Missionary Work in NY

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I asked those Israelite guys the simple question I ask all of those kind of identity snatcher groups: if you are the "true" Jews, why do you need to learn Hebrew from us?

So true...although there is something to be said about how many Jews throughout history chose to assimilate into Gentile culture with the goal of hiding their identity so as to better manuever in hostile territory...and sadly, as time progressed, the memory of things like Hebrew language was lost for the most part. Of course, that true aspect of history can be abused and many Black Israelites have done so with that in the event that others say "You don't even have Jewish ancestry in your background "

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
simple question I ask all of those kind of identity snatcher groups: if you are the "true" Jews, why do you need to learn Hebrew from us?

I wonder if they would have claimed to be the "true" Jews during the time of Hitler? Will they claim to be the "true" Jews when the next atrocities are visited upon us? Or will they be the first to drop the identity and run for the hills?

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
EasyGG,
Thanks for the rather interesting and informative lesson in history. There is much there of which I was ignorant.

Just to be sure I was clear in my "Holocaust" post... I was specifically addressing the Black Hebrew Israelite movement, not Blacks in general nor Jews who are Black.

Thanks again for the information in your posts. Knowing history is extremely important. It improves our chances of learning from it.

Sent from my iPod touch using CF app

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if they would have claimed to be the "true" Jews during the time of Hitler? Will they claim to be the "true" Jews when the next atrocities are visited upon us? Or will they be the first to drop the identity and run for the hills?

From their perspective, those who suffered during the Holocaust were not "true Jews" to begin with and thus they would continue to identify as Jews while denouncing others across the sea in Europe as pretenders---or saying, in some circles of the camp, that the Holocaust event never really happened. And if persecution happened, they'd would go through it due to truly believing that are the only ones who are truly Jewish. They have no problem saying that they are Jews...and are very indignant whenever others question that.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Easy G (G²);59970892 said:
From their perspective, those who suffered during the Holocaust were not "true Jews" to begin with and thus they would continue to identify as Jews while denouncing others across the sea in Europe as pretenders---or saying, in some circles of the camp, that the Holocaust event never really happened. And if persecution happened, they'd would go through it due to truly believing that are the only ones who are truly Jewish. They have no problem saying that they are Jews...and are very indignant whenever others question that.

If they claimed do be Jews during the Shoah, I am sure the Nazis would have taken them at their word and shipped them off to the camps....
Saying they are Jews and being willing to take the disadvantages that comes
with that can be two very different things. As they say, talk is cheap...

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If they claimed do be Jews during the Shoah, I am sure the Nazis would have taken them at their word and shipped them off to the camps....

Saying they are Jews and being willing to take the disadvantages that comes
with that can be two very different things. As they say, talk is cheap...
Agreeing with you that talk is indeed cheap. With those saying the Jews killed in the Holocaust were not "real Jews" compared to themselves, one must keep in mind that the Germans weren't coming to the U.S to kidnap all Jews there and bring them to their side....nor were they doing that with other groups of Jewish individuals who lived all over the world wherever they could find refuge. So it would be very easy to talk since there was the benefit of distance. Moreover, with the U.S. already mistreating their Jewish populations at the same time as the Holocaust going on (leading many Jews to blend in/hide their Jewish ancestry since they had the benefit of simply being apart of white society), it was not something for many Hebrew Israelites where mistreatment was a real fear. To them, Jews (who they deemed to be blacks) already faced genocide and persecution in the U.S for centuries without anyone really speaking up on it-

Something else that comes to mind is that it was the case that the U.S ONLY got involved in the War after being provoked (finding out about the death camps near the end, if not after, WWII). During World War II, America was goaded into fighting by Japan...but none of the Allies was fighting "for the liberation of the Jews", and none of the Allies did anything aimed at slowing down, disrupting or halting the Holocaust. And being a Jew in the U.S. was often shunned--as well as for minorities in general. For more info, one can go to "The Revelation of the Death Camps and Zionism ( )". Obviously, with the Allied victory over Nazi Germany, the Holocaust came to an end, but that wasn't why the Allies fought..and when the Holocaust was revealed, people then gave sympathies. Yet for many, the bad history prior to that is forgotten. For others who were either Jews of Color/Black Jews or those in the Hebrew Israelite camp, saying that others were Jewish in the U.S would not be something that would lead them to be in fear of the Holocasut anyhow. For most were unaware of it.

From their perspective, they would have kept going anyhow...and did when claiming Jewish ancestry even in that time since they didn't have the advantage of "blending in" as Caucasian Jews had---and for them, it was a matter of choosing to stand out when they already didn't have a choice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Knowing history is extremely important. It improves our chances of learning from it.
So true, as you can't learn from a mistake you never knew happened

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Received this in my email, and I thought I would pass this on for anyone who may be interested.
...............................................................................................................................

Almost three million Jewish people live in the greater New York area, with a community of 900,000 in Brooklyn alone. This is why Chosen People Ministries' headquarters is in New York City - we want to be right in the center of our mission field!

We cannot do this wonderful work of reaching Jewish people with the Gospel without your help! In addition to your prayers and financial support, we also need you to join us this summer in Brooklyn as part of our Shalom Brooklyn Summer Outreach. Whatever your age, whatever your skill, and whatever your ministry experience, we are confident the Lord will use you powerfully in reaching His chosen people for Messiah.

Our seasoned Chosen People Ministries staff workers will lead the teams. We will minister in many different ways, including public evangelism through book tables, Gospel tract distribution, public outreach events, sports, puppets, music, drama, and humanitarian services such as medical screening, wellness programs and much more.

Would you pray and ask the Lord if he wants you to join us this summer? We are following Messiah's instruction in Matthew 9:38 to "...pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."

You just might be the answer to our prayers!

Your brother,

Mitch

This is a time of great opportunity for believers who have a heart for the Jewish people. Are you one of them? If so, then a short-term experience in Jewish outreach - including evangelism, discipleship, and hands-on training - is for you!

Shalom Brooklyn: Take a week or two of your summer to join us in the challenging and exciting journey of sharing the Gospel with Jewish people in New York City - especially in Brooklyn. You can help us utilize Isaiah 53 to share the Jewish Messiah through medical clinics, sports camps, lectures, street ministry and much more. Impact the largest Jewish population in the world!

Join us on one of two exciting trips to Israel - Outreach Israel and eXperience Israel.

eXperience Israel: A spiritual pilgrimage designed for young adults (ages 18-35) who want to engage with God by walking through the pages of biblical history and serving the people who live in Israel.

Outreach Israel: The Outreach Israel ministry trip is designed for college students and individuals ages 18-30 who are interested in reaching Israelis for the Messiah. Outreach Israel offers excellent opportunities to witness for the Lord and encourage Israeli youth who are a part of congregations in the Land.

Chosen People Ministries - 241 E. 51st Street - New York, NY - 10022 - Home | Chosen People Ministries

bravo....

Blessed are the peacemakers because they shall be called the sons of g-d:

Isa. 60:8 Who are these that fly as a cloud (from the Americas), and as the doves (of peace) to their (cathedral) windows (if NOT the Christians)?

Isa. 60:9 Surely the isles (of the New World) shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first (from Western Europe), to bring thy sons (of Abraham) from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD, (YVHV), thy God, (the Word of scripture), and to the Holy One of Israel, (Jesus), because he hath glorified thee (in Christianity).

Isa. 60:10 And the sons of strangers (from the Americas) shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister peace unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee (in Holocaust), but in my favour (restoring my chosen to Israel) have I had mercy on thee.

Isa. 60:11 Therefore thy gates, (O'Promised Land), shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring (as tourists) unto thee the forces of the (rich Christian) Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought (supporting your sovereignty).

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Easy G (G²);59971239 said:
With those saying the Jews killed in the Holocaust were not "real Jews" compared to themselves,..

"The Revelation of the Death Camps and Zionism ( )".

Obviously, with the Allied victory over Nazi Germany, the Holocaust came to an end,

I see it as fulfillment of Isa 53 and the unavoidable recognition that we Jews have refused to face the facts of 32AD:

Rev. 11:7 And when they, (the House of Jacob and the house of Judah, the two witnesses), shall have finished their testimony (against their own suffering messiah), the (seven headed) beast (of Western civilization) that (had) ascendeth out of the bottomless pit (in The Renaissance) shall make (secular) war against them, (these Jews of the diaspora), and shall overcome them (in 1942), and kill them (with gas and starvation and brutalities).

And, (the House of Jacob and the house of Judah), their dead bodies shall lie in the street (of Nazi Paganism) of the great city (which is the tenth horn of Western Civilization), which spiritually (in its philosophical outlook) is called Sodom, (a place practicing pagan sexual license and libidinal excess) and (that ancient place of Jew trust in the shadow of) Egypt, (the time of their confusion: [Isa. 30:2-3]: Egypt, the land of both their beloved Joseph and also, their slavery), where, (in their blindness of scriptural truth) also our Lord was crucified (among them in 32 AD).

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I see it as fulfillment of Isa 53 and the unavoidable recognition that we Jews have refused to face the facts of 32AD:

Rev. 11:7 And when they, (the House of Jacob and the house of Judah, the two witnesses), shall have finished their testimony (against their own suffering messiah), the (seven headed) beast (of Western civilization) that (had) ascendeth out of the bottomless pit (in The Renaissance) shall make (secular) war against them, (these Jews of the diaspora), and shall overcome them (in 1942), and kill them (with gas and starvation and brutalities).

And, (the House of Jacob and the house of Judah), their dead bodies shall lie in the street (of Nazi Paganism) of the great city (which is the tenth horn of Western Civilization), which spiritually (in its philosophical outlook) is called Sodom, (a place practicing pagan sexual license and libidinal excess) and (that ancient place of Jew trust in the shadow of) Egypt, (the time of their confusion: [Isa. 30:2-3]: Egypt, the land of both their beloved Joseph and also, their slavery), where, (in their blindness of scriptural truth) also our Lord was crucified (among them in 32 AD).

Not seeing how one could really support the view you're advocating with Revelation 11 in light of the traditional view that's more direct in regards to it being about 2 LITERAL witnesses rather than an allegory of something else. There was actually a rather interesting discussion on the subject, as seen here in the thread entitled Did Enoch and or Elijah receive the promise? :

Revelation 11

The Two Witnesses

1 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”[a] 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6 They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8 Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified. 9 For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10 The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.

11 But after the three and a half days the breath[b] of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. 12 Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.

13 At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14 The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Messianic Jewboy

Senior Veteran
Dec 17, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Easy G (G²);59968479 said:
So true...although there is something to be said about how many Jews throughout history chose to assimilate into Gentile culture with the goal of hiding their identity so as to better manuever in hostile territory...and sadly, as time progressed, the memory of things like Hebrew language was lost for the most part. Of course, that true aspect of history can be abused and many Black Israelites have done so with that in the event that others say "You don't even have Jewish ancestry in your background "

My ancestors in Ukraine spoke Yiddish, didn't know Hebrew. Much like we read in the NT in regards to the Jews in the Diaspora. In Chasidic communities the language is Yiddish.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
mpossoff said:
My ancestors in Ukraine spoke Yiddish, didn't know Hebrew. Much like we read in the NT in regards to the Jews in the Diaspora. In Chasidic communities the language is Yiddish.

But both, in Diaspora, T'NaKh, blessings and liturgy are all in Hebrew.

Even while the common civil language may have been something else, Hebrew was still known and spoken throughout the Diaspora.

b'Shalom {iPod touch w/CF app}

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Interesting to consider...

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Messiah is also joy for the Goyim. ;)

Isaiah 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
Praise the Lord:D

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,559.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I know a Chinese preacher had ever helped Chinese Jewish to become Yeshua believer. I have ever seen a large Israeli national flag hanging on the wall of the preacher’s simple home. He was put into prison from 1958-1979 just for his faith. He died in 2005.

And I know a Taiwanese pastor who lives in USA loves Israel very much and ever helped Russian Jewish to become Yeshua believers.
Here is the website of his group: Melody of My Heart

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
In returning to the OP regarding Chosen People Ministries... I have found their 'Isaiah 53' campaign to be quite amazing.

In the summer of 2010, they launched a large campaign in NY to let Jewish people know about the Messianic prophecy of Isaiah 53. They distributed freely a book called 'Isaiah 53 Explained', placed enormous billboards at Times Square, placed ads at 20 large bus shelters, distributed 75,000 postcards to Jewish homes in Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn, as well as ads in the New York Times.

http://isaiah53.com/

According to a survey they did prior to this campaign, most Jewish people are not familiar with Isaiah 53.

I am reading a great book at the moment by various scholars on the subject called The Gospel According To Isaiah 53 which is co-edited by Mitch Glaser from CPM. Worth a read! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Qnts2

Jan 31, 2012
✟2,056.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The Chinese Jews of KaiFeng

This I found very interesting.

My father was in the air force as a mechanic during WW2, and was stationed in India. He flew 'over the hump' into China, to deliver supplies. He used to tell me the story of coming across a very small and poor group of Chinese Jews. To help, he would take army blankets to them, and they would make amazingly nice clothes and sell them. I can't remember a lot from his stories. These Jewish people looked Chinese, and that they still had an ancient Torah and/or some other Hebrew things, but actually practiced more like Buddhism.

About 8 years ago, I met a Moody Professor of OT and Hebrew. In the conversation, I mentioned the story about my father. He said, it was thought that the KaiFeng Jews had disappeared before that, but based on my description, they could only have been the KaiFeng Jews that my father met. We were both excited but unfortunately, my father had passed away so there is no more information I can get.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
My father was in the air force as a mechanic during WW2, and was stationed in India. He flew 'over the hump' into China, to deliver supplies. He used to tell me the story of coming across a very small and poor group of Chinese Jews. To help, he would take army blankets to them, and they would make amazingly nice clothes and sell them. I can't remember a lot from his stories. These Jewish people looked Chinese, and that they still had an ancient Torah and/or some other Hebrew things, but actually practiced more like Buddhism.

About 8 years ago, I met a Moody Professor of OT and Hebrew. In the conversation, I mentioned the story about my father. He said, it was thought that the KaiFeng Jews had disappeared before that, but based on my description, they could only have been the KaiFeng Jews that my father met. We were both excited but unfortunately, my father had passed away so there is no more information I can get.

They have an interesting story. There is a resurgence of Jews and Judaism in China. A recent article read stated that although there are Chinese of Jewish descent, they are not considered to be halachaly Jewish are are required to undergo conversions when they make aliyah (which several have done in the last few years).

Upvote 0