Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here is the info (if your interested): http://www.warrior-triumphant.com/missions/missions.shtml

Tomorrow Shelly and I fly out of Florida for Venezuela on mission to the Warao Indians of the Delta Amacuro Region. We are looking at a great deal of travel time involving long bus rides through the jungle until we run out of road, then many hours by boat from there.

Please keep us in your prayers as we are down there...that we will be faithful witnesses to God's word, preaching the message of the Jesus Christ where it hasn't been heard before. Also pray the the Holy Spirit would be moving in the hearts and minds of those who we will meet.

Thanks!

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thats awesome, have alot of fun!
God, I bless this trip in Jesus name, fill it with joy and peace! May the work they do, be joyful! May they sing praises, and bring honor to your name.

Where are you in Florida? I live in Cocoa, and goto East Coast Christian Center, in Merrit Island.

Upvote 0

SCJ

Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2002
Middle Georgia
✟29,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally posted by SUNSTONE
Where are you in Florida? I live in Cocoa, and goto East Coast Christian Center, in Merrit Island.

Thanks for all the prayer so far.

I actually live in Middle Georgia, driving down tomorrow to Waycross, Ga. (South Ga.) then will hop a plane in Jacksonville and fly to Miami. Stay overnight in Miami and fly out the next morning to Caracas, Venezuela. Then hop on buses and drive 10 hours until there are no more roads, then onto boats in Tucupita and a many hour water trip to our huts in Curiapo where we will sattelite out to the different tribes of the Warao in the Delta.

Upvote 0

SCJ

Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2002
Middle Georgia
✟29,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally posted by wvmtnkid
Praying for your trip! Be sure and let us know how it went. (I don't figure you will have an internet connection in your huts! lol!) Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for God's work to be accomplished!

Heh, nope...

Will only have about 1 hour of electricity per night (powered by generator). We have plenty of disposable cameras though! Reminds me of my mother (who is watching after our 3 year old while we are gone).

Mom: Will I be able to call you?
Me: Ummm....nope.
Mom: Not at all!
Me: I doubt it, we will be deep in the jungle...not even any roads
Mom: What if something happens and I have to call you?!?
Me: It shouldn't...you have Dad and Shelly's parents.
Mom: What if I die!
Me: Well Mom, if you die you won't be calling us now will you.

Hehe, payback is great since I get my wit from her....

Upvote 0

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by SCJ
Heh, nope...

Will only have about 1 hour of electricity per night (powered by generator). We have plenty of disposable cameras though! Reminds me of my mother (who is watching after our 3 year old while we are gone).

Mom: Will I be able to call you?
Me: Ummm....nope.
Mom: Not at all!
Me: I doubt it, we will be deep in the jungle...not even any roads
Mom: What if something happens and I have to call you?!?
Me: It shouldn't...you have Dad and Shelly's parents.
Mom: What if I die!
Me: Well Mom, if you die you won't be calling us now will you.

Hehe, payback is great since I get my wit from her....

Heh heh. Good o'l parents. Always concerned of your safety ;).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.