orange beach
✟25,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, I am 21 and going on my first long term mission trip in Asia on September 20. Its a year long internship in Kaohsiung, Taiwan where ill be learning how to plant underground churches in China. I am required to start a small group out of 25 people I meet out in the city and also speak and understand mandarin well enough to preach in it. Thats basically the surface of the requirements.

The last two months have been a season of dryness in my spiritual growth which is leaving me feeling highly unqualified.
Theres a lot to pray about on this subject but some things that pop into my head is:
That Christ is exalted above all els on this trip
That I don't get to caught up and neglect my "prayer closet" time
That Christ would captivate the hearts of the Taiwanese people
For spiritual growth in the church or churches ill be working with
and also just some encouragement because honestly I have no idea what I'm doing ha. I just know Christ has called this to be the next season in my life.
I often find comfort in knowing that the disciples did not know what they were doing either. I guess that is a product of following Jesus.
Please feel free to let me know of any other topics you feel lead to pray about.

Just a little extra on me.
I grew up an atheist and Christ took ahold of my heart when I was 16. I was in college for communications and leadership but dropped out after my first year to go on this trip. He gave me the call after my second semester where I was recovering form being a prodigal son in my first semester. Weird thing is I'm closer now than I was before that time. I wish I would have grown any other way but I am thankful he used it.
I had to raise $15,000 for this trip which sounds like a lot but God had already prepared me to trust him in this from my first mission trip which was only $1400. I was in high school and basically said I wasn't going because there was no way I could get $1400. Well a few months later when I had forgotten about it someone from the missions team at my church told me someone donated $1400 to the missions fund and if I wanted to go I could take it. This gave me the strength to trust God for the $15,000 instead of giving up as soon as I saw the amount. Just like always he followed through. People told me to make mission letters and they would help support me. No one did. Also none of the churches in my city wanted to help either except the one I was a member of which they gave me $1,000. Then this lady that I did yard work for gave me $3,000. After that, six months went by with no financial gain. Which was a little discouraging but I knew that God finishes what he starts. I told him that I trusted him and that I was gonna get a better job than what I had so I could save money. Well the first place I went I was able to have lunch with the CEO and I told him that I would basically start off sweep floors and cleaning bathrooms if he would just hire me. He thought it over and called me a week later and said that if I was serious about Taiwan then he would right me a check for $11,500 which was enough and more.
How awesome are HIS deeds!

Just wanted to ask for prayer and encouragement thank you for your time!
Feel free to ask questions.

In Christ

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey there and WELCOME TO CF :wave:
will keep you in my prayers :prayer:

3d20b8beb1696d209d28789ed5f09b8d.jpg

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I am 21 and going on my first long term mission trip in Asia on September 20. Its a year long internship in Kaohsiung, Taiwan where ill be learning how to plant underground churches in China. I am required to start a small group out of 25 people I meet out in the city and also speak and understand mandarin well enough to preach in it. Thats basically the surface of the requirements.

The last two months have been a season of dryness in my spiritual growth which is leaving me feeling highly unqualified.
Theres a lot to pray about on this subject but some things that pop into my head is:
and also just some encouragement because honestly I have no idea what I'm doing ha. I just know Christ has called this to be the next season in my life.
I often find comfort in knowing that the disciples did not know what they were doing either. I guess that is a product of following Jesus.
Please feel free to let me know of any other topics you feel lead to pray about.

I grew up an atheist and Christ took ahold of my heart when I was 16. I was in college for communications and leadership but dropped out after my first year to go on this trip. He gave me the call after my second semester where I was recovering form being a prodigal son in my first semester. Weird thing is I'm closer now than I was before that time. I wish I would have grown any other way but I am thankful he used it.
I had to raise $15,000 for this trip which sounds like a lot but God had already prepared me to trust him in this from my first mission trip which was only $1400. I was in high school and basically said I wasn't going because there was no way I could get $1400. Well a few months later when I had forgotten about it someone from the missions team at my church told me someone donated $1400 to the missions fund and if I wanted to go I could take it. This gave me the strength to trust God for the $15,000 instead of giving up as soon as I saw the amount. Just like always he followed through. People told me to make mission letters and they would help support me. No one did. Also none of the churches in my city wanted to help either except the one I was a member of which they gave me $1,000. Then this lady that I did yard work for gave me $3,000. After that, six months went by with no financial gain. Which was a little discouraging but I knew that God finishes what he starts. I told him that I trusted him and that I was gonna get a better job than what I had so I could save money. Well the first place I went I was able to have lunch with the CEO and I told him that I would basically start off sweep floors and cleaning bathrooms if he would just hire me. He thought it over and called me a week later and said that if I was serious about Taiwan then he would right me a check for $11,500 which was enough and more.

In Christ
Hi; I hope it goes well. Keep up your personal Bible reading and prayer!

Maybe learn some Chinese also! :)

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wonderful testimony!

You will love Taiwan, the people are friendly, many speak English enough to strike up a conversation, and are helpful to learn Mandarin. If you like traditional Chinese food, you will feel as if you have reached Heaven already! Taiwan is fantastic for great food, definitely hit the night markets frequently, they are great for food and meeting people of all ages and social classes. Further, compared to the USA, Taiwan is really cheap, which is great for us.

A word of caution though, the mandarin spoken there is a little different than the mainland, so if you plan on moving to mainland China eventually that is worth understanding the pronunciation differences. Also, Taiwan uses traditional characters instead of simplified as the mainland does. The two are of course similar, but many people that read one have difficulty with the other, especially simplified readers going to traditional.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Aiden236
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

In Christ
Father, You seem to have provided enough already to get this one to Taiwan. May they rest in You to provide all they need financially, materialistically, spiritually, etc. Philippians 1:6; 2 Corinthians 9:8; Philippians 4:19. May they guard their heart, Proverbs 4:23; and may they trust in You step by step; Proverbs 3:5-6; Jeremiah 20:9; Jeremiah 23:23; Jeremiah 29:11-13; Isaiah 41:10; Mark 16:15; Matthew 28:19. Amen. Acts 20:32

• Prayers
Reactions: Aiden236
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray blessings on this request, this mission trip, and for a victorious life that will bring you glory in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule

Upvote 0