Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
There are different levels of evil. I'd have to say, a recent news story about pedophiles in Philippines, raping, torturing and killing children, then selling the videos of them online has to be down there with one of the worst.
A truly evil person has no feelings for other human beings. They are stone cold. They can actually laugh and joke about it with other pedophiles afterwards.
Maybe it is important now and then to realise the depths of human sin. Not for the rest of us to feel superior, but to be wary of the presence of Satan in our midst.
And to just pray. Pray that we are not led into temptation but delivered from evil . Amen.
My heart goes out to these innocent children. What poverty can do to our decision making. I feel sorry for the parents of course. Easy to blame them but none of us have ever been in their shoes.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are different levels of evil. I'd have to say, a recent news story about pedophiles in Philippines, raping, torturing and killing children, then selling the videos of them online has to be down there with one of the worst.
A truly evil person has no feelings for other human beings. They are stone cold. They can actually laugh and joke about it with other pedophiles afterwards.
Maybe it is important now and then to realise the depths of human sin. Not for the rest of us to feel superior, but to be wary of the presence of Satan in our midst.
And to just pray. Pray that we are not led into temptation but delivered from evil . Amen.
My heart goes out to these innocent children. What poverty can do to our decision making. I feel sorry for the parents of course. Easy to blame them but none of us have ever been in their shoes.
Pray, yes; be wary, yes. But also do something about it. There is a lot of human oppression and misery, in terms of women and children being in the position of slaves. There is a thriving market in the trafficking of human beings. It occurs all around us, but we do not see it. Some Catholic groups, including religious orders, are involved in trying to stop it and help the victims. But it is like going against a major crime organization, because that's what it is. You can help by supporting the people and facilities that exist to help women and children escape the horrors they are experiencing.

• Agree
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
There is a thriving market in the trafficking of human beings.
If anyone is suffering in the world it is the victims of human trafficking. I'd like to help if I could but it wont be donating money as I am not flush with it, at present.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

i did a double-take.......
Not for the rest of us to feel superior
Why would that even enter ANYONE'S mind?

Superior?

It's not about "us".

Is it?

*Sincerely baffled smilie will be inserted here after i find one that expresses the baffling double-take i did....*

in the meantime....

Say-wut-baby.jpg

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
it seems like you've been taking offence a lot recently Brinny.
I'm not going to explain it, if you dont get it.
This is not some kind of competition to see who is the most compassionate person on CF.
And its not about you either. I don't wear badges of compassion on my signature to boost my profile.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
it seems like you've been taking offence a lot recently Brinny.
I'm not going to explain it, if you dont get it.
This is not some kind of competition to see who is the most compassionate person on CF.
And its not about you either. I don't wear badges of compassion on my signature to boost my profile.

That was my reaction to your post.

I'm not offended.

Just did a double take.

An emphatic one.

Of COURSE it's not about me.

Nor you either.

It's about the horrendous evil that takes place and continues growing worldwide, while swallowing up and destroying innocents in loathesome-ly twisted and onerous ways.

it's despicable.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My wife keeps calling me "the Messiah" recently. No wonder I have a God complex! :)
Wow, the closest I get from my wife is "don't make me introduce you to your maker." *shivers*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Eternal Torture. What in the Hell is the point of it? As an example to others to frighten the wits out of them? Like the idea behind Life Behind Bars? To protect the community?
Yeah Ok character like Hitler, Stalin and Mao may deserve it, but even then I don't see the point. So those in Heaven can laugh at them?

• Agree
Reactions: Martinius
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My wife keeps calling me "the Messiah" recently. No wonder I have a God complex! :)
I must be one of the Seven Dwarfs, as my wife keeps calling me "Dopey". She can't make up her mind, since last week she said I was "Grumpy".

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A feeling of superiority is a form of vanity. It causes or contributes to much of the evil and suffering in the world. We see it in many religions, including Christian faiths. We see it in nationalism, racism, and prejudice in general. I have to fully agree with BCP on this. It is nothing to joke about or dismiss.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
My dog is a concern right now. He refuses to go walk with my partner. I can take him for a walk but he refuses to chase the ball in the park anymore. We notice him walking very slowly now and hesitating when he has to go up a step. I touched different parts of his body but he didn't flinch. so there doesn't seem to be an acute tender spot. He is 8 going on 9 years old. A corgi (floppy eared)

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My dog is a concern right now. He refuses to go walk with my partner. I can take him for a walk but he refuses to chase the ball in the park anymore. We notice him walking very slowly now and hesitating when he has to go up a step. I touched different parts of his body but he didn't flinch. so there doesn't seem to be an acute tender spot. He is 8 going on 9 years old. A corgi (floppy eared)
Arthritis?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I know some breeds are more susceptible to it. You might want to check with a vet but I've heard there are some good over the counter meds for them now.
I hesitate to use over the counter meds that haven't been advised by a vet. We almost went to a vet today but the consultation alone is 100 bucks. Then xrays and so on make it a real slug. Thanks for your concern anyway Tigger.

Upvote 0