Mitch McConnell and wife harassed by people throwing temper tantrums in restaurant

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,664,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's ridiculous and hysterical, unhinged behavior. There are better ways to make your voice heard and be a voice for change. When I see this type of thing I just see it as showboating.
Rude of people to do this to a public official.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,225,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There are better ways such as the ballot box. If you don't like the politics of the people in office express that in the ballot box. That is what I do.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,664,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are better ways such as the ballot box. If you don't like the politics of the people in office express that in the ballot box. That is what I do.
Yep. And doing things in your daily life to make changes at a grassroots level. There is too much armchair criticism going on with not much else. Paid protestors and partisans throwing tantrums don't impress most reasonable people.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟805,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Paid protesters and partisans throwing tantrums don't impress most reasonable people.

I do wonder who's behind the paid protesting. It would be interesting to see who's funding this.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟805,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well the party line says Soros but who knows? All this game playing is exhausting.
Especially right now--so close to the elections. I've never heard so many lies as I do with the political commercials.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This is just pathetic and irritating. Can we please get some adults back in charge of the country? Someone who will police their own tone, at least, so as to set an example that other people might follow? I don't even care what this latest public tantrum was about. If you're mad, express it with your vote at the ballot box like an adult. Don't go around yelling at a guy who just wants to enjoy some Cuban food. What does that even accomplish? The reply was taunting "left-wingers", thereby feeding the partisan rage loop that is fueling this kind of behavior in the first place. The other guy's always the enemy, the other guy's always Satan's cabana boy, etc. Enough. Enough already. Everybody shut up and enjoy your dinner.

Can we get some kind of ballot measure, constitutional amendment or something that replaces the terms "left-wing" and "right-wing" with things that are more appropriate to these kinds of situations, like "idiot man-children"? Take the partisanship out of it and just leave the immaturity so that everyone can see how gross and unbecoming it is?

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,664,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's complete power plays. Nothing else. I'm going to try to vote early this year and tune out. I actually have people from both parties calling my house and basically harassing us.
Especially right now--so close to the elections. I've never heard so many lies as I do with the political commercials.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I've voted early by mail for precisely that reason for the past dozen years or so. I don't want to get bogged down in all of this stuff. Voting is like getting a flu shot: It's vaguely unpleasant, but you know you have to do it anyway even if you feel slightly queasy afterwards, so it's best to get it done as early as possible before things get too nasty out there.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Collateral damage is looking a lot like Nancy.
It would be funny in a poetic justice sort of way, if politicians were not already getting shot st baseball games and beat senseless mowing their lawns.
There is a very real possibility that some politician is going to end up being killed. Sad that politicians like Maxine and now Nancy find it to their advantage to dial up the rhetoric of the RESISTANCE instead of toning it down.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well the party line says Soros but who knows? All this game playing is exhausting.
According to Forbes, Project on Government Oversight is funded by Soros.

Christine Blasey Ford's lawyer, Debra Katz leads that organization.

The POGO website has said Katz is Vice Chair of that organization.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
220px-Boris_natasha_fearless.jpg

Ok - had to make changes -- Boris is Bernie Sanders
Natasha is Nancy Pelosi
Fearless Leader is Soros

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married