• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Miserable as Usual

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't belong here. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm in so much pain and it never ends. God couldn't possibly want me here. What's the point? Suffer forever here on Earth and just die. My life is nothing but misery .i've tried to get help. Help isn't there.

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don't belong here. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm in so much pain and it never ends. God couldn't possibly want me here. What's the point? Suffer forever here on Earth and just die. My life is nothing but misery .i've tried to get help. Help isn't there.
I'm sorry to hear about your distress, but what do you mean by 'just die'?

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Angel, please over look this if its corny, but this song came on just now in my youtube, and I'm sending you this song with love. For me, the severe unrelenting pain is often soothed by music. I don't know why, can't find the words to explain, but it helps....

take the lyrics to mean what you need it to mean...this is the beauty of the band

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,005,174.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

I've seen posts about unhappiness with your job. Is there anything else troubling you?

Upvote 0

r4.h

Feb 11, 2018
Hamilton
✟20,810.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi you need to know that the thoughts your having are not from God. They are the words of songs by unbelievers such as Freddy Mercury "I sometimes wish I`d never been born at all and the song "Im a
freak, I dont belong here" Can you see? They are the words Satan whispers in our ears to try to get us to give up, or worse commit suicide and be eternally separated from God.
Gods words to us are found in many many promises to 'whosover will believe" them. Such as Jer 29:11
God has a great plan for every human, Ex 14:10 God wants to fight for us, but we need to let Him. Isaiah 40:29+ 31. 41:10 +13, 43:2, 54:10+17, Dont fear, God will send strength when all seems lost, and you will see yourself soaring high in His presence. Duet 31:8 God is with us always and goes before us, He will never leave us or turn back from His promises, so cast off discouragement and fear.
Ps 18:3 I called upon His Name (Jesus) who is worthy of every praise we can think of or utter, He saved me from all my enemies. Ps 23:4 27:1, 34:17, 37:4, 50:15, 86:5 Even if we walk through dark valleys He is still there, the Lord is our light and salvation, our strong place to hide in, why should we fear. The righteous cry out on the day of trouble, God hears and delivers them, for He is gracious and forgiving to all who call to Him.
Phil 1:6 and Eph 2:10 We are Gods workmanship and when God starts a work, He always finishes it skillfully and wonderfully.

Google Gods promises and fill your head night and day, you will never look back from that day, try not to give in to those other voices, but if you do, just get back up again. Remember Micah 7:8 Dont gloat yet my enemey, though i fall, like Jesus i will arise again, if i sit in darkness it is only proof that my God will shine His light on my cause.

Verses are my paraphrase, please read them in your bible also to get the full impact and meaning.

Reactions: Joy
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is true that we don't belong here and that we suffer the wicked ruling this planet on a daily basis, but it is also true that Jesus can make something beautiful out of our pain and make us an example of faith and perseverance in Him. It is best to let bad life die and come to life in the new life that Jesus has on offer for those who love and trust Him. Depression doesn't have to win you can shake the bad life if you keep your eyes on Jesus instead of bad life hurting you so badly. i know a very hard thing to do.

hoping you find some good life to nourish your starving soul today.

Reactions: r4.h
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah a lot is troubling me it's always like one bad thing after another to the point where I think someone has out a curse in me. I honestly suspect it since well my mom's bf is a warlock -__-.

But anyway, 03/01 some lady jumped out of the turning lane smashed into my mom and I ran us into a tree then a street light. So my moms car is totalled. Right before that my car died in a drive through lot so I was late for work and because of the car crash I missed work altogether and was lucky to even be alive.

She was faulted but that doesn't help cause now I have to go to see Drs and pay copays and deal with lawyers it's a mess. And my mom can't get to her Dr Appointments. And I got some of my PTO taken cause of the accident.

Then there's the fact that my job changed my job responsibilities my hours and dropped my differential pay because they decided to give me a schedule change that's literally only 1.5 hours different and I end up staying over anyway. I'm furious about this.

People in my life are extremely irritating and inconsiderate.

So fed up with people, gov., Job everything.things seem so Terrible always.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah a lot is troubling me it's always like one bad thing after another to the point where I think someone has out a curse in me. I honestly suspect it since well my mom's bf is a warlock -__-.

But anyway, 03/01 some lady jumped out of the turning lane smashed into my mom and I ran us into a tree then a street light. So my moms car is totalled. Right before that my car died in a drive through lot so I was late for work and because of the car crash I missed work altogether and was lucky to even be alive.

She was faulted but that doesn't help cause now I have to go to see Drs and pay copays and deal with lawyers it's a mess. And my mom can't get to her Dr Appointments. And I got some of my PTO taken cause of the accident.

Then there's the fact that my job changed my job responsibilities my hours and dropped my differential pay because they decided to give me a schedule change that's literally only 1.5 hours different and I end up staying over anyway. I'm furious about this.

Please consider bringing your whole load of horribleness to The Lord in prayer and find comfort in His loving truth and let His love guide you away from there. Honest the world and its ways are like poisonous drinking water to the soul, but God's loving truth are living waters to our hearts and comforts and directs us which way to go. So please take care to follow His truth in love otherwise it will still back-fire, for only when we heed the voice of love in truth can we find our way out of the maze this world puts us in.

i wrote a poem about the time i was stuck like that i would like to share with you about that time.

Twice Blinded

What destroyer, where would he be?
The deadly snake bite I didn't see!
Still part of myself was dragged away,
held captive there by wicked sway,
all the lies sown in my soul,
day by day taking control,
feeding my life lies and misery,
my good times became history.

Bringing thoughts and feelings around,
which are in no way sound,
rather inner kings cruel and strong,
those worldly ways so very wrong,
raising Babylon in all her might,
holding me captive in my fright,
denying grace to rule my ways,
mocking God in His face.

Horse hooves trampling my soul,
grass-hoppers devouring all,
scorpion stings stinging,
famine upon famine bringing,
brimstone burn everything to ash,
massive hailstones me to smash,
the darkness ever growing close,
for the goats got me by the nose.

So working for another's bread,
God's loving truth I forget,
thinking my world would always stink,
driving my good life to the brink,
yet there at the bottom of my might,
I finally began to see the light..,
..Jesus, whom I bring so much grief,
when I have that liar as my chief!

And so The Truth did shine on me!
His Spirit alive in my heart to see!
Oh what blinding light I saw there?
God's goodness displayed everywhere!
His love washing me white as snow!
His loving truth inside my life to flow!
Oh Lamb of God forever to be praised!
For from the dead I have been raised!

Upvote 0

r4.h

Feb 11, 2018
Hamilton
✟20,810.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

hi Angel, i do understand how you feel, i live with so much stuff going wrong myself. But i can usually pin point it to some implication with sin. Not always my own, and sometimes just because "Satan has asked to sift me" accusing God that I only love Him because He is protecting me.
Im not surprised you are under such attack, (i THINK, please check with God and godly counsellors who know you) you need to get away from your mum for a time as long as she is with such evil spirit. I dont mean stop praying and witnessing when your sure God is guiding.
We are warned not to be partakers of others sin. That means if we support them, we oft will share in their discipline/judgement. God told Moses and others to step far away from those He was about to destroy. This was for Israel, and is not usually for individuals unless they are very wicked and God has exhausted all His options.

I once felt God tell me to warn a man he would die if he didnt repent. I didnt know at the time he was a pedophile, and i doubted it was Gods voice, i next heard he had been stabbed and died.

Last year i was asked to encourage a new believer in the church. He was fresh out of prison, and had to move from his home and farm that had been confiscated by the courts. I also found myself helping a lady friend of his who lived at the house too. I didnt know he was still sexually involved with her.
I got up very early to drive 1 1/2 hrs to help them, i didnt pray saying i will pray on the way. Halfway there i was praising God for such beautiful sight of the sun just peaking over the hills, sending rays across the sky. Because of the half light/dark i didnt see the T intersection coming up until i was about 100 ft from it. I was cruising at the 100km speed limit and wasnt rushing, but needless to say i didnt make it and ended up in a ditch after destroying a fence line.
I was unhurt, but my newly bought and uninsured $6000 ute was pretty much a right off.
I was left asking God, "WHY! am not trying to help one of your lambs"? This and many other experiences now convince me we can pay with others in their sins. I have not let Satan win his soul though, and continue to challenge him to leave sin behind and follow God, my perserverance has cost me, but he is slowly turning the corner and has gone from negative depression and unbelief, to see Gods goodness to him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cacemf

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2018
Washington, DC
✟56,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm so sorry to hear that things are feeling so hopeless. Life can be painful for sure, and I've definitely been in that stuck place before where I've felt like help was beyond me and it feels horrible. I just wanted to sit here with you and give you some encouragement...The LORD definitely wants you here to make a difference...you're not a mistake, as God doesn't make mistakes. :heart:

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0