Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
are you saying that TLT is way too bright?
yeah too cheerful. I can lessen your light-hearted banter with sombre thought provoking threads and cathartic Catholic self-reflections which definitely bring you back on track again. I can be the dimmer switch for any sub-forum on CF.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yeah too cheerful. I can lessen your light-hearted banter with sombre thought provoking threads and cathartic Catholic self-reflections which definitely bring you back on track again. I can be the dimmer switch for any sub-forum on CF.
For some strange reason, you usually brighten my day. But you could be right as I just posted my own somewhat-somber thread here. But maybe uplifting at the same time. Depends on your viewpoint. Stay on the bright side of the road, BCP.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
see, you've cheered me up by reminding me of that song by the Van. (Van Morrison. (Bright Side of the Road)
I hoped you would get that. Van Morrison is one of my most favorite song writers and performers. And many of his songs have obvious spiritual and religious themes. In my youth it was Chuck Berry songs that would cheer me up. Now it is Van. Plus I can play many of them on my guitar. Might just go and do that right now.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Plus I can play many of them on my guitar. Might just go and do that right now.
His voice adds something, doesn't it. I like the harmonica bluesy sound. It used to be a way of impressing some girls, saying you "loved the Van". :)

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His voice adds something, doesn't it. I like the harmonica bluesy sound. It used to be a way of impressing some girls, saying you "loved the Van". :)
That's a good point. There are not a lot of Van Morrison songs that have been hits for other people. He is unique. I like the horns on some of his songs, the R&B kind of song that he does so well. He has had good musicians over the years.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I notice that some people get very annoyed if their thread is derailed but don't mind derailing other people's threads.
Ah human beings.
I just wish others were as sinless as me.
Are you derailing your own thread?

And here I thought I was the only one without sin. See, I have a rock in my hand as we speak.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Are you derailing your own thread?

And here I thought I was the only one without sin. See, I have a rock in my hand as we speak.
Most of my threads become train wrecks so derails are welcome. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It is with deep regret and a sad heavy heart that I deliver the following news to the loyal and good-hearted folk of TLT and possibly some other CF citizens.
I am taking a day off tomorrow and wont be able to post. Now, before you shed a tear and wonder how you will ever cope, remember this; I will be here in spirit.
Just continue to post as if life is the same, even though you feel your Cross is so much heavier. be strong. Have faith and soldier on!

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I'm having a great day! I have wine, and dark chocolate, got to see my son honored with his basketball team, and the thing they saw on my mammogram was a cyst not a tumor.
good news mg. re mammogram. Sensational in fact !
Might envy the wine but not the dark choc. prefer milkier choc myself. :)

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm having a great day! I have wine, and dark chocolate, got to see my son honored with his basketball team, and the thing they saw on my mammogram was a cyst not a tumor.
Wonderful news. I am sure that you feel like you just let go of a 16 lb. bowling ball.

I love dark chocolate. What wine goes with it?

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is with deep regret and a sad heavy heart that I deliver the following news to the loyal and good-hearted folk of TLT and possibly some other CF citizens.
I am taking a day off tomorrow and wont be able to post. Now, before you shed a tear and wonder how you will ever cope, remember this; I will be here in spirit.
Just continue to post as if life is the same, even though you feel your Cross is so much heavier. be strong. Have faith and soldier on!
This is like getting released from jail for a day on the honor system. Wee! Let's run around and act crazy, with no BCP watching over us. What goofy and fun things should we do and post?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

• Haha
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good start. It's Saturday, a day for fun and frolic. What are we all doing for the few hours we are free from our shackles. I went to Wal-Mart with my wife, put gliders on our kitchen chairs, filled the bird feeders, played with the neighbor dogs. Time to rest from all that exertion.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I went to Wal-Mart with my wife,
That must be the classic symbol of American suburban lifestyle. In Australia we have a place called Bunnings. "Gotta go to Bunning later today..." is a useful phrase to learn for those new American immigrants coming to live in Australia. (who need political asylum from Trump)

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
This is like getting released from jail for a day on the honor system. Wee! Let's run around and act crazy, with no BCP watching over us. What goofy and fun things should we do and post?
Sorry to disappoint. My trip away was cancelled due to ........lack of planning and laziness mostly.

Upvote 0