Way in the back, off to the left.
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever been mistaken for someone?
Or people mistake you for being older/younger than your age?
Or even have your race mistaken?

I bring this up because 1) I'm curious and 2) I have been yet again mistaken, age wise.

Two different women this past month thought I was younger than I really am...the one lady was absolutely shocked to find out I was 21...and even more shocked to find out my younger brother was, in fact, my younger brother. :D

Other instances:
Someone once mistook me for being Chinese...that was rather amusing. :D

A stranger thought I was male...that was amusing, but rather awkward at the same time. :eek:

GodsChild77

Oct 3, 2010
✟12,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I think I must have a familiar face because people have thought I was someone else until they got closer before. Normally my age is guessed right on the dot or close to it, but I did have a lady about 3 weeks ago think I looked like I was 19. Not sure why, no one else has said that. No, my race is never mistaken.

That's interesting that someone thought you were Chinese when you're not!

Upvote 0

penNpaper

Keep on moving
Nov 14, 2006
Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

I bring this up because 1) I'm curious and 2) I have been yet again mistaken, age wise.

Two different women this past month thought I was younger than I really am...the one lady was absolutely shocked to find out I was 21...and even more shocked to find out my younger brother was, in fact, my younger brother. :D

Other instances:

A stranger thought I was male...that was amusing, but rather awkward at the same time. :eek:

I was cartered in my own house once...true story. The folks brought some food online - and once in awhile they will buy something that is considered "drinking" and the person was like I need to have ID...I was like...why...because of this...I'm like...hmm...calls dad...

I'm like hmm my parents brought this like this is my house and yeah end of the story...they did left all of the stuff behind...and I had a funny story to tell...

I got chartered in my own house ^_^

God Bless,
Drew

Upvote 0

penNpaper

Keep on moving
Nov 14, 2006
Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Also to add to the fun ^_^

My father and myself get mistaken as Brothers mostly than Father & Son.

Same name...check...
Same looks...check...
Same facial features...check...

I hear it all the time ^_^

If I had a quarter of every time we were mistaken as Brothers...I would be a rich man :D

God Bless,
Drew

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Other instances:

Oh, that does make me giggle!

I used to be mistaken for my sister all the time, but now she's lost a whole load of weight and now i'm mistaken for her and people ask her who she is.

I've also been mistaken for a woman someones husband was having an affair with, which would have been amusing if she had not been quite so angry.

Also people tend to claim i'm foreign all the time, but that's because they're very Cumbrian and they do not realise the world exists outside of their county.

I'm always being mistaken for being a teenager. I'm still ID'd for party poppys, certificate 15 DVDs and nail polish remover :|

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

septemberskies

You can find me on cloud no.9
Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat

Yes, I think I have a familiar face. I don't know the person but I guess she is nice so that's a good thing:)

Both actually... i would prefer to be mistaken for my actual age though lol

Yep, Hispanic

Upvote 0

LoneSheep

Thou, oh Lord are a shield for me
Apr 11, 2009
Pennsylvania
✟11,248.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I actually get a comment from time to time that I look like someone. No idea who these people are, but I would love to meet one of them! :groupray:

People ALWAYS mistake my age. I think most answers are like 25 or so, but I'm not complaining. I usually act all worried about the day I will turn 30 ^_^

Mistaking my race would be impossible. I have white skin, blonde hair and blue eyes that women are always commenting on. What else would I be? lol ;)

Upvote 0

septemberskies

You can find me on cloud no.9
Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Apparently, I have a doppelganger. Today at work, somebody in the cleaning crew asked me if I had lost my campus ID. He was holding the photo ID in his hand, and even glanced at it right before he asked me.
I'm pretty sure I have a doppelganger.... I really want to meet this person people keep confusing me with!

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
No. Well, except for people who mistake me for my sister on the phone. But those people probably just weren't paying attention because our voices are not the same.

Sometimes I wonder if people are sincere when they say I look young, but I've heard that from various people, especially since losing weight. I even had one woman tell me that I looked like I was 14, summer of 2010. I don't know if it's because I had my hair in a pony tail or if she was exaggerating. Most people seem to be surprised when they find out I'm in my 30s and guess mid to late 20s.

No.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ration

Certified Brony
Sep 26, 2011
Adelaide
✟15,335.00
Faith
Deist
I was once told I looked like Robert Pattinson. I was pretty chuffed.

Depends, If I haven't shaved for more than 3 or so days, I look about 5 years older than I am. I used to be able to buy liquor when I was 17 and not get asked for ID.

No.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm pretty sure I have a doppelganger.... I really want to meet this person people keep confusing me with!
Me too. I wonder if I'd do a double take if I were to see somebody who looks like myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EyesOfKohl

Sufi
Nov 27, 2010
Гимры
✟83,635.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

Other instances:

Yes, people can rarely guess my age lol

I've also been mistaken for being Tatar, Arab, German... hmm

Some weeks ago, I went to buy a 15+ movie and the girl behind the desk asked me for identity! LOL, I'm far older and even look older then 15 :D

But she wanted to ask for identity because the computer came up with a warning message for the movie and it was policy for them, no matter how old you are... she was scared she'd get in trouble for not checking xD

Never experienced something like that for a movie... I was angry about buying from them again..

Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I've been mistaken for another person once, but usually it's due to "all white people look the same". I've been told I look like other people, but never mistaken for them.

People always think I'm younger. My coworkers don't think I'm old enough to drink. I'm more than okay with this.

I've been mistaken for hispanic more than once.

Upvote 0