Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
In my last reply I challenged you to provide a basis for your assertion that there are no miracles today. I see you failed to take up that challenge.

Last time I checked, no dead men crawling out of graves or brimstone from heaven destroying, say, Vegas, in breaking news headlines :)

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last time I checked, no dead men crawling out of graves or brimstone from heaven destroying, say, Vegas, in breaking news headlines :)
Oh I see, so you don't really have a good basis for that belief. I'm glad we got that cleared up.

Reactions: Temirlan
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
OK, let's call them the laws of physics and chemistry. Is it better thay way?

I can not call them that, chemistry and physics are not a creator. They are just man created ways of making stuff out of Gods creation.

Upvote 0

Temirlan

Jun 28, 2019
Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I can not call them that, chemistry and physics are not a creator. They are just man created ways of making stuff out of Gods creation.

Well, then I'm talking about no miracles today as in violayikn with Laws of man created ways of mak8ng stuff out of God's creation

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well, then I'm talking about no miracles today as in violayikn with Laws of man created ways of mak8ng stuff out of God's creation

There are no miracles today period, that is if a person defines a miracle by Biblical standards. Which i do.

Not to say there will not be one tomorrow though

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I've encountered one person in my life who seemed to be mysteriously healed through prayer. But I can't be 100 percent certain. I just know her recovery seemed unlikely, and very surprising. She had a brain tumor and had to use a walker due leg problems, and a Episcopalian canon at the local cathedral prayed for her and laid hands on her (I also prayed for her), and a few weeks later when I saw her, her walker was gone and she told me that the doctors told her, her brain tumor was gone also. But I lost contact with her and I wasn't that close to her to understand her story completely.

On the other hand, God hasn't really answered most of the prayer I've made. And reports of miraculous healing occasionally do happen in other religions. For instance, Arvol Looking Horse is a native American shaman who claims he was healed from a spinal injury by his dead grandmother. And a Taiwanese nun, Ven. Master Cheng Yen, claims as a child praying to Guan Yin healed her mother of a perforated stomach, which lead her to become a vegetarian.

Upvote 0

Temirlan

Jun 28, 2019
Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I've encountered one person in my life who seemed to be mysteriously healed through prayer. But I can't be 100 percent certain. I just know her recovery seemed unlikely, and very surprising. She had a brain tumor and had to use a walker due leg problems, and a Episcopalian canon at the local cathedral prayed for her and laid hands on her (I also prayed for her), and a few weeks later when I saw her, her walker was gone and she told me that the doctors told her, her brain tumor was gone also. But I lost contact with her and I wasn't that close to her to understand her story completely.

On the other hand, God hasn't really answered most of the prayer I've made. And reports of miraculous healing occasionally do happen in other religions. For instance, Arvol Looking Horse is a native American shaman who claims he was healed from a spinal injury by his dead grandmother. And a Taiwanese nun, Ven. Master Cheng Yen, claims as a child praying to Guan Yin healed her mother of a perforated stomach, which lead her to become a vegetarian.

I live among Islam, shamanism and Orthodox Christianity. Claims of miracles of all kinds, including medical, abound among people of all of these faiths. I do accept these stories as possibly true. Not as proof of God or Allah or ancestrial spirit working to heal. Immune system, placebo effect due to strong faith - our body's ability to self-heal is amazing. All of these stories have to do with conditions, treatable with the body's natural ability to self-heal. Not even once did I hear about a truly miraculous, physically impossible recovery story. E.g., an amputated limb growing back, or a dead person raised by faith. Never. All these miracles, no matter how amazing and rare, can be explained medically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Facts. Not beleif. Knowing. Beleif, faith are self-deceipt.
That was almost entirely incoherent. You have had multiple requests to provide such facts, and have failed to do so for several exchanges now. "Assertion. Not fact"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Temirlan

Jun 28, 2019
Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
That was almost entirely incoherent. You have had multiple requests to provide such facts, and have failed to do so for several exchanges now. "Assertion. Not fact"

I've already said this several times in this thread: no Biblical miracles occuring in our day. It's a fact. Many Christians agree with me.

One (of many) of my personal explanations is that the gods of the past were extraterrestrials with very advanced technology. Gods El, Yahve and his wife Astarta, Dagon, Rama, angels, etc were ETs. There was a war between different groups of ETs, when some of them, perhaps the progressors, were wiped out. A war of gods. Therefore there are no more great miracles that are performed out in the open for all to witness. Today our civilization is controlled by an evil ET power, who don't want us to realize we're under their control.

All of this could be total BS. Religion could be simply a myth, fairy tales without a word of truth in it. Though I don't think so, there's some grain of historical truth in the divine and miraculous stories of the past.

These are all just wild throries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've already said this several times in this thread: no Biblical miracles occuring in our day. It's a fact. Many Christians agree with me.
Until you provide a basis that would make it a fact, your statement that there are no miracles today remains an assertion. Someone agreeing with you doesn't transform your statement into a fact.

Do you have any textual basis for the belief that appkalu are extra terrestrials?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Temirlan

Jun 28, 2019
Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Until you provide a basis that would make it a fact, your statement that there are no miracles today remains an assertion. Someone agreeing with you doesn't transform your statement into a fact.

If a deceased rose from the dead or Red Sea parted, we would hear about it.

Upvote 0