to be that way or are they reprobated because they had the same opportunity as anyone else to be saved but they instead said no to Gods salvation?

If its the latter then Gods grace is resistible, their is no way around it.

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
The whole point of Calvinism is set with the first point. Without total inability you lose the fact that God saves man by grace alone through faith alone. According to Calvinist, God elects you by his grace to salvation without his election you are left in the clear path to hell because 1) he ordained it therefore 2)you willed it . With this position (moderate calvinism) all you are left with some synergistic salvation, anyone who actually understand this realizes this is trick to call this position "moderate calvinism." This is just another pseudo form of pelagianism.

I would be more comfortable with you calling yourselves moderate arminians because you are no calvinists.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kenrapoza

I Like Ice Cream
Aug 20, 2006
Massachusetts
✟11,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
This is not moderate Calvinism at all, but it sounds just like Classical Arminianism to me. Granted, I didn't finish it so I don't know what they say about Perseverance. But I noticed how they affirmed Total Depravity and then flatly contradicted it, obviously not understanding what it means. Oh well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

the particular baptist

pactum serva
Nov 14, 2008
Currently reside in Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟10,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Romans 9:21-24 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

'Nuff said.

Reactions: desmalia
Upvote 0

Osage Bluestem

Galatians 5:1
Dec 27, 2010
Texas
Visit site
✟11,711.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I believe the two, grace and free will, are seperated because one is justified by faith which is the natural result of regeneration (pure grace) and one is sanctified by repentance which is the natural result of faith (free will). So, we do nothing to earn justification, but we decide to repent and cooperate with the Holy Spirit in a lifelong process of sanctification.

Upvote 0

Osage Bluestem

Galatians 5:1
Dec 27, 2010
Texas
Visit site
✟11,711.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The video used the term Moderate Calvinism, a term that defines the views of Calvin himself, to describe arminianism. No calvinists believe that natural man has the ability within himself to be saved. All calvinists affirm that regeneration preceeds faith. Without that belief that regeneration preceeds faith one is not a Calvinist.

Upvote 0