Minnesota
✟212,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I mean, does your Bible have books such as Wisdom of Solomon or the Maccabees? If so, there are books missing.
The 73 books of the Bible were chosen by the Catholic Church and given to the world in the late 300s, and all Bibles contained all of those books, in the very same order chosen by the Catholic Church, until the Protestant reformation. Protestants dropped some books, Luther was able to get some but not all of the books he wanted removed from Protestant Bibles. When I say "dropped," in the King James they considered books dropped from the Word of God but moved them and still kept them within the physical bindings of the King James until the 1800s.

• Informative
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The 73 books of the Bible were chosen by the Catholic Church and given to the world in the late 300s, and all Bibles contained all of those books, in the very same order chosen by the Catholic Church, until the Protestant reformation. Protestants dropped some books, Luther was able to get some but not all of the books he wanted removed from Protestant Bibles. When I say "dropped," in the King James they considered books dropped from the Word of God but moved them and still kept them within the physical bindings of the King James until the 1800s.

technically not true. the Ethiopians have a longer OT and NT.

plus they were given earlier than the 300s, but weren't compiled as a single text until the late 300s early 400s.

• Informative
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate