Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speaking to Register after Tuesday’s conviction of the former police officer for the death of George Floyd, these Catholics said they find relief and hope in the trial’s outcome.

MINNEAPOLIS — When Michele Gittens learned on Tuesday that former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin had been found guilty on all three counts brought against him for the May 25 death of George Floyd, her reaction was both emotional and physical.

“I started crying, and I was surprised that I had tears,” said Gittens, a Black Catholic who belongs to a downtown Minneapolis parish. “I felt like my stomach released and my shoulders felt lighter, and my back — I just felt this lifting. I didn’t realize I’d been carrying this since last year.”

Continued below.
Minnesota Black Catholics Say Chauvin Verdict Is a First Step Toward Justice

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think I would be less annoyed or upset about the Chauvin trial if our society hadn't canonized a terrible man who by all appearances actually died from a drug overdose. As soon as they did that this clearly became about something other than a man who died in police custody or even race relations in general. The faceless Marxists trying to transmogrify this Republic needed a multi-pronged strategy that began with COVID and accelerated by social unrest.

And here we are.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Worst of all, police reform rly is desperately needed.

Totally right, police reform wouldn't be a bad thing but the type of "reform" we're bound to get is liable to be totally lawless at it's core. What the radicals want is the London police, totally castrated and impotent against any kind of real crime or threat, just token figures in bright jackets to walk the streets and kindly tell you how to find the nearest train station. God help you if you're held at knife point for your wallet, or worse.

Upvote 0