The Hands and Feet of God
May 22, 2005
Kansas
✟17,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Our team of 8 will leave this Tuesday, July 17th, at 7:45am. We will spend a day in Miami before traveling to Ecuador to meet with others from across the country who will be traveling with us. We also will learn about the culture, language, and things expected of us in Ecuador to make our experience as successful as possible. After this staging camp we head to Ecuador. There, we will put on a Vacation Bible School for children of all ages during the day, help with construction work, and participate in nightly "campains" which include worship, skits, and preaching. We have been busily preparing lesson plans, skits, and crafts for the past few months, hopefully our preparations will allow us to be an effective witness. At the end of our trip we return to Miami for one day and will arrive home the afternoon of August 3rd.

I would really appreciate your prayers during our trip:
-pray that God will work through us to accomplish his will in Ecuador
-pray for our additudes and hearts to be that of Jesus
-pray that we would be open to new experiences and willing to step out of our comfort zones to reach people
-pray that language would not be a barrier, but that God's love would be conveyed by our actions as well as our words.
-pray that our flights are on time, good weather conditions, and for no lost luggage or problems in customs
-pray that we all remain healthy and in good spirits
-pray that we influence Ecuador in a way that glorifies God and advances his kingdom

The names of those going from our church are Paul, Haley, Ryan, Jan, Katie, Jadyn, Tiffany, and Barry.

I plan to take lots of pictures and journal while on the trip. You can recieve trip updates at http://www.ciy.com/missions/07tripupdates.htm from CIY. Thank you so much again for your prayers. Expect to hear from me again when I return!

Reactions: burn97

burn97

A Bruised Reed Yet My Gentle King Loves Me Anyway
Aug 19, 2006
Illinois
Visit site
✟35,559.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
O Mighty Father, what an awesome opportunity You have blessed our sisters and brothers with! Father, let their hearts be at ease as they prepare for and take this journey. Increase their wisdom and their patience, let their words and their actions be that which glorifies and honors You. Father, bless this trip. Let each one of these beloved people feel Your Presence, let them know Your Will and Your Way for them. Guide their step, allowing no harm nor evil to prosper. In the Glorious name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen
:prayer:

Upvote 0

baruch4

Jun 20, 2007
✟19,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
praying, with tks to the lord our redeemer of the spirit, the soul n the body, in christ jesus name n will.

121:1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
121:2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
121:3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
121:4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
121:5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
121:6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
121:7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
121:8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

amen

Upvote 0

DancingwiththeAngels

The Hands and Feet of God
May 22, 2005
Kansas
✟17,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
well, i'm back. Ecaudor was completely amazing, beyond description. Here's a few pictures. Please email/PM me if you'd like to hear more, i LOVE talking about my experience there.

n1190070474_30229025_4727.jpg

eating dinner at about midnight when we got there.
we had already eaten on the plane but had to eat again because it would be offensive to refuse. I'm the one second to the left.

n1190070474_30229059_3028.jpg

dancing in the street while doing a children's campaign.

n1190070474_30229061_7756.jpg

my personal favorite =)

n1190070474_30229044_8490.jpg

riding on a canoe

n1190070474_30229026_4975.jpg

not a lot of room to stretch out.

if you'd like i'll probably be posting more on my blog in the next couple days so check there. thanks again for all your prayers.

Upvote 0

Ephesians4

Senior Veteran
Sep 26, 2007
www.prayerandsupport.com
Visit site
✟21,923.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father in Heaven, please bless all who were involved in this mission trip. Please continue to move in the lives of all who heard about Jesus while they were there. Please let many people become Christians as a result of this mission trip. Please let the Gospel of Jesus spread like wildfire across Ecuador as a result of this one small trip. Protect the minds, hearts and souls of all who have heard about you. Let them have a pure faith, uncontaminated by any indigenous religions. We ask all these things in Your Son Jesus' name, Amen.

Upvote 0