New Jersey
✟17,202.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
at times I very seriously consider the idea of becoming a missionary, but I would want to do so spreading messianic theology. Does anyone know of missionaries who have a messianic outreach to gentiles, not to convert them to be jewish per sae, but to convert them to knowing and loving Yeshua without the flawed theology of westernized Chistianity? Personally I consider myself somewhere between Messianic and Christian, so I am looking for missionaries who are patient with Christians and Christian doctrine, but something more messianic.

I know this last part is a stretch as if the first part wasn't, but I might as well bring it up. Personally I am very drawn to the native american culture, self sustaining, creation care etc, wilderness survival, and nature kind of thing. I think that if Native Americans were presented the teachings of the master through non-western perspectives (messianic) it would be easier for them to relate to and feel lest threatening then an adoption of European religion. If not native americans "primitive people groups" really interest me, I hardly view them as primitive... you know what, end rant

any thoughts?

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
There are several on here who would fall into the first part of your OP. To be an effective missionary you would need to train well in both Christian and Messianic theology - the former is relatively easy to define, the latter, as you will see by the debates on here, is not so easy to define as there is no generally accepted systematic theology in MJism.

Being a missionary is a definite call of G_d, it is not just a feeling where we think about doing it - the call needs to be tested externally. If it is of G_d he will equip you by making it possible for you to gain the education and skills to do the work and you will know, very clearly, that he has called you to the task as surely as you know you are alive.

Aniello would be the best bet to respond re the last part of the OP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jehoiakim

Servant
Jun 24, 2011
New Jersey
✟17,202.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
yes all are commissioned, but I feel a call to spend more time on it and in my current field of work I am limited with how I can share. I'll I ever want to do is talk about God and in my line of work I really can't and I am much more limited then I would like to be.

what I am saying is that I have a heart for native american people and their way of life. My faith has also developed with a more messianic twist and I see a lot of correlation between the two. I also know that many natives who are non-believers are hesitant to talk about the Christian G-d because it comes with a lot of historical baggage as many atrocities were committed in the name of Christ against native Americans. In a messianic faith where the customs and theology are more middle eastern culturally as opposed to philisophical greek as much of christianity is by default, I feel that we have a chance to share the same message with a new perspective minus some of the baggage.

I know G-d is preparing me, I am just nor sure to what exactly and to what capacity. House church is also a serious interest for me, I am just waiting to see how G-d ties it together.

Upvote 0

xDenax

Jewish
Jul 20, 2009
United States
✟13,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I also know that many natives who are non-believers are hesitant to talk about the Christian G-d because it comes with a lot of historical baggage as many atrocities were committed in the name of Christ against native Americans. In a messianic faith where the customs and theology are more middle eastern culturally as opposed to philisophical greek as much of christianity is by default, I feel that we have a chance to share the same message with a new perspective minus some of the baggage.

I'm not saying this to be rude or debate but so that you are aware. The messianic religion doesn't look much different to Jews than Christianity. I would think we're not the only group who feels that way. You may run into others.

Upvote 0