Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟116,977.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Check this out! I just found this video on YouTube- it is a documentary of a miracle that occurred in the US Revolutionary War between the Colonial Army and the British! God has had his hand upon this nation right from the beginning and this video proves it, it is AMAZING, look at this! The Continental Congress declares a day or prayer and fasting for wisdom in the war and God gives it!

This culminates in the Continental Army being trapped by the British Army with their backs to the sea, General Washington makes the decision to evacuate his army across the East River. It looked like a disaster was inevitable but that morning a freak cloud of dense fog materialized and hid the American army and allowed them to escape unharmed! The link to the video about this is here:

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It wasn't until the Civil War that British influence was finally cast out of America and the great nation birthright fully conferred to Manasseh.

Genesis 48:19
And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

Upvote 0

jamiec

Aug 2, 2020
Scotland
✟42,265.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I remember this story. This fog happened for a reason.
That does not sound like a miracle at all. A providence, perhaps.

One of the problems with interpreting it is, that human beings have no access to whether the rebellion of the thirteen colonies had God's blessing, or not.
It could, in principle, have been a punitive judgement, upon either, or both, Great Britain, and, the thirteen colonies. For peace is a blessing, and strife is not.
It could equally well have been a "blessing in disguise" for the British Empire.

The results that man sees in a nation's life, are far too mixed & ambiguous to be accurately interpreted - unless a recognised, God-sent, Prophet is available to interpret events. IIRC, that is one of the points C. S. Lewis made in his essay "Historicism".

God's blessing may be upon the US - but:

that may be despite its national life
or upon parts only of that life, or at times only
if so, that in no way implies that God endorses the doctrine of US exceptionalism.

The *only* Top Nation or Top Empire, is the Kingdom of God ruled by Christ the King. And, crucially, it is the only kingdom that is "from Heaven", "not of this age/world". All others belong to this passing age/world, so they will pass with it.

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Wow! Thank you so much for sharing the video. I remember the battle of Brooklyn Heights, but the documentary I watched conveniently left out the fog.

It wasn't until the Civil War that British influence was finally cast out of America and the great nation birthright fully conferred to Manasseh.

Genesis 48:19
And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

What's interesting is when you look at the wars fought in America, it was over the birthright. I believe the Spanish were/are Edomites.

The Spaniards came to America, but could never really get a strong foothold here because Esau lost his birthright to Isaac. Sir Francis Drake raided the Spanish fort St. Augustine in Florida, and of course defeated the Spanish Armada across the Atlantic. And that defeat was even providential.

Then in America we saw the French and Indian War = Reuben vs Joseph

The French lost, because Reuben lost the birthright.

Americans vs British & North vs South = Manasseh vs Ephraim

I read that German immigrants greatly tipped the election in favor of Abraham Lincoln and it seems that a lot of Manassites came from Germany / Prussia.

Interesting too that America comes from the name 'Machir'; the name Machir in Hebrew means 'one who barters', so a salesman, a businessman. . .a capitalist! And Machir was a man of war (Joshua 17:1) Manasseh was depicted as a wild ox; Ephraim a tame ox and the national animal of America is a Buffalo, which is indeed a wild ox!

Yeah, I could go on and on about our identity. I love being American!

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟474,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Wow! Thank you so much for sharing the video. I remember the battle of Brooklyn Heights, but the documentary I watched conveniently left out the fog.

What's interesting is when you look at the wars fought in America, it was over the birthright. I believe the Spanish were/are Edomites.

The Spaniards came to America, but could never really get a strong foothold here because Esau lost his birthright to Isaac. Sir Francis Drake raided the Spanish fort St. Augustine in Florida, and of course defeated the Spanish Armada across the Atlantic. And that defeat was even providential.

Then in America we saw the French and Indian War = Reuben vs Joseph

The French lost, because Reuben lost the birthright.

Americans vs British & North vs South = Manasseh vs Ephraim

I read that German immigrants greatly tipped the election in favor of Abraham Lincoln and it seems that a lot of Manassites came from Germany / Prussia.

Interesting too that America comes from the name 'Machir'; the name Machir in Hebrew means 'one who barters', so a salesman, a businessman. . .a capitalist! And Machir was a man of war (Joshua 17:1) Manasseh was depicted as a wild ox; Ephraim a tame ox and the national animal of America is a Buffalo, which is indeed a wild ox!

Yeah, I could go on and on about our identity. I love being American!

I have to say as proud as I am to be a Yankee, and a member of the denomination that was the Black Robed Regiment, I am leaning towards agreeing with @jamiec on this one.

Upvote 0