• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Mod Hat - Posting in Self-Injury Support :)

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone! :hug:

As you know, the Self-Injury Support forum is here for us to support and encourage each other in struggles with self-harm. I understand that everyone here is at different stages along their path to recovery and that each person needs to be able to express themselves properly, however we also want to try and keep this forum as safe as possible so that this is a place you can come to talk without being triggered.

For the purpose of this forum, triggers are generally words, phrases, descriptions or images that may cause another person to self-harm. In order to keep the forum safe, Staff read through every post before it is made visible and will edit it if we believe it breaks rules or will trigger other posters. As a general rule we cannot allow anything that promotes self-harm, goes into too much detail about self-harm or any types of threats of self-harm or suicide.

If you see a post that you believe is triggering, please don’t hesitate to let us know with the ‘Report’ button! It’s also a good idea to check over the things you write before you post them in case you’ve written something in the spur of the moment that you know we won’t be able to approve. Alternatively, if you’re unsure about what you’ve written, you can send it to a Recovery moderator via PM and have them check it over first – any of us are more than happy to help! :)

I’d also like to say a big thank-you to you all for the wonderful and uplifting posts you make in here. Without you all this forum truly would not be the same and it is such a blessing to be able to fellowship with you all :hug:.

May we each all remember Ephesians 4:29 here when we post.
Ephesians 4:29 said:
Do not use harmful words, but only helpful words, the kind that build up and provide what is needed, so that what you say will do good to those who hear you.

** staff may need to edit your post before approving. we will do our best to keep any needed edit in context. we'd rather not edit, so read the guidelines. also, if an edit is done; it does not count as 'getting introuble' or points against your account. only members intentionally breaking rules are subject to this type of firmness. merly posting a questionable statement, is quite common. the reason for this post. we wish to use a quick method of approving your posts so you can obtain fellowship and support faster than us going through all the red tape of proceedures. so, anything we do, will be documented, and you will be notified. everything staff does is subject to another staffer over looking and advising staff of anything nessasary. accountability it still here for us. you may respectfully protest any situation. just keep in mind we are working for you, and with you. :)

Akathist

Theology Team
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2004
USA
✟70,418.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
ok, so im new here and im seeing a lot of rules, a lot of dont do this and dont do at that! what ARE we alowed to talk about?

Well, here in the Self Injury area, you are allowed to ask for help to stop hurting yourself or to give suggestions to others on better ways to cope with problems and stresses other than hurting themselves.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Be their friend :hug:. Support them just like you would anyone else who is going through a rough patch - let them know you care and give them time to trust you. Having a friend to just talk to can be priceless.

(Feel free to PM me at any time if you want to chat :)).

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey, I know people are busy and have lives, but since the posts here in the SI forum are so heavily moderated, I have a suggestion about that. Those posting here generally need help quite quickly, however, because of the necessary approval before it is posted, many people go quite a long time before they get responses to their posts. Whether it takes more people on the team or more time from the time, I think this issue ought to be addressed. I'm not sure if here is the right place for this post, but I figured someone would see it and know what to do with it. I just want those who desire help to be able to get help on a time table that is working on hours instead of days.

thanks,
TME

• Prayers
Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We try to review/approve them as quickly as possible. Sometimes, it takes a bit longer b/c we need to review for possible edits (for triggers or content).

There are only a few of us who are "Recovery trained" to review/approve these posts. So, please be patient with us - or feel free to PM us if you have a post you are wondering about.

Silver - PM coming your way. :)

• Prayers
Upvote 0