catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, if you want to talk about your local choices, I am offering mine.
( I won't be judgmental on it. :) )

For me, as usual, I voted a mix. This time though I counted the numbers from curiosity. It was 14 republicans and 9 democrats. (I'll say why below)

In several cases, a choice was easy due to the individual supporting Trump's propaganda about the 2020 election, so those are easy choices for me: I voted democrat for every one of those kinds of races, because I don't want someone that either A) believes everything Trump says (as if Trump is always right), or B) someone that will intentionally support what they know is false -- either is dangerous to the American system of voting, for which many in our history defended with their lives, for our sake. So those were easy: just vote for the other person. It would not even matter if that republican candidate was right on some other key issue, as it would not help to have someone that gives lip services to some good policy or another you like, but is at the same time is approving of more arson in your town, to use a metaphor. What good is it to support your local police force while giving someone power to do...arson in your town without being stopped (to use a metaphor)?

Also, I tend to vote out the incumbents in certain offices like county boards or such, if I know who is an incumbent, since I think turn over is safer for those kinds of less seen positions that handle taxpayer money with not much of a spotlight from the media typically. So that alone already means I will vote for both parties in most every election.

Otherwise, normally, I try to gauge each individual, regardless of party, for integrity and on their common sense, or such key things.

Here locally, also we tend to sometimes have ok to good candidates on both sides in local races like state house or U.S. house races, so that's sometimes an interesting choice. No one locally tends to take an extreme position in our own local nearby area, I guess because this town won't support them even in a primary here locally.