Mixed questions welcome

catzetier

Jul 29, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is like that sometimes. In my case, The Black Cauldron was an incredible let down. They killed the story and the lesson at the end.

Do you research before voting?

Well, I look at what they're promising - and if it's a returning government trying to get enough votes to return, I will look at whether or not I liked them the first time round. However, there are some parties I simply do not trust and therefore will never vote for no matter what they say (mainly because they've proven themselves to be... creative with the truth in the past).

From the little I understand of American politics, you guys have only two parties and you only elect a President. Here in NZ, we have several serious parties - it's at least seven - and each person has two votes: one vote for a preferred Prime Minister and one vote for a party. You do not have to vote for the party your preferred Prime Minister belongs to. For example, somebody could vote for John Key as the Prime Minister - National party - but give the Greens their party vote.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
From the little I understand of American politics, you guys have only two parties and you only elect a President. Here in NZ, we have several serious parties - it's at least seven - and each person has two votes: one vote for a preferred Prime Minister and one vote for a party. You do not have to vote for the party your preferred Prime Minister belongs to. For example, somebody could vote for John Key as the Prime Minister - National party - but give the Greens their party vote.

We have two main parties, but nothing that truly rules out other parties from existing. That being said, we only have a smattering of legislative members who are not from those two parties. The 2 that dominate do a pretty good job of keeping other people out of power.

We do vote a president in and the vice president comes with. The votes for Congressmen (Senate and House of Representatives) are voted for completely separately.

What is something you would like to accomplish in the next year?

Upvote 0

catzetier

Jul 29, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is something you would like to accomplish in the next year?

:) No idea. I suppose I'd like to pass my postgrad university paper, but apart from that it's boring stuff like getting a job. And that isn't exactly something I'd call an accomplishment per se. An accomplishment would be more like doing well in said job...

Upvote 0

catzetier

Jul 29, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What does your user name mean?

Translated literally back from German? Cat animal. It's an amalgamation of "Katze" and "Tier" but spelling the first part in English - "cat". I also pronounce it strangely - the German pronounciation would be something like "KHAT-tse-TEER" but when I say my username, I say it "KAT-zee-tee-ah".

I know - weird. For once, I even did it on purpose ;). Bilingualism helps when creating strange and unusual usernames. At least, bilingualism in languages that have the same sort of alphabet helps. I wouldn't like to try it with Chinese and English...

What about your username? The only thing I can think of is maybe you're really fond of Peter Pan. Your definition of "happiness" would also tend to support this opinion!

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Interesting. Not what I expected you to say.

What about your username? The only thing I can think of is maybe you're really fond of Peter Pan. Your definition of "happiness" would also tend to support this opinion!

I loooooove Tinker Bell. She's so cute! And "Tink" was already taken, so I combined those and it worked. The mods were nice enough to change it for me.

Do you panic if you forget your cell phone (assuming you have one)?

Upvote 0

catzetier

Jul 29, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting. Not what I expected you to say.

So... what did you expect me to say? Could be interesting. :)

Do you panic if you forget your cell phone (assuming you have one)?

No. I do have a cell phone but it's never turned on anyway. If I forget it it's not all that much different from if I'd remembered it.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So... what did you expect me to say? Could be interesting. :)

Well, probably not very interesting. Usually people either pick a name from a TV show character, book character or something like that. I don't know whether I've ever seen someone who got it by mixing languages. I kind of expected zetier to be the name of a character out there.

Have you ever had a fear of using public bathrooms for any reason?

Upvote 0

catzetier

Jul 29, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, probably not very interesting. Usually people either pick a name from a TV show character, book character or something like that. I don't know whether I've ever seen someone who got it by mixing languages. I kind of expected zetier to be the name of a character out there.

I just Googled "zetier" out of curiosity and it didn't come up with anything. Well, okay, it did show some things but nothing at all interesting. I've never used TV characters or book characters as far as I can remember. Although that may be because interesting ones are always taken already.

Anyway. Just don't ask me to combine Chinese and English! :)

In answer to your question... no... and that is a really weird question. I blinked at it for a while there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

catzetier

Jul 29, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you found $10,000 on the street, what would you do?

Hand it in to the police. That's far too much to keep. $20, with nobody obviously looking for it in sight, yes - someone could just have dropped that. $10,000 - no way. That's frankly suspicous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

catzetier

Jul 29, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you were changed into a man for 1 day, what would you do?

Good question. Freak out is the obvious response. So, after that's taken care of...

I suppose that I could check to see whether my coordination improved - I'm the sort of person who bruises herself by accidentally walking into door handles!

It might also be an interesting advantage for my sketching; drawing male hands by using my own hands as reference doesn't always work. Of course, drawing female hands by using my own hands as reference doesn't always work either...

Our poor, long-suffering cat, however, would not be impressed. He doesn't like strangers - which would probably be fine since I'd still be me - but he also doesn't like me acting weird, and in this situation that would be unavoidable.

What would you do?

Upvote 0

catzetier

Jul 29, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would love to go out and try on a bunch of clothing, like dresses, because they would actually fit my body lol. After that, I would probably be a bit of a stereotype :blush:

Do you have any phobias?

I sort of understand... I once acted a man's role in a play for a university paper. There were five of us in our group (four girls and one guy) and the roles were three guys and two girls. Playing a man was fine - he was the best role in the play, I thought, and I specifically requested that I play him - but finding a pair of men's trousers that I could manage to wriggle into and zip up took an hour and a half exploring three different second-hand clothing shops. I got several odd sidelong looks from the people at the counter before I took pity on them and explained that I was costume hunting. It did not help that the mirrors were outside the changing rooms when I finally found a pair that fit. Joy.

Not quite sure what you mean by "stereotype", though. Is there such a thing as a stereotypical person who switches genders overnight?

Anyway. You've already asked me about phobias.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not quite sure what you mean by "stereotype", though. Is there such a thing as a stereotypical person who switches genders overnight?

Stereotype of a guy who had a chance to be a girl for a day.

Anyway. You've already asked me about phobias.

Well, that means the search thread function doesn't work. :blush:

Have you ever broken a bone?

Upvote 0

catzetier

Jul 29, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, that means the search thread function doesn't work. :blush:

Obviously it doesn't. You've already asked that one as well! ^_^

So - to be helpful, questions I have answered are:
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
How many ants could you fit in a wine bottle?
Do you have any phobias?
Do you like scary movies?
(and leading on from that): What don't you like about horror movies?
What is your favourite genre for movies?
Do you have a DVR? (And that answer has changed to "yes" - we do now)
How many languages can you speak?
Would you ever skydive or bungee jump?
Do you know how to sail?
What's the furthest you've ever travelled?
What country would you love to visit?
Have you ever wanted to climb Mount Everest?
Did you play sports in school?
Do you like swimming?
Do you live near the beach in NZ?
If you could be an animal, what would you choose to be?
Have you ever been sailing?
What is your best quality?
What is your worst quality?
Are you a music fan? What type of music / artists do you like?
If someone gave you a yacht, what would you name her?
How many different kinds of church have you been to?
Have you ever named your car?
What would you name your car, or would it depend on make / colour?
Do you buy generic products or only name brands?
Do you skip meals?
refused to answer What was the biggest mistake you ever made?
If you could have more time in the day for one thing, what would it be?
Best clean joke you ever heard? (and I'm not sure whether you understood my answer to that one...)
Favourite TV show?
What's your favourite book / series?
What was your first ever response to the question "What do you want to be when you grow up"?
Do you have a bucket list?
Have you ever wanted to run a marathon?
Have you ever ridden a bus other than to school?
Have you ever walked into the wrong bathroom?
Have you ever walked right off the end of something thinking it was longer?
If from now on you had to listen to one secular song all day every day, which one would it be?
Do you take the elevator or stairs if you have a choice?
When was the last time you rode a ferris wheel?
Last concert you attended?
What is the oldest memory you have?
Have you ever finished reading a terrible book out of pure stubborness?
What do you think is the best book -> movie adaptation?
What do you think is the worst book -> movie adaptation?
Are you doing anything for Valentine's Day?
Do you research before voting?
What is something you'd like to accomplish in the next year?
What does your username mean?
Do you panic if you forget your cellphone?
If you found $10,000 on the street, what would you do?
If you were changed into a man for one day, what would you do?

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Now that's helpful! And it had to take you a bunch of time! (and I am copying that list and I will add as I go).

And I went back and checked the joke. I thought it was funny ;)

Here's a new one:

When you are in a group, do you tend to lead or follow?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

catzetier

Jul 29, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now that's helpful! And it had to take you a bunch of time! (and I am copying that list and I will add as I go).

And I went back and checked the joke. I thought it was funny ;)

Here's a new one:

When you are in a group, do you tend to lead or follow?

It didn't take me that much time to list all those questions. I type fast. But I am glad you appreciate it!

I'm also glad you got the joke. Here's a link to a joke I posted in another forum on this site, which I hope you also like: http://www.christianforums.com/t7610312/

When I'm in a group, I tend to follow. I will open the topic if I don't understand why I'm being asked to do something or want to raise an issue. Still, I don't think I'd ever want to lead.

... particularly drama group, which took to handing out a free "Diva Moment" card to all cast and crew members; it entitled them to one no-consequences freak-out, tantrum, bout of stubbornness, etc. After that, if you did it again, you had to pay a forfeit. However, I wasn't asked to surrender my card when I freaked out so much during rehearsal that I fled the stage in tears. Maybe they figured I had enough on my plate. (Being the pianist for a musical - basically the lynchpin of the whole thing, since we didn't have anyone else in the band at that stage - would be enough on anybody's plate, particularly if the director doesn't quite seem to understand that music takes more time to master and is also trickier and less forgiving than the script.)

Upvote 0