mo.mentum

[One God]
Aug 9, 2003
Montreal
✟16,445.00
Faith
Muslim
Peace unto All.

In the name of God, Most Merciful, Most Gracious. All praises and thanks be to God, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds. You alone I worship, and You alone I ask for help.

I've experienced something tonight that I do not wish on anyone else. And if it weren't for the Grace of God, I would not be here speaking to you all. Were it not for the Mercy of God, I would no longer be having the wonderful debates and discussions that I've grown to love and look forward to, eventhough we don't always agree on everything :) You've all grown close to me in a very odd way, yes even you radroth.

I was driving on the highway, and as you all know, I live in Montreal, winter capital of North America. There was black ice everywhere, and -33Celsius. At some point, I spotted a car in front of me a few meters away that slipped and twirled and ended up hitting the highway barrier, full force, frontal. The driver of that car did not seem to be doing ok.

Another driver and myself stopped our cars around the injured driver's car, to shield him from oncoming traffic and to call for road assistance and ambulance. We got out of our cars to check up on the guy and calm him down, he seemed quite disoriented and incoherent. As soon as I hang up the phone with 911, the guy who stopped with me just shouted "watch out! watch out! watch out!".

When I turned around, I saw two cars sliding sideways right in our direction. At that moment, time froze. I thought for sure, this was it. I stared and focused on the car that was about to swipe me off the road, or cut me in two, or paralyze me or just kill me instantly. But at the moment the car was right in front of me, I jumped over it's hood as it continued to slide under me, quite fast. I landed hard on the ground, as I noticed another 3 or 4 cars slamming into each other all around me. The driver who was standing with me got hit directly and was thrown onto the back of a van. When the initial mayhem ended, people were bleeding and screaming everywhere...

Although temperatures were waaaay below freezing, I felt no cold, no pain, nothing. Adrenaline rush. Ambulances and police took no time at all to arrive. I went to check on my "friend", he could stand up and talk, but his hip and arm didn't seem kosher at all. As people were being treated, I walked from one car to the next, talking to cops and medics, helping wherever I can. An hour had passed, and then the feeling sank in, I could've died had I not taken that leap of faith into the air as the car hurdled towards me. I was the only one unharmed in the whole fiasco. All I wanted to do now was go home, and hug my family and tell them how much I loved them.

Another hour or so of enduring extreme cold, wind chill and exhaustion had passed before my tow truck started heading out, and gave me a ride home. I spent the rest of the night crying with my family and praising God for the life He has blessed me with, and the soul He entrusted to me.

Folks, all this to say, cherish everything and everyone that matters to you. But most important, cherish Life itself, your life, and the life others. For you will never realize the value of life until you value the life of others.

I'm still shaking as I type, but I felt it was important to share my experience with all of you as a way for me to come to terms and to deal with it. All I can think about right now is "Why did I bother stopping?", "What was I doing taking the highway in such obviously dangerous conditions?", "Had I done things differently, would less poeple have been injured?", "Why am I unharmed, yet all the others were injured?" Anyway...

I want you all to consider this: there are no coincidences in life, a higher power IS at work in our lives and at every moment, whether you believe or not. Of this, I am certain beyond the shadow of a doubt.

I leave you with this for now, I need some time off to reflect and calm down. But rest assured, I will return to answer all your posts addressed to me and the questions I receive in PM, as God Wills.

Pick up the phone, call your loved ones, and tell them about one of the things which you appreciate in them.

Ok! :) Now i feel like an old man rambling on! So I will close with these sayings from the two people I admire most and who've taught me everything:

God is not merciful to him who is not so to humankind. He who is not kind to God's creation and to his own children, God will not be kind to him. --Prophet Muhammad

Everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. --Jesus Christ

Then a whale swallowed him (Jonah) and he had done an act worthy of blame. Had he not been of them who glorify God, he would have indeed remained inside its belly till the Day of Resurrection. Qur'an 37:142-144

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟86,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Peace to you, Mo,

All I can say is 'WOW!' What an awesome G-d we serve! Praise G-d that all is well with you and your family!

I know you guys love arguing....;) oops I mean debating on here but it truly is humbling when one hears experiences like that. It teaches us that life is indeed too short but that G-d is ultimately in control.

Now go, and give thanks to G-d, spend time with those you love, get some sleep before you come back here and answer my questions! :D

G-d bless

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
mo.mentum said:
Peace unto All.

In the name of God, Most Merciful, Most Gracious. All praises and thanks be to God, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds. You alone I worship, and You alone I ask for help.

I've experienced something tonight that I do not wish on anyone else. And if it weren't for the Grace of God, I would not be here speaking to you all. Were it not for the Mercy of God, I would no longer be having the wonderful debates and discussions that I've grown to love and look forward to, eventhough we don't always agree on everything :) You've all grown close to me in a very odd way, yes even you radroth.

I was driving on the highway, and as you all know, I live in Montreal, winter capital of North America. There was black ice everywhere, and -33Celsius. At some point, I spotted a car in front of me a few meters away that slipped and twirled and ended up hitting the highway barrier, full force, frontal. The driver of that car did not seem to be doing ok.

Another driver and myself stopped our cars around the injured driver's car, to shield him from oncoming traffic and to call for road assistance and ambulance. We got out of our cars to check up on the guy and calm him down, he seemed quite disoriented and incoherent. As soon as I hang up the phone with 911, the guy who stopped with me just shouted "watch out! watch out! watch out!".

When I turned around, I saw two cars sliding sideways right in our direction. At that moment, time froze. I thought for sure, this was it. I stared and focused on the car that was about to swipe me off the road, or cut me in two, or paralyze me or just kill me instantly. But at the moment the car was right in front of me, I jumped over it's hood as it continued to slide under me, quite fast. I landed hard on the ground, as I noticed another 3 or 4 cars slamming into each other all around me. The driver who was standing with me got hit directly and was thrown onto the back of a van. When the initial mayhem ended, people were bleeding and screaming everywhere...

Although temperatures were waaaay below freezing, I felt no cold, no pain, nothing. Adrenaline rush. Ambulances and police took no time at all to arrive. I went to check on my "friend", he could stand up and talk, but his hip and arm didn't seem kosher at all. As people were being treated, I walked from one car to the next, talking to cops and medics, helping wherever I can. An hour had passed, and then the feeling sank in, I could've died had I not taken that leap of faith into the air as the car hurdled towards me. I was the only one unharmed in the whole fiasco. All I wanted to do now was go home, and hug my family and tell them how much I loved them.

Another hour or so of enduring extreme cold, wind chill and exhaustion had passed before my tow truck started heading out, and gave me a ride home. I spent the rest of the night crying with my family and praising God for the life He has blessed me with, and the soul He entrusted to me.

Folks, all this to say, cherish everything and everyone that matters to you. But most important, cherish Life itself, your life, and the life others. For you will never realize the value of life until you value the life of others.

I'm still shaking as I type, but I felt it was important to share my experience with all of you as a way for me to come to terms and to deal with it. All I can think about right now is "Why did I bother stopping?", "What was I doing taking the highway in such obviously dangerous conditions?", "Had I done things differently, would less poeple have been injured?", "Why am I unharmed, yet all the others were injured?" Anyway...

I want you all to consider this: there are no coincidences in life, a higher power IS at work in our lives and at every moment, whether you believe or not. Of this, I am certain beyond the shadow of a doubt.

I leave you with this for now, I need some time off to reflect and calm down. But rest assured, I will return to answer all your posts addressed to me and the questions I receive in PM, as God Wills.

Pick up the phone, call your loved ones, and tell them about one of the things which you appreciate in them.

Ok! :) Now i feel like an old man rambling on! So I will close with these sayings from the two people I admire most and who've taught me everything:

God is not merciful to him who is not so to humankind. He who is not kind to God's creation and to his own children, God will not be kind to him. --Prophet Muhammad

Everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. --Jesus Christ

Then a whale swallowed him (Jonah) and he had done an act worthy of blame. Had he not been of them who glorify God, he would have indeed remained inside its belly till the Day of Resurrection. Qur'an 37:142-144

I thank God that you are not injured. Anyway, as you say, "Nothing is coincidental in our lives". I am very aware of that. Jesus keeps reminding me of that as He finds a way to keep me clinging to Him. I see Jesus Christ working throughout my live in somewhat bizzarre ways. Many times I just don't understand, but He does. I have to continue to act in faith to keep myself going in the direction He is leading me.

I don't want to sound insensitive to your predicament, but I have to say that this may be your wakeup call to really see who is protecting you. I think you really need to honestly reflect and look for truth. You don't have to respond to the last 2 lines. Just my opinion.

Anyway, I will look for your return with cheers.

Shalom :wave:

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟30,452.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Life is like a dance to which we only hear a wisp of the Divine music here, a wisp of Divine music there. Half the time it is difficult to be certain if we are moving in harmony, doubt and distraction are everywhere. Then all of a sudden the music becomes clear... you are here now in this place. Distractions fade away and all that is important comes clearly into focus. I am thankful that you are unharmed, and I am thankful that you have indeed been blessed with this opportunity.

Blessed Be

Upvote 0

Indigo

Dec 10, 2003
Europe
✟7,797.00
Wow! Mo.mentum, you have the power!

I've been through moments when cars or a deer jumped out in front of me, and it seems someone else took control of the steering wheel for me.... but to jump over a fast-moving car coming right at you, that's something you only think happens in movies! :bow: Anyway, I had already thought about how awful it would be if something did happen to someone we only know virtually and we just never hear from them again.... So I thought this would be a good time to tell you that, even though we have known each other virtually for a short time, you’ve touched me virtually and I’m extremely thankful that you are still around. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Lyle

I am last minute stuff
Nov 12, 2003
Home
Visit site
✟11,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, that's a story of grace. I can say wow, or want not, but there's not much any reason. God had his hand over you, so there's nothing those cars could have done to hurt you.... But still, He deserves much praise.....

But take your time, I would proablly take the same... I look forward to your return :D

Upvote 0