Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course it's not our power moving the mountain, but we do have to have the ability to have the faith to begin with. If our faith moves it, in a sense the power, due to that faith, is granted to us..still, it all comes from God
Even our faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Without the Spirit, we are utterly powerless to work miracles.

Reactions: Open Heart
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even our faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Without the Spirit, we are utterly powerless to work miracles.

Agree, in a sense. Without us, our willingness and sometimes going above and beyond..the spirit has no one to work through.
Our faith also allows the Holy spirit in to begin with, while that faith grows because of the holy spirit.

Humble is a very good thing, but don't sell yourselves short. Then there is the more we do by our own free will, the more rewards we gain in heaven, and God leaves it up to us how much we do. So much is left up to us.

A joint venture.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Agree, in a sense. Without us, our willingness and sometimes going above and beyond..the spirit has no one to work through.
Our faith also allows the Holy spirit in to begin with, while that faith grows because of the holy spirit.

Humble is a very good thing, but don't sell yourselves short. Then there is the more we do by our own free will, the more rewards we gain in heaven, and God leaves it up to us how much we do. So much is left up to us.

A joint venture.
many talents, many gifts, well used gain more.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Are they events outside our understanding? Just because Yeshua walked on water, doesn't make it a miracle, just something we don't normally see; does obey the laws of nature and can be done by any of us.

When I see "miracles". I think of the limits of my understanding of how is it possible. It must have been the same for those who first say a plane fly for the first time. It was impossible in the minds of many before it was done. The few who envisioned its possibilities, had a lot to learn in aerodynamics before getting a plane off the ground. But back then this was ground breaking science. Is this not the same for everything else?

Take the miracle of healing. By faith, people open themselves up for change, and change happens. Today, science has now determined that the mind does matter. Sick minds do create sick bodies. I am not saying we have all the details of how this works. I am saying it can be scientifically explained but we have to first believe before it is even conceived of how.
One of your best posts ever. It really makes me think.

I guess I use the word miracle in two ways.

The first is for those things that are natural and actually fairly common, but which are so difficult to understand, that I am just floored by them. They humble me in their majesty, their unfathomableness, their sacredness... It's as if somehow the scientific understanding and their commonality just don't REALLY explain them. Things like the birth of a child or someone forgiving their betrayer.

The second is what people more commonly call miracles, those things which are so uncommon that we say, "Nah! Couldn't happen!" Not that they are completely impossible. Just that the odds are one in a gazillion, so that it maybe takes a nudge from God to line up all the dice. Things like the virgin birth, or a blind man seeing again.

Upvote 0

GBTG

Nov 2, 2017
Luverne
✟14,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You would not want Him to, but nothing is outside His realm.

I have no words... Either your are trying to troll me or you really have not the faintest idea of God. He is the I am that I am! Not the I am that I am not... lol

Regards, GBTG

Upvote 0

GBTG

Nov 2, 2017
Luverne
✟14,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The whole point of the incarnation, God becoming man, was so that God could die.

I wholeheartedly agree if you have read all my posts you would also understand the context of the question I was answering. There is a difference between God the Father in that form and God the Son in that form...

Regards, GBTG

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
By definition, a miracle violates natural law: either the physical laws or the laws of probability. For example, a missionary in Africa is trying to find a way to demonstrate the crucifixion to natives who barely speak English. After praying about it, they open a can of tuna fish and fine a large nail in it. The odds of a nail getting into a tuna fish can, shipped half way around the world and being present right after a prayer are so absurd that one could call that a miracle even though it IS possible.

Walking across open sea water is NOT possible. When I saw a magician perform the illusion (which is not a miracle) he walked on a bridge of poly-carbonate plastic four inches below the surface. Good trick, but not a miracle. There are many things we can't explain, but unless they violate natural law they are not miracles.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I wholeheartedly agree if you have read all my posts you would also understand the context of the question I was answering. There is a difference between God the Father in that form and God the Son in that form...

Regards, GBTG
Oh ok. Got it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
By definition, a miracle violates natural law: either the physical laws or the laws of probability. For example, a missionary in Africa is trying to find a way to demonstrate the crucifixion to natives who barely speak English. After praying about it, they open a can of tuna fish and fine a large nail in it. The odds of a nail getting into a tuna fish can, shipped half way around the world and being present right after a prayer are so absurd that one could call that a miracle even though it IS possible.

Walking across open sea water is NOT possible. When I saw a magician perform the illusion (which is not a miracle) he walked on a bridge of poly-carbonate plastic four inches below the surface. Good trick, but not a miracle. There are many things we can't explain, but unless they violate natural law they are not miracles.
watch

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I am in Israeli Foreign Corps in spiritual field.:wave:
Yes, I understand that.

But I'm asking something different: Do you consider yourself a Palestinian-Israeli? It's a yes/no question. If it's too personal, you don't have to answer. I'm not trying to pry.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,027.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I understand that.

But I'm asking something different: Do you consider yourself a Palestinian-Israeli? It's a yes/no question. If it's too personal, you don't have to answer. I'm not trying to pry.
I think I am not a Palestinian-Israeli. I look like a Chinese or Korean or Japanese. Mainly I am educated by the culture of Eastern Asia but not Western Asia. Although my father's father as a Chinese minority(Arabic Chinese) was a local Islamic leader in China.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I think I am not a Palestinian-Israeli. I look like a Chinese or Korean or Japanese. Mainly I am educated by the culture of Eastern Asia but not Western Asia. Although my father's father as a Chinese minority(Arabic Chinese) was a local Islamic leader in China.
You are a fascinating individual--welcome to our forum.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0