Central Ohio
✟16,701.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Used to be when I was younger and had more spare time on my hands. I had a bunch of the Estes rockets--Red Max, Mean Machine (6' tall), V-2, etc.

About three years ago when I was den leader for my son's Cub Scout troop we had the boys build some of the skill level 1 rockets and then we launched them.
Everyone loved it.

Upvote 0

rocketboy

Oct 11, 2005
✟5,967.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Buckeye said:
Used to be when I was younger and had more spare time on my hands. I had a bunch of the Estes rockets--Red Max, Mean Machine (6' tall), V-2, etc.

About three years ago when I was den leader for my son's Cub Scout troop we had the boys build some of the skill level 1 rockets and then we launched them.
Everyone loved it.

man, you had a V2! i really want to build one of those, they look pretty sweet.

Upvote 0

rocketboy

Oct 11, 2005
✟5,967.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Zlians said:
Watch October Sky.

Anyway, sadly I'm not.. though the mathematics of rocketry looks fun (calculus, etc.) I am more of a chemistry/biology guy :)

But I would like to launch one... speaking of which, my friend is in a rocketry group... hehehe.

ive seen october sky a million times. lol and i have read all the books about Homer Hickam. im kind of a rocket fanatic;)

Upvote 0

Boss_BlueAngels

Life is better when you're flying upside down.
Jul 19, 2005
Seattle
Visit site
✟14,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got into it in HS and really had a blast. (sorry) The only problem was we didn't have anyplace really near us to launch where they wouldn't get stuck and make my brother go shimmy up a tree. lol

I haven't launched any real rockets lately... but certainly have put those wonderful rocket engines to good work on various Remote Control airplanes. lol My current project includes making an emergency booster for my foam/electric RC plane.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums